Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
The only two teams that control their destiny in the BE as of now are
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
The only two teams that control their destiny in the BE as of now are
Uconn and Rutgers......Wow who would have thought. The game on nov 3rd is going to be insane.
10-20-2007 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
RE: The only two teams that control their destiny in the BE as of now are
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:Uconn and Rutgers......Wow who would have thought. The game on nov 3rd is going to be insane.

I say bring it! If UCONN wins against USF next week, state of CT gonna go insane for that RU game. We better be on ABC or on national coverage.

It will be a great game. Should be a huge game for the NE and the NYC area.
10-20-2007 04:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
SF Husky Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:Uconn and Rutgers......Wow who would have thought. The game on nov 3rd is going to be insane.

I say bring it! If UCONN wins against USF next week, state of CT gonna go insane for that RU game. We better be on ABC or on national coverage.

It will be a great game. Should be a huge game for the NE and the NYC area.

WE'LL BRING IT!!!

:noisycricket::noisycricket::noisycricket::noisycricket::noisycricket:
10-21-2007 02:39 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
It's great to see some marquee matchups around NYC, ain't it? 04-cheers
10-21-2007 02:56 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
That could change after this weekends games.
USF vs UConn
WV vs Rutgers.
If USF and WV win they control the BE's destiny.
Everything could change from one week to another
10-21-2007 03:17 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

Cubanbull Wrote:That could change after this weekends games.
USF vs UConn
WV vs Rutgers.
If USF and WV win they control the BE's destiny.
Everything could change from one week to another

THE BIG EAST - YOU GOTTA LOVE IT

:ugaexams:04-cheers
10-21-2007 03:31 PM
Advertisement

Bull Daly Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Florida
I am sorry, but I have to pull for WVU to win out to help the BIG EAST. We still can get two teams in the BCS if both WVU and USF win out, but that is a big IF.
10-21-2007 03:55 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
Actually if RU and USF won out both would make the BCS. An 11-1 USF and a 10-2 Big East champ Rutgers would both get BCS bids. So there are a few scenarios that work in our favor.
10-21-2007 04:16 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

If the bowl bids were handed out today:

Conn - BCS
Rutgers -Gator ( We were in Texas last year - NO SUN)
Mienkee - West Virginia
Birmingham - USF
International - Cinn
No Texas Bowl this year.

BE needs another Bowl - 6 bowls for an 8 team conference would be great. Bring on the Tampa Bowl. We could always let our buddies- "the acadamies" and / or ND (in a 7 & 5 year), have one of the bowls if the BE couldn't fill all their obligations, or play one of the BE teams in a minor bowl if we had all 6 teams qualify. The BE needs to get the lower bowl payouts beefed up too.04-rock

The BE should get the Gator / Sun agreement re-written to take 2 BE schools in the same year if the teams are ranked high enough like the BCS Bowls. That would give the BE a potential payout increase for the bowl coffers. They would still have to take one BE team every year in the agreement too.03-idea

04-cheers
10-21-2007 04:21 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
panite Wrote:If the bowl bids were handed out today:

Conn - BCS
Mienkee - West Virginia
Birmingham - USF
International - Cinn
No Texas Bowl this year.

BE needs another Bowl - 6 bowls for an 8 team conference would be great. Bring on the Tampa Bowl. We could always let our buddies- "the acadamies" and / or ND (in a 7 & 5 year), have one of the bowls if the BE couldn't fill all their obligations, or play one of the BE teams in a minor bowl if we had all 6 teams qualify. The BE needs to get the lower bowl payouts beefed up too.04-rock

The BE should get the Gator / Sun agreement re-written to take 2 BE schools in the same year if the teams are ranked high enough like the BCS Bowls. That would give the BE a potential payout increase for the bowl coffers. They would still have to take one BE team every year in the agreement too.03-idea
The Big East will have the Texas Bowl back in 2008 and 2009. After that, however, it will be time to stick the Tampa Bowl into our fourth slot. The academies, by the way, need to be our opponents for the Tampa Bowl in order to keep them from stealing any of our other bids like last year. As for the order of our bowls, the International Bowl picks before the Papa John's Bowl, not the other way around.
10-21-2007 04:30 PM
SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
panite Wrote:BE needs another Bowl - 6 bowls for an 8 team conference would be great. We could always let our buddies- "the acadamies" and / or ND (in a 7 & 5 year), have one of the bowls if the BE couldn't fill all their obligations, or play one of the BE teams in a minor bowl if we had all 6 teams qualify. The BE needs to get the lower bowl payouts beefed up too.

I realize you already know this panite as you allude to later but one small correction - the BE actually has 5 bowls for essentially 9 teams right now because of ND. A 6th bowl would be nice and of course more money.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2007 05:13 PM by SoCalPanther.)
10-21-2007 05:12 PM
Advertisement

MOUNTAINEERFAN64 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WVU & Big East

Conn - BCS
Mienkee - West Virginia
Birmingham - USF
International - Cinn
No Texas Bowl this year.

04-cheers

Sorry, I think you're wrong.. being a top 6 team, I would say WVU gets an at large BCS game.
10-21-2007 05:46 PM
Bull Daly Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Florida
USF would rather go to the International Bowl this year instead of the Birmingham Bowl. USF was in the Birmingham Bowl last season, so it is highly unlikely that we will do it two years in a row.
10-21-2007 05:51 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
LOL. are u on crack. There is no freaking way USF would want to go to either of those two bowls right now but if it came down to it it would be Bham again. You really think many USF fans would travel to Toronto in december to play a MAC team?
Hopefully we will finish what was started and neither would be an option
10-21-2007 06:06 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

Thanks for the info and corrections guys.04-cheers
10-21-2007 06:17 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
In my opinion the worst thing that could happen is for UCONN finish first or second in the Big East.
10-22-2007 09:28 AM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Why would you say a thing like that? UConn would be more than battle tested if the Huskies managed to finish in first place or second place. That also means UConn would be 11-1. A record like that could stand up to any other team's mark at that point of the season.

If you are worried about the fan base, that will not be an issue, just look at how the Huskies traveled for the Motor City Bowl in 2004 or to various NCAA Tournament games - both men's and women's - over the years. The Gator and Meineke bowls would both want UConn.
10-22-2007 11:10 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
It is way too early to determine anyones fate we all still play each other. Things change quick. at least five or six teams can go can go from BCS contender to needing a passport in Jan. enjoy each week the BEAST is exciting.
10-22-2007 03:11 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

Now healthy, West Virginia looks like a contender in Big East, Heisman races
By David Albright | ESPN.com
Updated: October 30, 2007

PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- The angry afternoon sky subsided as the relentless torrents of rain and gusty winds finally moved on.

So in the closing minutes of West Virginia's dominant 31-3 win at Rutgers, the Mountaineers sideline was in a playful mood.

Hulking fullback Owen Schmitt poured water over his Mohawk and used his hands to style it a bit. The results were questionable, but none of his teammates stepped forward to tell the 6-foot-3, 260-pound battering ram that his 'do wasn't working.

On the benches that outline the back of the sideline area, several Mountaineers engaged the remaining spectators who were in full heckle mode, but it wasn't a fair fight as the RU fans had no meaningful ammunition to fire back.

A few feet away, center Mike Dent and a fellow lineman shielded quarterback Pat White from the verbal fray as the trio basked in the results of Rich Rodriguez's potent offense when it's (finally) able to run on all cylinders.

After the game clock reached all zeroes, White was far from finished. He shuttled from an ABC interview to a midfield prayer to a bear hug from his head coach. Then there was an impromptu receiving line in front of WVU fans and an on-the-field photo op with a fan who clearly didn't belong -- but in actuality was the only person who stopped White all afternoon.

All in a day's work when you're one of the most electrifying players in college football. Suffice to say White did everything on this Saturday except strike a pose -- but only because that's not his style.

In a place that proudly embraces its location as the "Birthplace of College Football," the 43,620 soggy fans at Rutgers Stadium and a nearly national TV audience witnessed the rebirth of a Heisman Trophy campaign.

"When we're clicking, I really don't think anybody can stop us," Mountaineers RB Steve Slaton said. "I think it was one of [Pat's] best games. Everything they gave us, he took. We had a good week of preparation and he ran with it."

White's precision piloting of the WVU attack clearly benefited Slaton; he scored three of the Mountaineers' four touchdowns. But it was the 6-foot-2, 185-pound quarterback who clearly stole the show.

The key was that White was finally healthy after he suffered a thigh injury in WVU's only loss on Sept. 28 at South Florida.

And despite the less-than-ideal field conditions, the junior accounted for 300 of the Mountaineers' 398 total yards and was too much for the Scarlet Knights' defense to handle -- even when they knew what was coming.

The Daphne, Ala., native finished with a game-high 156 rushing yards (1 TD) to go along with 144 yards on 10-of-16 passing.

In fairness to the Scarlet Knights, it was the first time they had seen White up close and personal because he missed last year's triple-overtime thriller with an injury.

And there's simply no way to prepare for the combination of quickness and speed that White brings to the position.

"Schematically you can pick it up," Rutgers coach Greg Schiano said a few days before the game. "But it's going to be a shock that first series when he carries the ball. He's an electric guy with that ball in his hands.

"He's so fast he can accelerate from nothing to full speed like that, and his full speed is faster than anyone on the field."

Never was that more evident than on third down.

White converted 10-of-13 of those opportunities when he either ran with or passed the ball, and he racked up 211 yards in the process.

"I've heard from people that the first time you see Pat, you think you have an angle and you don't," Rodriguez said. "He's such an explosive player that there are times when there's people around him and he either outruns the angle or makes somebody miss.

"Pat was able to do everything, and I've said this many times, I think Pat White is one of the best players in the country and he gets a chance to prove it every week."

He has four more regular-season chances to keep WVU in the BCS discussion, and, if White can stay healthy, he has four more opportunities to impress the Heisman Trophy voters.

Up next for the No. 7 Mountaineers (7-1, 2-1 Big East) is a Thursday night national TV appearance against Louisville (No. 81 in total defense) on Nov. 8, followed by the Mountaineers final road game at Cincinnati (No. 51) on Nov. 17. The last two games are back at Milan Puskar Stadium against Connecticut (No. 10) on Nov. 24 and Pitt (No. 23) on Dec. 1.

After he dismantled Rutgers, White was more interested in spreading the praise to his teammates while he deflected talk about being back in the Heisman race.

"It was a great all-around performance," White said from a cramped RU field-hockey locker room that doubled as the visitor's postgame interview area. "Everybody executed today and did the job. We've just got to continue to do it. We made plays. When the ball was in a playmaker's hands, we made plays.

"Football is a team sport. … Heisman … I'm more worried about championships."

When White finally emerged from Rutgers Stadium in his blue and gold WVU warm-up to board the team bus and begin the trip back to Morgantown, the late-afternoon sky had cleared and was painted with a blue backdrop and a gold sun.

"I'm as good as I need to be … as good as I can be right now," White said. "I'm getting close. I felt better today than I think I have all season."

That's bad news for upcoming defenses, and it may be more than enough to propel WVU to a Big East title and the corresponding January BCS game -- with a detour in New York for White for a trophy ceremony.

This article appeared on the ESPN website on Tuesday, October 30, 2007.
10-31-2007 04:05 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

Conn - BCS
Mienkee - West Virginia
Birmingham - USF
International - Cinn
No Texas Bowl this year.

BE needs another Bowl -

Could have the 7th oldest bowl game in the country if you play your cards right.
11-01-2007 11:57 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.