Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is the best WAC town for a roadie?
Bookmark and Share
SJGregg Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

My early props goes to Boise. Great fans, nice stadium, bars within walking distance and nice tailgating (thanks again Broncobob). I wish we had all of that in San Jose.
10-21-2005 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WAC_FAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Baseball Genius

I have not been to the new WAC schools and Ruston, but I'd say it's going to be hard to beat Reno or Boise, at least if you want a nice football experience in a fine town. Honolulu is great if you want a total vacation experience as well.
10-21-2005 03:57 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

WAC_FAN Wrote:I have not been to the new WAC schools and Ruston, but I'd say it's going to be hard to beat Reno or Boise, at least if you want a nice football experience in a fine town. Honolulu is great if you want a total vacation experience as well.
We have a lot of fun in Reno, but not a lot of association with the Pack Chat guys...maybe that will change next time....
10-21-2005 05:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anthony Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I have been to UNR games, and there are two bars in walking distance from the stadium.

The fans are not friendly to the opposing visitors, and there is nothing to do but gamble after the games.

I'll go to Vegas thank you very much for that action.
Not much of a college town...(and cold as hell during the games).
10-21-2005 07:40 PM
Slapdad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

There are only a handful of bars right across the street from Mackay Stadium in Reno, but downtown is only a few blocks away. If you're looking for nightlife and bars and such, then I don't understand the comment about there only being gambling. There are a lot of great bars and clubs in downtown and along the river there is the arts scene with it's jazz bars, brew pubs, clubs, restaurants, and all that. I mean....how is that different than Boise? As far as the weather goes.....you've never been to Boise after October I take it. The fans in Reno have been bad the past five years or so, but they have been much better this year. I think people are getting the idea.
10-21-2005 11:06 PM
Slapdad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

And hey BrocoBob.....next time you come down for a game, drop by. The tailgater that #1PackFan has going for Nov 5 (vs Hawaii) has 100+ people coming....it's going to be a hoot!
10-21-2005 11:09 PM
Advertisement

clpack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Nevada

Anthony Wrote:...two bars in walking distance from the stadium.
Gee Tony, you should try to work up to twice around the block. :rolleyes:

My personal rankings (I actually like all of them):

1. Honolulu (if you ignore the travel, there's no comparison)
2. Reno (I never gamble, and I'm able to find plenty to do)
3. Boise (reminds me a lot of Reno, although they roll up the sidewalks a lot earlier)
4. Logan (what a beautiful setting, and I don't mind turning in early)
5. San Jose (I think SJ is one of the nicer parts of the Bay Area)
6. Fresno (went to the WAC bkb tourney 2 years ago...had a blast)

Drove through Las Cruces in the middle of the night once, but never been to Moscow or Ruston.
10-22-2005 08:35 AM
BlueManBronco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The Reno trip appears to be the fave for most BSU fans. The last two times Boise State played football in Reno there were roughly six or maybe even seven thousand BSU fans in attendance. Orange BSU sweatshirts could be seen everywhere in the stadium and in town prior to the game. 04-cheers

The Hawaii road game is also very popular, but only for the more wealthy BSU fans among us. Most of us can not afford to travel out to Hawaii just to see a football game. 04-bow

Idaho (Moscow, ID) is also a popular road trip for a lot of BSU fans. Primarily because it is fairly close to Boise (about a 6 1/2 to 7 hour drive) and because of the long and intense rivalry between these two schools. I can't imagine Moscow being a very popular road trip destination for any of the other W.A.C. schools tho. However, there are lots of bars in Moscow, so if getting drunk is your goal that is not too difficult to accomplish in Moscow. 04-drinky

The San Jose State road game is very popular for the wives of the coaches. They love that trip because they can go shopping in San Francisco. :bighat:

Utah State can be a fun trip as well, but again primarily because it is so close to Boise (only about a 5 hour drive). :fast:

Fresno State is not a very popular destination for BSU fans. The Fresno State fans can be downright criminal when it comes to their treatment of opposition fans and Boise State fans in particular (and Reno is not much better in that regard). :devil:

La Tech and New Mexico State would have to be at the bottom of the list but only because they are just so damn far away from Boise. :space:
10-22-2005 09:48 AM
nvspuds Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I have never had a good time in Boise (even on the rare occassions when the Pack has actually won there)..The fans tend to be unbelievably foul mouthed and drunk all the time..The blue turf is ridiculous...I am thinking about opening a tatoo parlor there..There appear to be more tatoos per capita in Boise than any place on earth.

San Jose is great..You can sit almost anywhere..The weather is nice..

Hawaii is by far the best place in America to watch a football game..the Pack gets blown out every time they go but sitting there in shorts and a tee shirt on a gorgeous Hawaiian evening negates all that bile..They don't call the place paradise for nothing..

Fresno fans are fine..The city leaves a lot to be desired..

Never been to Las Cruces, Logan or Ruston....

It's wierd watching games in Moscow..The fans are nice but the quansett hut has to go..
10-22-2005 11:07 AM
Anthony Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Boise and Fresno have real college town atmospheres.

Boise was the best for my crew thus far.
10-22-2005 11:12 AM
nvspuds Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Anthony..I was just goofing around...The Boise fans are fine..The city is nice..I like all our conference mates..This thread started with a positive question and turned into a bash your rivals fest...Seems a little counter productive to me..
10-22-2005 11:27 AM
Advertisement

BlueManBronco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

nvspuds Wrote:Anthony..I was just goofing around...The Boise fans are fine..The city is nice..I like all our conference mates..This thread started with a positive question and turned into a bash your rivals fest...Seems a little counter productive to me..
The only person here who appears to be "bashing" or being "counter-productive" is you as far as I can tell. :rolleyes:
10-22-2005 02:35 PM
nvspuds Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Fresno fans can be down right criminal???

Hard to spin that in a positive way..
10-22-2005 02:44 PM
battle.borne Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NEVADA

Anthony Wrote:I have been to UNR games, and there are two bars in walking distance from the stadium.

The fans are not friendly to the opposing visitors, and there is nothing to do but gamble after the games.

Not much to do in Reno but gamble? Ahhhh, you must have a very limited cranial capacity, as I'm not sure the words "not much to do" and "reno" have ever been uttered together before. 03-confused
10-24-2005 01:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Boise was always a personal favorite of mine. Went three times one year, and the fans were great each time!
10-24-2005 01:40 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

TUfan Wrote:Boise was always a personal favorite of mine. Went three times one year, and the fans were great each time!
but TUfans bribes us with cookies....
Bronco fans always treat the cookie providers good......

Looks like Kragthorpe has his team humming along pretty good....
How is the bb team shaping up TUfan.......???
10-24-2005 05:10 PM
Advertisement

broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

battle.borne Wrote:
Anthony Wrote:I have been to UNR games, and there are two bars in walking distance from the stadium.

Not much to do in Reno but gamble? Ahhhh, you must have a very limited cranial capacity, as I'm not sure the words "not much to do" and "reno" have ever been uttered together before. 03-confused
I don't gamble and Reno is one of my favorite places to party....
I like the BrewsBrothers and the whole El Dorado/Silver Legacy/CC complex...
Something for everyone......
10-24-2005 05:11 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

Crappies

Slapdad Wrote:And hey BrocoBob.....next time you come down for a game, drop by. The tailgater that #1PackFan has going for Nov 5 (vs Hawaii) has 100+ people coming....it's going to be a hoot!
I will be in Reno next year....
Can you make it to Boise this Satuday????
10-24-2005 05:13 PM
LRdawg Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

Though Louisiana Tech is not in a big city, the game day experience is fun.

If you come here, expect to eat some good food and meet new friends.
10-24-2005 06:46 PM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

broncobob Wrote:
TUfan Wrote:Boise was always a personal favorite of mine. Went three times one year, and the fans were great each time!
but TUfans bribes us with cookies....
Bronco fans always treat the cookie providers good......

Looks like Kragthorpe has his team humming along pretty good....
How is the bb team shaping up TUfan.......???
Cookies were the only thing that would make it through the flight! LOL!

Football is going well... humming is a good description. After a tough Bye team this week, we have ECU at home and UTEP remaining. Should be fun...

Basketball is much improved. Probably not quite to the level of my husband's era yet, but they should hold their own this year and really smack the crap out of some people next year. I say that, but this year might be a suprise. Ha ha!
10-25-2005 04:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.