Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FIRST HALF GRADES
Bookmark and Share
goBulldogs01 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

...6th for some. My favorite part of the year, for some reason they have always put all the tough games at the end of the schedule. It's now time to readjust the chin strap and smack harder than they have all year!!
Fresno has Nevada, Hawaii, and of course our fav Boise state(slurp! dog drool sorry!) Yes we have USC coming up as well in a sold out L.A stadium with probably 15-20000 mad dogs going down to LA, BUt Fresno is fixed on winning the WAC crown.
First Half Grades would have to be a B for offense and an b- on defense, an A for special teams, these guys rock. Defense could be a little more stubborn on the run defense. The seconary has gotten torched here and there.
offense could run a little better, we did lose a starter on the o-line in the oregon game, the back up has played good. we finally got our big dog Mcintyre back playing about 85% of the game. he should start and play the entire game for Idaho.
Special teams have only allowed 3yrds total on punt returns. and have blocked some kicks here and there. great field position on kickoffs.
we finally have the secondary to give the d-line some extra time to get to the QB. the LB are quick to the ball. over agressive as always. Lets hear some breakdowns of the next 3-4 games and how you plan on finishing out. Heres how I say the top 5 end up:
1. Fresno
2.Boise
3.Nevada(but they have done well before having yet to face Boise and Fresno, but they look good so far)
4.LT-( have already lost to the challengers nevada)
5.Hawaii( lost to their challengers LT,Boise)

Fresno is looking at a good game in Idaho, they looked pretty good against Washington state. But young teams get really down on themselves when they once start losing. Boise and Fresno have the leadership and experience to suck it up and come back. Lots of questions answered next two weeks. Man I love it. Nevada is going to bring it!!
10-18-2005 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I agree with your review.

Idaho has had injuries early on. I'm sure some of those guys will be back in the line-up before we know it.

NMSU plays with the no huddle. They're going to be a tough team to beat in a couple of years.

Boise and FSU are deep teams and have very little drop off when the second stringers come in.

I like Nevada too. This is their year to go Bowling...and I think they'll do it.
10-19-2005 02:46 AM
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

jediwarrior Wrote:I agree with your review.

Idaho has had injuries early on. I'm sure some of those guys will be back in the line-up before we know it.

NMSU plays with the no huddle. They're going to be a tough team to beat in a couple of years.

Boise and FSU are deep teams and have very little drop off when the second stringers come in.

I like Nevada too. This is their year to go Bowling...and I think they'll do it.
I just hope the WAC gets 3 teams into bowls....
I think Hawaii has the best young guys in the league, they will only get tougher. The future looks bright. There is good potentional at Utah State, SJS and NMSU with their new coaches. The real mark of a new coach is how much the team improves between year 1 and year 2.
I thought Idaho would be better this year, but Holt really hasn't shown much as a coach.

Fresno could have their best team ever, I hated to see them lose to the Ducks...
Boise State is coming together, let's see how they do on the road in hostile Logan on Saturday.
Nevada is the other team with bowl potential...
LaTech is a Jekyl and Hyde team as is Hawaii....great at home, very average on the road...
10-19-2005 08:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

broncobob Wrote:LaTech is a Jekyl and Hyde team as is Hawaii....great at home, very average on the road...
You're too kind bob. Tech has been terrible on the road! The aggrivating thing is, we have the talent and ability to beat every team we lost to and we showed it at some point in the games that we lost (Florida being the obvious exception). Nevada was prepared and we were not. I can definitely see them bowling. And, of course, Fresno and Boise are the big dogs as usual. If I were to grade Tech, it would go like this.

Defense=B+(they don't get an A from be and it's the fault of the offense)
Offense=D-(they can't move the ball when it matters...very sad for a former offensive power)
Special Teams=C+(much improved but our kicking/punting game still stinks)

At home, we're dangerous. If we are gonna have any hope to bowl, we must beat Boise at home. On the road, we're a patsy...I'm concerned about USU on the road and I wouldn't put a loss to Idaho out of the question either. We need a huge win this weekend at homecoming. Tech football-gotta love it?
10-19-2005 09:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Johnny - you're way to hard on the La. Tech offense. It's nearly impossible to replace a guy like Moats...but you guys did. In fact, you replaced him with 3 good RB's. Of course, you're "O" line has some caliber NFL prospects...so I'd give the La. Tech "O" a "B". You could easily run the tables at home the rest of the year.
10-19-2005 11:37 AM
Advertisement

SJGregg Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

For the sake of BroncoBob and the great Boise fans, the WAC as a conference and for a Californian misplaced in Utah, I hope Utah State goes down big this weekend. I also hope that Fresno keeps winning until November 5th and the resumes the following week. We need our powerhouses to step up to help the conference.
10-19-2005 12:26 PM
johnnylightnin Offline
Huh?

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

jediwarrior Wrote:Johnny - you're way to hard on the La. Tech offense. It's nearly impossible to replace a guy like Moats...but you guys did. In fact, you replaced him with 3 good RB's. Of course, you're "O" line has some caliber NFL prospects...so I'd give the La. Tech "O" a "B". You could easily run the tables at home the rest of the year.
jedi,

At times, I would agree with you. I thought about grading us at home and grading us on the road. At home, our offense recieves an A+. Against UH and NMSU, they were amazing. We've still got one NFL quality lineman and our backs are very impressive. However, on the road, our passing game is terrible. Our QB isn't the most gifted kid, but he looks down right 1-AA on the road. We have to pass off the run, and Nevada shut our running game down.

On a side note, this is possibly the last year I'll get to watch Tech football in person for a while as I'm moving far away to further my education...I want the best and I want it now! But, the future looks bright for Louisiana Tech and the WAC.
10-19-2005 12:46 PM
Advertisement

USU78 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

SJGregg Wrote:For the sake of BroncoBob and the great Boise fans, the WAC as a conference and for a Californian misplaced in Utah, I hope Utah State goes down big this weekend. I also hope that Fresno keeps winning until November 5th and the resumes the following week. We need our powerhouses to step up to help the conference.
Did somebody pee in your thermos and spoil your Bosco when you can to Logan last, Greg?

Sheesh.
10-19-2005 05:20 PM
broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

USU78 Wrote:
SJGregg Wrote:For the sake of BroncoBob and the great Boise fans, the WAC as a conference and for a Californian misplaced in Utah, I hope Utah State goes down big this weekend.  I also hope that Fresno keeps winning until November 5th and the resumes the following week.  We need our powerhouses to step up to help the conference.
Did somebody pee in your thermos and spoil your Bosco when you can to Logan last, Greg?

Sheesh.
Are you going to make up to the Aggie/Bronco game Gregg?
It is only an hour drive....right????
I would share a beer and brat.....
10-19-2005 05:42 PM
SJGregg Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Broncobob, As a good of a time I had with you guys up there, I can't make the trip this weekend. I may however meet back up with you in San Jose next year, presuming it's not another pajama party game. this weekend will be a combo of family time and the Fightin' Irish sticking to BYU. I'm sure my wife and kids are thrilled. Good luck Boise.
10-21-2005 12:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.