Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
ECU Fans?
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
ECU Fans?
WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED LAST WEEKEND!?! HOW CAN YOU LOSE TO MARSHALL!?!
You were on your way to a nice 8-4 recored with a chance to get a 10 win season. Man that was an aweful loss. I only got to see the score though. What happened?
11-12-2007 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
RE: ECU Fans?
You might want to go over to the CUSA board to ask them. They have several lengthy threads there dedicated to this very subject.
11-12-2007 01:30 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
I have watched most of the games this year.

ECU still does not have a pass defense.

The Marshall loss was not the only loss that hurt this year. NCSU's stomping of ECU hurt as well.

ECU is, at best, an average team. I am saddened that ECU will not be playing for C-USA championship. We seemed destined to be the team that almost wins it.
11-12-2007 04:50 PM
Advertisement

Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies
We were flat, we were outplayed, out-coached, out-hustled, basically out-everythinged.....by far the worst performance during the Holtz era.....

Hope we learned a lesson from it.....truth be told, we have overachieved in quite a few games this season - this was indeed a "rebuilding" year for ECU, but to have done some of the things we have done, and then to not show up with the opportunity to host the conference championship on the line was pretty inexcusable.....

That being said, if we can win the last one in 2 weeks, and pull out a win in our bowl, an 8-win season this year would exceed the expectations many of us had for this young team this season......

Live and learn.....our bye week this week will give us plenty of time to learn from what we (didn't) do.....
11-12-2007 09:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Smokin Pirate Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
I agree with Capital Pirate on all points and also I want to think some of our problems on our defensive front seven is that everyone of them has been hurt at some point this season. Some have been lost for the year and some trying to play wounded. As for our DB's, well that's a work in progress. At the start of the season I thought we would go 7-5 and that's still what I'm thinking and hopefully this week we'll get a few wounded rested.

We had our chance to do better and host the championship game but we slipped up. Some say it's the 11 games straight without a week off but as much as I'd like to agree I can't. We just flat out got beat at Marshall and they used that game as their bowl game and won. I give Marshall all the credit as they took it to us and beat our butts.

Hopefully we learn from it and move on. Overall I think the program is light years ahead of where everyone thought we'd be at this time.
11-14-2007 07:55 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.