05-31-2008 01:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
RE: NBA Finals... Lakers vs Celtics..
Who cares?

After watching game 4 of the Pistons/Celtics and seeing the Celtics get half of their points off of free throws it became clear to me that the NBA is a sham-mockery. I can't stomach watching a full game.

Give me the NHL....
05-31-2008 01:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
blah Wrote:Who cares?

After watching game 4 of the Pistons/Celtics and seeing the Celtics get half of their points off of free throws it became clear to me that the NBA is a sham-mockery. I can't stomach watching a full game.

Give me the NHL....

are you serious? that series was awesome. These are the two best teams in the world and it's gonna show in the form of an amazing championship. Just the fact that you'd rather watch hockey, takes away all your credibility.
05-31-2008 01:24 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Give me the NHL....

Just to see the Red Wings destroy another team in the finals? No thanks.
05-31-2008 02:08 PM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
flyingswoosh Wrote:celtics in 5

5? You've got to be kidding me. Is this just anti-LA bias talking, or do you have a basketball-related reason for thinking the Lakers will only be able to win 1 of 3 in Los Angeles (I'm assuming you can't possibly believe that they'll go 1-1 in Boston and then get swept in LA)?

I won't say you shouldn't favor the Celtics (even though I don't) but this seems extreme.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2008 02:30 PM by Brookes Owl.)
05-31-2008 02:29 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Brookes Owl Wrote:

5? You've got to be kidding me. Is this just anti-LA bias talking, or do you have a basketball-related reason for thinking the Lakers will only be able to win 1 of 3 in Los Angeles (I'm assuming you can't possibly believe that they'll go 1-1 in Boston and then get swept in LA)?

I won't say you shouldn't favor the Celtics (even though I don't) but this seems extreme.

Yeah... no way in 5 the way the Lakers have been looking. But I have to say the Celtics will make a series of it...especially now that they cured their road jinx w/ 2 wins over the Pistons @ The Palace.
05-31-2008 03:31 PM
Golden Eye Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kennesaw State
Pierce vs Kobe isn't even close. Pierce will be so tired trying to guard kobe that he won't have any offense. If anyone anyone else trys to guard Kobe then he will go for 40. Terrible matchups for Boston. LA in 4 or 5.
05-31-2008 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies
Took them long enough to get the final 2 teams.....
05-31-2008 04:04 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
flyingswoosh Wrote:

Give me the NHL....

are you serious? that series was awesome. These are the two best teams in the world and it's gonna show in the form of an amazing championship. Just the fact that you'd rather watch hockey, takes away all your credibility.

What part was awesome? The non-stop whistles? The best team on the court were the 3 officials. They decided every game.

Game 1 = 48 Free Throws
Game 2 = 57 Free Throws
Game 3 = 56 Free Throws
Game 4 = 75 Free Throws
Game 5 = 68 Free Throws
Game 6 = 48 Free Throws

75 Free Throws? Man that sure is exciting to watch.

Contrast that with LAL/SA

Game 1 = 35 Free Throws
Game 2 = 30 Free Throws
Game 3 = 40 Free Throws
Game 4 = 45 Free Throws
Game 5 = 36 Free Throws
05-31-2008 04:32 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
blah Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:

Give me the NHL....

What part was awesome? The non-stop whistles? The best team on the court were the 3 officials. They decided every game.

Game 1 = 48 Free Throws
Game 2 = 57 Free Throws
Game 3 = 56 Free Throws
Game 4 = 75 Free Throws
Game 5 = 68 Free Throws
Game 6 = 48 Free Throws

75 Free Throws? Man that sure is exciting to watch.

Contrast that with LAL/SA

Game 1 = 35 Free Throws
Game 2 = 30 Free Throws
Game 3 = 40 Free Throws
Game 4 = 45 Free Throws
Game 5 = 36 Free Throws

it wasn't the refs, it was the players. Anytime the C's and Pitsons play it's gonna be extremely physical. That's eastern conference basketball.
05-31-2008 07:36 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Brookes Owl Wrote:

my basketball related reason is that i don't think the Lakers can bang down low with perkins and garnett. They don't have the physical skill.

It's sad that people don't realize how good the C's really are. They're an awesome team. They just had trouble with the hawks and cavs, because of the matchups. The hawks were much too athletic, oddly i was one of the few people who seemed to realize that. But i guess that's cause i've watched a good portion of the Celtics' games this season.

oh and BTW, i don't hate the Lakers. It's kinda like the yankees. A lot of people hate them, but i neither hate them or like them.
05-31-2008 07:40 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Lakers in 5

But Im really rooting for the arenas to blow up or something. I cant stand Kobe and Id rather die than see Boston win another championship in anything.
06-01-2008 07:34 PM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil
basketball ended on a Monday night in April
06-01-2008 09:44 PM
RC Horn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas
The Lakers will win this series in either 4 or 5 games. Mark it down. I just do not see how the Celtics are going to be able to win this series.
06-01-2008 10:14 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Laettners Legacy Wrote:basketball ended on a Monday night in April

you mean boring basketball ended on a monday night in April
06-01-2008 11:01 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
PirateTreasureNC Wrote:But where are Magic and Bird? 03-melodramatic

yeah, there's only garnett and kobe, two of the best players in NBA history.
06-01-2008 11:02 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

flyingswoosh Wrote:

Kobe and Garnett have NOTHING on Magic and Bird man. ESPECIALLY at the time it was them for the NBA title nearly every year.

But I will give Kobe some love for his multiple titles and Killer Instinct. And KG has been a very unsung superstar in the league for years...jsut wish this could have happened for him when he was in Minnesota!
06-02-2008 01:39 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
PirateTreasureNC Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:

Kobe and Garnett have NOTHING on Magic and Bird man. ESPECIALLY at the time it was them for the NBA title nearly every year.

But I will give Kobe some love for his multiple titles and Killer Instinct. And KG has been a very unsung superstar in the league for years...jsut wish this could have happened for him when he was in Minnesota!

you're kidding me right? there isn't a power forward who's better than garnett, ever. I'm not saying there aren't a handful tied with him, but none are better.

other than jordan, is there a better 2 guard? We're talking about 2 HOFers.
06-02-2008 07:55 AM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
flyingswoosh Wrote:
Brookes Owl Wrote:

my basketball related reason is that i don't think the Lakers can bang down low with perkins and garnett. They don't have the physical skill.

It's sad that people don't realize how good the C's really are. They're an awesome team. They just had trouble with the hawks and cavs, because of the matchups. The hawks were much too athletic, oddly i was one of the few people who seemed to realize that. But i guess that's cause i've watched a good portion of the Celtics' games this season.
Fair enough. My perspective is that home teams have dominated throughout these playoffs, and it's hard to imagine the best team in the Western Conference losing two out of three home games. Even if the Lakers lose, it's gonna take 6 or 7.

More optimistically (for me), the addition of Gasol made the Lakers a different and much better team. Better rebounding and better defense, not to mention that Odom is now a much better player because he's not depended upon to be the #2 scorer. And I'm pretty sure they can play physical basketball - they did ok against Utah.
06-02-2008 05:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.