Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Schiano on UCF
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
Schiano on UCF
GS has a radio show every week and callers call in and ask him questions pertaining to RU BE etc. Someone called in tonight and asked him about UCF joining the BE and he said while UCF has a good program he does not see it happening because USF would not allow it.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2008 09:30 PM by UltimateCFBfan.)
09-09-2008 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
RE: Schiano on UCF
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:GS has a radio show every week and callers call in and ask him questions pertaining to RU BE etc. Someone called in tonight and asked him about UCF joining the BE and he said while UCF has a good program he does not see it happening because USF would not allow it.

I personally don't think the Big East will do anything until 2013 so probably a non-issue to begin with. The Fla state government wouldn't stand for South Florida blocking another state school if it comes to that.
09-09-2008 09:50 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
First off USF will NOT have the final say on who gets in or not, but certaintly is in the BE best interest for the league to allow USF the time to establish itself.

Secondly IF the league decides taht adding UCF would hurt USF and thus not help the league then there is nothing the state legislature can do.

Im so sick of hearing the state will make USF play UCF, the state will force USF to vote for UCF admission to BE. Get over it win some damn games and IF UCF is the best addition theyll get in. If you dont win then youll be left out again.
09-09-2008 09:58 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
Thank you Cuban.

The state will not be involved one bit. They have better things to worry about like the economy, housing, etc. You know real issues.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2008 10:04 PM by BullsFanInTX.)
09-09-2008 10:03 PM
UCFKnightfan08 Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
why does this always come up? If we can't win OOC games then we're never going to leave c-usa. If we can start to win some of these big games and a bcs conference thinks we could make them better then we'll get added - end of story.
09-09-2008 10:28 PM
Mike the Knight Offline
I Bleed Black & Gold

I Root For: UCF
KNIGHTTIME Wrote:
UltimateCFBfan Wrote:GS has a radio show every week and callers call in and ask him questions pertaining to RU BE etc. Someone called in tonight and asked him about UCF joining the BE and he said while UCF has a good program he does not see it happening because USF would not allow it.

I personally don't think the Big East will do anything until 2013 so probably a non-issue to begin with. The Fla state government wouldn't stand for South Florida blocking another state school if it comes to that.

I'm tired of reading this shiatt...the FL state govt does not need to/will not step in and force USF to play us or to get us in the Big East. Stop spewing this crap.
09-09-2008 11:00 PM
Advertisement

BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
Maybe UCF should try and win a game vs a top 25 before they start thinking about joining a bcs conference.
09-09-2008 11:27 PM
stpnum4 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Slow down USF...what's with the superiority complex?

Maybe you should work on beating Cincinnati before you worry about avoiding UCF for the likes of Miami and FSU.
09-10-2008 12:10 AM
usffan Offline
Heisman

KNIGHTTIME Wrote:

First off, I don't think that the votes on these matters are made public. The Big East is NOT a state-run entity and thus is not subject to things like Sunshine laws.

However, IF (and notice I'm speaking in hypotheticals here) the Big East were going to expand and IF UCF were a candidate and IF USF was in fact opposed to the selection of UCF, there are ways for USF to give the impression of campaigning for UCF (even going so far as to vote for them in expansion) while quietly scuttling such an effort. If they had the buy in from their conference brethren, they could bring the issue to a vote, cast a vote "yes" with assurances that there were enough "no" votes out there that it wouldn't pass. A quid pro quo with somebody like, say West Virginia, who could then publicly do the same thing with Marshall, might be an example.

So, with that said, if Lee Constantine, who seems to be the only one in the Legislature deluded enough to try to abuse his power so that it helps the athletic programs at his alma mater, wants to stop getting DUI's long enough to force the issue, I suspect that it will be an exercise in futility.

Then again, maybe all UCF needs is for firmbizzle to write a few more letters on their behalf to the Orlando Chamber of Commerce. That should secure UCF with a BCS bid for sure!

USFFan
09-10-2008 12:33 AM
stpnum4 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Awesome....these 2 school really hate each other. Good stuff.
09-10-2008 12:36 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
UCFKnightfan08 Wrote:why does this always come up? If we can't win OOC games then we're never going to leave c-usa. If we can start to win some of these big games and a bcs conference thinks we could make them better then we'll get added - end of story.
HOLY SH!T!!! A UCF fan who actually sees the big picture? 04-jawdrop

Imagine that.
09-10-2008 06:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Cubanbull Wrote:First off USF will NOT have the final say on who gets in or not, but certaintly is in the BE best interest for the league to allow USF the time to establish itself.

Secondly IF the league decides taht adding UCF would hurt USF and thus not help the league then there is nothing the state legislature can do.

Im so sick of hearing the state will make USF play UCF, the state will force USF to vote for UCF admission to BE. Get over it win some damn games and IF UCF is the best addition theyll get in. If you dont win then youll be left out again.

I have to be with you on that one cuban.. I don't want the state involved.. though it wouldn't suprise me.. IE see Va tech/Va in the BE to the acc move.. or the forced FSU/UF matchup.. politicians do get involved.
09-10-2008 07:33 AM
SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
UCFKnightfan08 Wrote:why does this always come up? If we can't win OOC games then we're never going to leave c-usa. If we can start to win some of these big games and a bcs conference thinks we could make them better then we'll get added - end of story.

All Hail UCFKnightfan08!

04-rock04-bow
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008 07:59 AM by SoCalPanther.)
09-10-2008 07:59 AM
gdayre Offline
All American

I Root For:
Someone must forgot, that USF could also abstante from the vote also. They could campaign against the expansion, and still not vote either. Not a dam thing the state of florida could do. There is a huge different between UCF vs VT, VT won a national championship and UCF none. Big Difference in this situation too.
09-10-2008 08:07 AM
usffan Offline
Heisman

gdayre Wrote:There is a huge different between UCF vs VT, VT won a national championship and UCF none. Big Difference in this situation too.

Not to quibble, but was I sleeping when Virginia Tech won a national championship? Or were you talking about some sport other than football.

USFFan
09-10-2008 11:22 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I've said all along, I imagine, Rutgers, UConn, WVU, Louisville, etc don't want to give UCF BCS status anymore than USF does because they all heavily recruit FL & it factors big for their program, & they have a clear advantage over them currently. Add them would just split the pie & water all those teams down. That's probably in the back of Schiano's mind as well as much as he recruits FL.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008 12:15 PM by StillJonesing.)
09-10-2008 12:13 PM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
StillJonesing Wrote:I've said all along, I imagine, Rutgers, UConn, WVU, Louisville, etc don't want to give UCF BCS status anymore than USF does because they all heavily recruit FL & it factors big for their program, & they have a clear advantage over them currently. Add them would just split the pie & water all those teams down. That's probably in the back of Schiano's mind as well as much as he recruits FL.
Based on Gilyard's performance vs. OU, maybe UC should recruit FLA more.
09-10-2008 12:26 PM
UltimateCFBfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: R! U! RAH! RAH!
StillJonesing Wrote:I've said all along, I imagine, Rutgers, UConn, WVU, Louisville, etc don't want to give UCF BCS status anymore than USF does because they all heavily recruit FL & it factors big for their program, & they have a clear advantage over them currently. Add them would just split the pie & water all those teams down. That's probably in the back of Schiano's mind as well as much as he recruits FL.

Actually RU is not recruiting Florida as heavily as we used to. Back then all the quality instate players would go out of state. So schiano would go down to florida since there is a lot of talent that the top Florida schools wouldnt offer. Now however we are getting all the players from NJ NY PA are and we aren't recruiting florida as much. We had only two recruits from fl in last years class
09-10-2008 03:26 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I bet he still doesn't want that option & to get the 5 or so to supplement it.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2008 03:43 PM by StillJonesing.)
09-10-2008 03:42 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Let me add something to this thread.

1) The state government has every right to get involved and it does effect the economy of "FLORIDA" and it is a "STATE" school. We are the #6 largest school in the country, Tier 3, etc. We will be in a BCS conference soon, it just matters which one. Our athletic budget jumped from $8 million in 1998 to $35+ Million in 2008. What will it be in another 5 years? $80 million?

2) Recruiting Florida is a non-issue. Any conference would like more exposure down in Florida. UCF only helps that with our 50K enrollment and 4 ESPN games in 2008, plus CBS sports TV, plus CSS.

3) UCF has averaged mid 40K in attendance again. That puts us in the top half of the Big East attendance.
09-10-2008 04:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.