Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Cuse surging/ BE AD meeting/other notes
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
Cuse surging/ BE AD meeting/other notes
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2010 01:41 PM by TIGER-PAUL.)
10-12-2010 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Cuse surging/ BE AD meeting/other notes
Syracuse's success helps The BEast perception a good bit in the light of Pitt's futility on the big stage...
10-12-2010 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(10-12-2010 01:39 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/f...eAKSQ3d34L

Yesterday you posted that SU is getting votes in the Harris Poll. Today you list an article about the Cuse surging. Admit it TigerPaul, You are a closet Cuse fan. 03-lmfao

04-cheers
10-12-2010 02:34 PM
Advertisement

frogman Offline
1st String

It's good to see the NY Post talk about SYR but I think it has more to do with Marrone being from then Bronx ( and a Yankee fan) than SYR being in central NY state. But it's all good.

I'd hardly call one conference win a "surge." But when you've been down as long as we've been -- I understand.

Early in the season but we certainly need to look good against Pitt. If SYR gets stomped, the USF game, coached by a new coach, may just look like a fluke Of course I hope SYR FB is on the right path but we only got one big win over a down team in a down conference. We have to beat Pitt (and then we'll talk about WVU.) But we have to beat Pitt at the dome.

If Marrone can become a star in the Bronx and SYR makes it to the Yankee Bowl and wins- We can launch that BE Cable network in NYC. But first we have to beat Pitt.

On the other news- please no TCU invite- no Nova move to DIV1 (I like Temple for Philly).
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2010 10:23 AM by frogman.)
10-13-2010 10:12 AM
LoyaltyToSu Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Su
I like Villanova's addition rather the woeful Temple owls.
10-13-2010 05:34 PM
Advertisement

General Mike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(10-12-2010 02:26 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Syracuse's success helps The BEast perception a good bit in the light of Pitt's futility on the big stage...

What about when they bring 3000 fans to whatever bowl they go to? Will that help the BEast's perception?
10-13-2010 07:23 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(10-13-2010 07:23 PM)General Mike Wrote:  
(10-12-2010 02:26 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Syracuse's success helps The BEast perception a good bit in the light of Pitt's futility on the big stage...

What about when they bring 3000 fans to whatever bowl they go to? Will that help the BEast's perception?

Actually Syracuse travels well. Not WV or Louisville well, but we have brought in the past brought almost 15,000 folks to the Gator Bowl and the 2 bcs bowls that we went to. There were at least 3000 SU fans at the Akron game down in Akron which was just a regular game. Maybe one day, when Rutgers gets to play in the Gator or a bcs bowl, in the distant future, we will know how good they really travel. Then you can maybe, legitimately talk bowl travel smack to Cuse fans.
10-13-2010 07:32 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(10-13-2010 07:32 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(10-13-2010 07:23 PM)General Mike Wrote:  

Actually Syracuse travels well. Not WV or Louisville well, but we have brought in the past brought almost 15,000 folks to the Gator Bowl and the 2 bcs bowls that we went to. There were at least 3000 SU fans at the Akron game down in Akron which was just a regular game. Maybe one day, when Rutgers gets to play in the Gator or a bcs bowl, in the distant future, we will know how good they really travel. Then you can maybe, legitimately talk bowl travel smack to Cuse fans. Gonna be 2 in a row, real soon. 05-mafia
10-13-2010 07:33 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
The way Syracuse helps The BEast perception doesn't have anything to do with how many people travel to Orange bowl games, away games, or even home games. What it has to do with is Syracuse has a long history of being an eastern football power. They have a new coach, from New York, and look like they just might be turning the corner on the rebuilding job much earlier than expected. You'd better believe the New York media takes notice when the Orange play well,, and that publicity beats attendance hands down...
10-13-2010 07:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I'm thrilled with cuse and their progress this year! It only helps all of us really....especially with Pitt and UC not living up to expectations (in the non conference slate anyway).
10-13-2010 07:45 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(10-13-2010 07:44 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  The way Syracuse helps The BEast perception doesn't have anything to do with how many people travel to Orange bowl games, away games, or even home games. What it has to do with is Syracuse has a long history of being an eastern football power. .

Yes, Syracuse, because of their football legacy and even moreso because of their high-profile basketball program, is a "brand name" in college athletics. If they are good, it raises the Big East's profile in a way that, say, USF doesn't.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2010 09:41 PM by quo vadis.)
10-13-2010 09:40 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.