Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Did not see that one coming"
Cromie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU, ETSU
"Did not see that one coming"
There is a very good chance than many of the BE fan on here will be saying this when the BE expands.

Lots of smokescreen out their and Expect the unexpected

thats all im saying for now.
11-20-2010 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
RE: "Did not see that one coming"
Let me guess... we gain a western wing with Boise St, BYU, TCU, Houston... Put Loiusville and Cincy in the western division... I'm just guessing.
11-20-2010 08:35 PM
Metacog Drivel Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
Soooo why don't you just tell us?
11-20-2010 08:38 PM
KnightTower Offline
All American

(11-20-2010 08:38 PM)Metacog Drivel Wrote:  Soooo why don't you just tell us?

Being vague gives you wiggleroom to claim that any outcome is what you originally claimed would happen.
11-20-2010 08:41 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
what KnightTower said.
11-20-2010 08:44 PM
Cromie Offline
2nd String

Because I cant not at this time, but the speculation before about BE expansion has a good chance of being nothing but a smokescreen.

68%-74% chance smokescreen
11-20-2010 08:44 PM
Advertisement

Cromie Offline
2nd String

(11-20-2010 08:41 PM)KnightTower Wrote:  

Being vague gives you wiggleroom to claim that any outcome is what you originally claimed would happen.

No no wiggle room. I have to be vague hoping some will understand and if not well .. at least i tried. cant just come out to say because of confidences.
11-20-2010 08:47 PM
Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
Teaser posts are cruel. Just spill the beans and save us suffering masses.

I would think that the big surprise would be to have Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Mizzu join for all sports.

That would make the BEN 20-team model look really, really good. It wold also give you a championship game in football.

OR the BE 8 football schools could join 8 of the ACC schools for the first "Super Conference".

If the additions are ECU, Temple, Villanova, UCF, TCU or Houston I would not be surprised at all.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2010 08:51 PM by Ned Low.)
11-20-2010 08:49 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
Really the only surprises I could see are; western expansion or a raid of the ACC/PSU coming to the Big East. A split could also potentially be a surprise.
11-20-2010 08:54 PM
Cromie Offline
2nd String

(11-20-2010 08:49 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  Teaser posts are cruel. Just spill the beans and save us suffering masses.

I would think that the big surprise would be to have Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Mizzu join for all sports.

That would make the BEN 20-team model look really, really good. It wold also give you a championship game in football.

OR the BE 8 football schools could join 8 of the ACC schools for the first "Super Conference".

If the additions are ECU, Temple, Villanova, UCF, TCU or Houston I would not be surprised at all.

BE looking to add team not joining any other conference

K and Kst not going to happen

and TCU can just be a smokescreen thats all im going to say BE will be ok

again 68%-74%
11-20-2010 08:55 PM
knightalum74 Offline
1st String

Hawaii to the Big East - Football Only though 05-stirthepot
11-20-2010 08:58 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
If there's anything to this then my guess would be BYU to the Big East. Notre Dame heavily praised BYU for going independent and even scheduled them I believe. Notre Dame wants someone with strong academics and a similar profile then them. BYU and TCU to the Big East perhaps? I'm guessing people are thinking that Notre Dame might get some kind of Texas-style deal like it was rumored to be on the Killerfrogs board. The expansion plan speculated by some "insiders" on that board had Notre Dame joining the Big East in a Texas-style scenerio meaning that the Big East would add Notre Dame and TCU. I'll believe that when I see that, though it would be a major coup for the conference for obvious reasons. I don't think Notre Dame would be a full member, maybe a member in name, but who knows. I'm not buying it until I see more proof. I'm hoping like crazy it's true but I'm taking a wait and see approach to this.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2010 09:08 PM by CatsClaw.)
11-20-2010 09:02 PM
Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: WVU; Marshall
(11-20-2010 08:58 PM)knightalum74 Wrote:  Hawaii to the Big East - Football Only though 05-stirthepot

Hawaii, BYU, Army and Navy all joining
11-20-2010 09:12 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I'd also like to add that if this scenerio is true another insider, a Cincinnati insider, mentioned this scenerio as far back as May or June saying that it would come to fruition at this point. He mentioned Notre Dame and adding other schools. Notre Dame wouldn't be a full member I believe, they would be a partial member meaning they would still be considered independent. Again I don't have any inside info but this would make sense. Having Notre Dame in a partial way would help the Big East television deal immensely (especially with TCU also in the fold). It would also explain why Delaney particularly mentioned that Notre Dame would be in the Big East for years to come.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2010 09:15 PM by CatsClaw.)
11-20-2010 09:13 PM
krux Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville
At least give us a time table. And is this a good surprise or a bad one? Good I would consider an AQ or TCU BYU BSU type add and bad would be like Marshall USM type add.
11-20-2010 09:21 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
I'd guess that ND being a partial member would benefit both sides a little. With more and more conferences going to a 9 game schedule it'll be harder for ND to find games in late October/November. But will they be willing to go to schedule away games or would they be neutral site games.
11-20-2010 09:24 PM
Advertisement

krux Offline
Banned

We are going 14 for football. BYU and Boise football only, TCU ND PSU and Texas A&M all sports. 03-wink
11-20-2010 09:26 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2010 09:24 PM)animus Wrote:  I'd guess that ND being a partial member would benefit both sides a little. With more and more conferences going to a 9 game schedule it'll be harder for ND to find games in late October/November. But will they be willing to go to schedule away games or would they be neutral site games.

If this is true Notre Dame will have more neutral site games I would imagine, but I wouldn't be surprised if they scheduled several road games in the Big East, that way the Big East could sell those games to TV execs since we would control them. If any of these things are true things should be really interesting. Notre Dame's ultimate plan is to make the Big East so attractive that no one will want to leave it. Hence Tagliabue coming, Marinatto becoming more vocal, the Big East Network development being kicked into gear, Swarbick's comments about improving the conference, etc. These should be exciting times in the Big East. If this is true we will finally start acting like an elite conference again.
11-20-2010 09:30 PM
krux Offline
Banned

If notre dame joined even partially I would think alot more AQ schools may consider jumping to the big east. With the network and ND it could be a VERY attractive league.

On the very very VERY VERY UBER-unlikely side of things. Wasn't there some talk of ND and Texas working together? Maybe both could join as partial members and play half schedules and essentially be "one member".
11-20-2010 09:37 PM
juveeer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
(11-20-2010 08:31 PM)Cromie Wrote:  There is a very good chance than many of the BE fan on here will be saying this when the BE expands.

Lots of smokescreen out their and Expect the unexpected

thats all im saying for now.

I have been hearing the same thing. AND, I hope what I am hearing comes true.
11-20-2010 09:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.