Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coogfans thread saying that they have secured naming rights and BE invite coming May
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
Coogfans thread saying that they have secured naming rights and BE invite coming May
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=215&f=2804&t=7379233&p=1

According to this thread, UH has locked up stadium naming rights and secured a spot with Villanova to the Big East. They say the stadium deal will be announced on Monday and the BE invite will come before May 1st.

I guess we will have to wait until Monday to see if the rumors are indeed true.
03-30-2011 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UHCougar07 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
RE: Coogfans thread saying that they have secured naming rights and BE invite coming May
(03-30-2011 08:50 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=215&f=2804&t=7379233&p=1

According to this thread, UH has locked up stadium naming rights and secured a spot with Villanova to the Big East. They say the stadium deal will be announced on Monday and the BE invite will come before May 1st.

I guess we will have to wait until Monday to see if the rumors are indeed true.

Some think the naming rights and therefore funding is in place for the stadium. BE before May 1st IF Nova says NO. I hope everything goes well for UH, but we have seen Memphis get excited before and they haven't been invited.
03-30-2011 08:57 PM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

RE: Coogfans thread saying that they have secured naming rights and BE invite coming May
Yes, I am not popping the cork yet about the stadium announcement Monday, but I am cautiously optimistic. I held back posting anything on this board because I know its history with Monday announcements. lol
I will say that the OP has produced some reliable inside scoop in the past.
03-30-2011 09:06 PM
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

I Root For: USF
As much as I would love to believe this....Nova declines, UH is offered, stop at 10/18. I still have a hard time believing Nova will turn down the offer.

Even in the thread, Houston fans bring this up, yet no one responds to that issue. The OP just says, Nova declines (as expected) well that was true back in December but right now, very few are saying they expect Nova to decline.
03-30-2011 09:29 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
Color me skeptical. I'll believe it when I see it.
03-30-2011 09:30 PM
whitey Offline
1st String

I Root For: a playoff
I like to know how Memphis, UCF, & now Houston fans hear stuff. Even TCU fans knew something a few hours before it happened but M,CF& H knows it weeks in advance. Y'all are lucky.
03-30-2011 09:52 PM
Advertisement

The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

If you back up and just look at the original post, basically all he is saying is that UH has secured naming rights for their stadium....then he throws in, If Nova declines then by May 1st UH will be BE 10th member.

Ok, well you just told me nothing I care about.....you secured naming rights for some stadium...yeah whatever.....good for you.

On the BE invitation part.....think about what we know:

Villanova BoT meets in April and will announce BE football intentions on 4/12.
Villanova BoT is made up of over 40+ members.
The last time Nova BoT met was at a meeting in last week of February.
The last time the Nova BoT voted on this issue (in December) the vote came out close to 50/50 from what Nova insiders have said.

What that tells me, I think, is nobody at Nova really knows what the outcome will be on 4/12. Has Father What-ever really polled 40+ people ahead of time to know what their vote will be? I doubt it.

So if Nova doesn't know the outcome of the vote, then neither does the BE. Which means they have to create contingencies for both outcomes. So could UH be the next in line if Nova says no....maybe....and maybe the BE presidents voted on that already. Possibly at the BE tourney.....and could that have made that known to UH and it leaked out. Possibly.

But it still doesn't change the fact that nobody really knows what Nova is going to say or do. And unless 10 isn't the goal, that means everything still hinges on Nova, as crazy as that sounds.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2011 09:53 PM by The Brown Bull.)
03-30-2011 09:52 PM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

(03-30-2011 09:29 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  As much as I would love to believe this....Nova declines, UH is offered, stop at 10/18. I still have a hard time believing Nova will turn down the offer.

Even in the thread, Houston fans bring this up, yet no one responds to that issue. The OP just says, Nova declines (as expected) well that was true back in December but right now, very few are saying they expect Nova to decline.

I listened to the interview podcast by Louisville radio guys, and th VUsports reporter even said he had his doubts. Even with all his contacts and sources he put the vote on April 12th at 50/50.

He didnt believe that VU had a plan for the year to year financing, even if they came up with the initial costs.
He didnt believe VU had a plan on where they would play, and if they would expand whichever stadium they played in.
He seemed fairly certain VU would not set foot in the Eagles Pro Stadium anytime before 2018, amd mayne not ever after that.
Anybody who listened to that would not walk away confident of an upgrade.
03-30-2011 09:54 PM
whitey Offline
1st String

(03-30-2011 09:52 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  If you back up and just look at the original post, basically all he is saying is that UH has secured naming rights for their stadium....then he throws in, If Nova declines then by May 1st UH will be BE 10th member.

Ok, well you just told me nothing I care about.....you secured naming rights for some stadium...yeah whatever.....good for you.

The last time the Nova BoT voted on this issue the vote came out close to 50/50 from what Nova insiders have said.

What that tells me, I think, is nobody at Nova really knows what the outcome will be on 4/12. Has Father What-ever really polled 40+ people ahead of time to know what their vote will be? I doubt it.

So if Nova doesn't know the outcome of the vote, then neither does the BE. Which means they have to create contingencies for both outcomes. So could UH be the next in line if Nova says no....maybe....and maybe the BE presidents voted on that already. Possibly at the BE tourney.....and could that have made that known to UH and it leaked out. Possibly.

But it still doesn't change the fact that nobody really knows what Nova is going to say or do. And unless 10 isn't the goal, that means everything still hinges on Nova, as crazy as that sounds.

Have you notice no rumors have come from ECU, weird isn't it.
03-30-2011 09:54 PM
UHCougar07 Offline
2nd String

(03-30-2011 09:52 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  If you back up and just look at the original post, basically all he is saying is that UH has secured naming rights for their stadium....then he throws in, If Nova declines then by May 1st UH will be BE 10th member.

The last time the Nova BoT voted on this issue (in December) the vote came out close to 50/50 from what Nova insiders have said.

Good points. I think you are pretty much spot on.
03-30-2011 09:57 PM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
I like the comment/idea one of the Coogs had......tailgate for a press conference LOL! Thats a new one, but genious!
03-30-2011 10:09 PM
Advertisement

whitey Offline
1st String

(03-30-2011 10:09 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  I like the comment/idea one of the Coogs had......tailgate for a press conference LOL! Thats a new one, but genious!

I don't know if ingenious but ECU will tailgate to an ECU tiddly wink championship if we had one04-cheers
03-30-2011 10:22 PM
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

(03-30-2011 09:54 PM)Borncoog74 Wrote:  
(03-30-2011 09:29 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  As much as I would love to believe this....Nova declines, UH is offered, stop at 10/18. I still have a hard time believing Nova will turn down the offer.

I listened to the interview podcast by Louisville radio guys, and th VUsports reporter even said he had his doubts. Even with all his contacts and sources he put the vote on April 12th at 50/50.

He didnt believe that VU had a plan for the year to year financing, even if they came up with the initial costs.
He didnt believe VU had a plan on where they would play, and if they would expand whichever stadium they played in.
He seemed fairly certain VU would not set foot in the Eagles Pro Stadium anytime before 2018, amd mayne not ever after that.

I listened to that podcast also and he said 51-49 which sounded like the several other "posturing" comments I hear coming out of Villanova. I have heard "Done Deal" several times. I have heard 99% many times. I also hear 50-50 or 55-45 for a lot also. I have heard that the initial $35 million in donations needed is there/done. At worst, you will hear 50/50 from any Villanova people.

The VU Sports guy was asked to give a prediction and he gave a Politically correct CYA answer. I think it was a smart answer, otherwise, you will have every media outlet calling you asking why you predicted 60-40 or done deal. The 51 part basically tells you he also thinks it will happen.

BTW, PPL is where they would play for the immediate future. That has been clear in all of the surveys. The Linc won't be an option. The fact that he even mentioned the Linc shows he doesn't know much. They don't have a long term plan.....they probably hope the Union will expand to 25,000 seating.

If I had my choice of UH/ECU over Nova I would take it, but it still doesn't mean that Nova won't move up just because I don't want them to.
03-30-2011 10:22 PM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

(03-30-2011 09:54 PM)whitey Wrote:  

The last time the Nova BoT voted on this issue the vote came out close to 50/50 from what Nova insiders have said.

Have you notice no rumors have come from ECU, weird isn't it.

No rumors have come out of UH before. This is the first thing, and it has NOTHING to do with BE. All the OP says on Coogfans is that UH will be announcing the naming rights to the new stadium which we know means that enough funds have been secured to break ground on the new stadium. That this will be announced Monday.
Everything else in that thread about BE is speculation due to the Stadium stuff.
03-31-2011 01:18 AM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

(03-30-2011 10:22 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  
(03-30-2011 09:54 PM)Borncoog74 Wrote:  

I listened to that podcast also and he said 51-49 which sounded like the several other "posturing" comments I hear coming out of Villanova. I have heard "Done Deal" several times. I have heard 99% many times. I also hear 50-50 or 55-45 for a lot also. I have heard that the initial $35 million in donations needed is there/done. At worst, you will hear 50/50 from any Villanova people.

The VU Sports guy was asked to give a prediction and he gave a Politically correct CYA answer. I think it was a smart answer, otherwise, you will have every media outlet calling you asking why you predicted 60-40 or done deal. The 51 part basically tells you he also thinks it will happen.

BTW, PPL is where they would play for the immediate future. That has been clear in all of the surveys. The Linc won't be an option. The fact that he even mentioned the Linc shows he doesn't know much. They don't have a long term plan.....they probably hope the Union will expand to 25,000 seating.

If I had my choice of UH/ECU over Nova I would take it, but it still doesn't mean that Nova won't move up just because I don't want them to.

He didn't bring up the Linc. The Louisville guys asked him about it, and he answered their question.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2011 01:22 AM by Borncoog74.)
03-31-2011 01:21 AM
Steelbeard Offline
OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN

I Root For: ECU
HEY GUYS, HOUSTON TO THE BIG EAST, I HEARD IT FROM SOME GUY IN SOME PLACE.
[Image: RPd3y.png]

Before this expansion is over, I think I'm going to have to bring back the Memphis Googly-eyed tiger and create a UCF Googly-eyed knight.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2011 07:41 AM by Steelbeard.)
03-31-2011 07:40 AM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
I have heard rumors about ECU whiter, so there is nothing mysterious about it. And I see people comparing this to the Memphis situation but there are absolutely no comparisons whatsoever. Two completely different situations.
03-31-2011 07:44 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
You're wrong Brown, the Big East knows exactly what it's doing it just has to wait for Nova to make their move. Its amazing that people keep ignoring the fact that the Marinatto said that the Big East will not wait for Nova. That means that the deadline set for April is the end date. If Nova says yes than expansion moves on with them. If they say know they expand without them. There's a lot of posturing going on for various reasons. But it is Luke I always said, real between the lines when reading media articles and don't believe everything that you read.
03-31-2011 07:51 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-30-2011 09:52 PM)whitey Wrote:  I like to know how Memphis, UCF, & now Houston fans hear stuff. Even TCU fans knew something a few hours before it happened but M,CF& H knows it weeks in advance. Y'all are lucky.

They have Horton ears. :secret:
03-31-2011 08:11 AM
CougarMikeUH Offline
2nd String

I love how rumors on other boards travel so fast to this one...truly makes work a little more enjoyable. It wasnt even a coog fan that brought this rumor to this board.

I hope it is true and UH does in fact announce their naming rights. That is all that is being speculated about though, no one thinks a BE invite is a done deal. That is just a running joke on our board that we are always "this close" to building a new stadium.

Hopefully it does happen.

(03-31-2011 08:11 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(03-30-2011 09:52 PM)whitey Wrote:  I like to know how Memphis, UCF, & now Houston fans hear stuff. Even TCU fans knew something a few hours before it happened but M,CF& H knows it weeks in advance. Y'all are lucky.

They have Horton ears. :secret:
03-31-2011 08:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.