Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ECU's Chances of Being #10
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
I am asking everyone for their honest opinion and NOT what they think might or should happen with them ( ECU ) if the Big East comes a calling. Does ECU have a legitimate shot at becoming the #10 member of the football schools of the Big East as well as a full member??? I personally think now with the fiasco with Nova, and the Big East current presence with USF in Florida, and Houston no where near ready due to facilities and such the logical choice IMO is East Carolina. So again what do you think of their chances of becoming a member of the BE not just football only, but as a full member???
04-18-2011 12:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
RE: ECU's Chances of Being #10
At this point all that matters is value added to the next tv package. It wouldn't shock me to find that we are consulting with ESPN for input into a made for TV conference.
04-18-2011 01:21 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(04-18-2011 01:21 PM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  It wouldn't shock me to find that we are consulting with ESPN for input into a made for TV conference.
03-lmfao
04-18-2011 01:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I am asking everyone for their honest opinion and NOT what they think might or should happen with them ( ECU ) if the Big East comes a calling. Does ECU have a legitimate shot at becoming the #10 member of the football schools of the Big East as well as a full member??? I personally think now with the fiasco with Nova, and the Big East current presence with USF in Florida, and Houston no where near ready due to facilities and such the logical choice IMO is East Carolina. So again what do you think of their chances of becoming a member of the BE not just football only, but as a full member???
04-18-2011 09:31 PM
UCFKnight10 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(04-18-2011 09:31 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  I am asking everyone for their honest opinion and NOT what they think might or should happen with them
What are you asking then?
04-18-2011 09:38 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
15%
04-18-2011 09:39 PM
Advertisement

jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(04-18-2011 09:31 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  I am asking everyone for their honest opinion and NOT what they think might or should happen with them ( ECU ) if the Big East comes a calling. Does ECU have a legitimate shot at becoming the #10 member of the football schools of the Big East as well as a full member??? I personally think now with the fiasco with Nova, and the Big East current presence with USF in Florida, and Houston no where near ready due to facilities and such the logical choice IMO is East Carolina. So again what do you think of their chances of becoming a member of the BE not just football only, but as a full member???

I don't know what will happen and who knows what the BE offices are thinking, but it would be stupid to pass on ECU in hopes of gaining a TV market that doesn't exist. ECU has a stadium in place and fans to go along with it. ECU and UCF deserve a BCS conference. The rest mentioned have a lot of work to do and right now all we hear are promises.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011 09:43 PM by jml2010.)
04-18-2011 09:41 PM
Purple n Gold Offline
No Quarter!

I Root For: East Carolina
IMO I say 25% we get in the BE
I think we will get passed over again
04-18-2011 09:45 PM
saxamoophone Offline
Special Teams

17%. I don't think that's fair, but I just haven't seen any smoke over there.
04-18-2011 09:50 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(04-18-2011 09:38 PM)UCFKnight10 Wrote:  
(04-18-2011 09:31 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  I am asking everyone for their honest opinion and NOT what they think might or should happen with them

Well UCF I want you to keep those attractive sigs of yours coming, but really the Big East already has a presence in Florida with USF, and the fiasco with Nova just proves that they are not serious in moving up IMO. Also not to mention Houston who is still gathering funds to renovate their existing stadiums, and to me it just looks more attractive to bring in ECU who can IMO make the jump and compete right out of the gate with a new market moderate size it may be, but filling their house each and every week with 50K plus is amazing especially when we are talking about CUSA competition. Also I like UCF, but at this time I would go with ECU for they are the safe pick that just makes since in so many ways.
04-18-2011 09:53 PM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(04-18-2011 09:53 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  

Well UCF I want you to keep those attractive sigs of yours coming, but really the Big East already has a presence in Florida with USF, and the fiasco with Nova just proves that they are not serious in moving up IMO. Also not to mention Houston who is still gathering funds to renovate their existing stadiums, and to me it just looks more attractive to bring in ECU who can IMO make the jump and compete right out of the gate with a new market moderate size it may be, but filling their house each and every week with 50K plus is amazing especially when we are talking about CUSA competition. Also I like UCF, but at this time I would go with ECU for they are the safe pick that just makes since in so many ways.

Completely agree but UCF has done some good things that can't be ignored. At least they have been proactive instead of reactive during this whole re-alignment mess. However, if the BE stops at 10, ECU is the best candidate.
04-18-2011 09:58 PM
Advertisement

Yragha Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Houston Cougars
Zilch.
04-18-2011 10:05 PM
UCFKnight10 Offline
Special Teams

Um...okay. Your question still doesn't make sense though. Your opinion is what you think will happen.
04-18-2011 10:07 PM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
15% chance if the BE goes to 12 with Nova.
80% chance if the BE goes to 12 without Nova
04-18-2011 10:10 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
I think the only way ECU would make it in as the 10th team would be if the Big East wanted a football only school.....Otherwise I say we are on the outside looking in again. In reality I think ECU's only chance of making it in is if Nova is a no go and the Big East goes to 12.
04-18-2011 10:11 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Only chance we have of being 10 is if they football schools really want a 10th member but can't get the bball schools to sign off on a full member and it has to be fb only. I don't really see this happening so a very slim chance.
04-18-2011 10:11 PM
Advertisement

piratefan1975 Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
04-18-2011 10:14 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(04-18-2011 10:07 PM)UCFKnight10 Wrote:  

Um...okay. Your question still doesn't make sense though. Your opinion is what you think will happen.

Ok this is what I am asking with all that we know with Nova screwing up last week, Houston still gathering funds for renovations, and the Big East current presence in Florida... Does ECU look like a better option to the Big East when looking at ALL the potential candidates at face value??? Yes I know everyone has an argument for this team and that team, but I have always been a supporter of UCF, Houston and ECU to the Big East, but realistically with every thing we know does ECU have a better chance NOW at possibly becoming the 10th member of the BE???
04-18-2011 10:21 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(04-18-2011 10:11 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Only chance we have of being 10 is if they football schools really want a 10th member but can't get the bball schools to sign off on a full member and it has to be fb only. I don't really see this happening so a very slim chance.

Supposedly the Big East has already signed off on expanding to 10 teams with or without Nova, and if I am not mistaken it would be as a full member no football only membership.
04-18-2011 10:26 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(04-18-2011 10:26 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  
(04-18-2011 10:11 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Only chance we have of being 10 is if they football schools really want a 10th member but can't get the bball schools to sign off on a full member and it has to be fb only. I don't really see this happening so a very slim chance.

Supposedly the Big East has already signed off on expanding to 10 teams with or without Nova, and if I am not mistaken it would be as a full member no football only membership.

Well I think that answers your question.....I do not see a chance in hell that the basketball only schools would approve of ECU for all sports.
04-18-2011 10:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.