Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Pitt & Cincinnati to play
Pittusmc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

for a trophy. To start a new rivalry. The two teams will play for a annual trophy designed to resemble an Ohio River paddlewheel boat. IMO its a good idea. Pitt will also bring back the old uniforms with script Pitt for the sept 24th game.

<a href='http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/12342402.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader...er/12342402.htm</a>
08-10-2005 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Bearcat Backer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

This is a great idea.
08-10-2005 07:54 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Good idea for both schools....UL/WVU already have there own trophy

Jackson
08-10-2005 08:24 AM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators

This will be the third "Trophy game" for UC:

Pitt - Paddlewheel
UL - Keg of Nails
Miami - Victory Bell
08-10-2005 08:26 AM
Advertisement

dlb1946 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Schedule the Pitt/Cincy game to coinside with the Steelers/Bengals game each year. You will get a football weekend that will sellout both game. Since the Bengals and Steelers play twice it could happen if the Big East/ Cincy/Pitt approach the NFL and ask. It would be a great game for the two convension bureau and chamber to get involvedwith. What a football weekend for both schools. One year in Pittsburgh and the next in Cincy. Both games could be played at Paul Brown and Heinz field.

There could be a chance this could happen with WVU and the Steelers. Since WVU fans are for the most part Steeler fans.
08-10-2005 09:01 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

I was in a meeting and it was brought up but I have not heard anymore. I think that would be great for both cities. Can you imagine if we could time it in Cincy for Octoberfest like we did for OSU a couple years ago. Tha was the most awesome weekend ever in Cincy. How about Reds/Pirates, Bengals/ Steelers, Bearcats/
Panthers all the same weekend....I know it would be impossible BUT.....
08-10-2005 09:50 AM
Pittusmc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Bearcat...that would be cool...the battle of the two cities in all sports.
08-10-2005 10:20 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.