Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
To all Big East Schools...You should know
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

Just so you all know.....the media in Cincy does nothing more than stab UC and vainly attempt to create a false reality that UC basketball is nothing but thuggery that graduates nobody (which is completly not true) and that UC football isn't worth talking about.

Perception is reality and UC's biggest foes are not those of other schools but the very media in Cincy and also their own administration.

If you ever wonder why UC fan's on here are quick to battle and argue, it's because that's what we have to do daily in OUR OWN TOWN because of the idiots who run the media and the school.

Then you have corrupt O$U just north of us and despite all their problems with players on pot, stealing, getting paid, etc. etc. etc.....they can do NO WRONG....NOT just in the Columbus media but in Cincy's as well.

It's all a bunch of crap.

And then there is Huggins, who despite all this, has recruited and won and set UC up as THE premier basketball program in Ohio and what does he get? Our own admin. is trying to screw him. And who is there to take the reigns as UC falls by the wayside.....O$U.

It's more than I can take sometimes.

I'm not done yet.....

You have idiot Tom Izzo saying that O$U has no competition for recruiting in the state ah...HELLO....Excpet for 2007, UC has had a better recruiting class than OSU EVERY YEAR Huggs has been there. Izzo then goes on to say that Mich-Mich St. and Purdue-Indiana are different scenarios bc they recurit the same kid and it's always a war...etc. and concludes by saying that OSU doesn't have any competition bc "UC recruits a different type of kid"......This is Big 10 blind snobbish reasoning that is BULLCRAP!! Bob Huggins has had several.....SEVERAL top 10 classes and many top 20 in his 16 years at UC.....OSU has not.

We are talking about UC....one of the elite basketball programs of all time...playing in THE best basketball conf. of all time and here is Tom Izzo basically snubbing UC! Please.
07-11-2005 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

njndirish Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Notre Dame

What cinci needs is a BCS bowl appearence, sure state recruits and midwest recruits are fine, but if cinci could reach florida, texas, Ok, and Ca, it would become the new miami
07-11-2005 05:47 PM
MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND

Until last year we had the same problems in Louisville with UK being the golden children. I feel your pain.
07-11-2005 05:50 PM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Preception = reality? 04-cheers
07-11-2005 06:59 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

njndirish Wrote:What cinci needs is a BCS bowl appearence, sure state recruits and midwest recruits are fine, but if cinci could reach florida, texas, Ok, and Ca, it would become the new miami
BCS would be great and would go along way toward lowering general apathy in Cincy toward UC football which has been more sucessfull than Bungles over the last five years......IF the retards in the media would spin things right.

But the annoying thing is for UC Basketball to get so totally snubbed by Mich.St????????????????? Piss on Izzo he can thank Kenyon Martin for breaking his leg and giving him the GiIFT of the National Championship that year. For him to say OSU has no competition in state in basketball recruiting when Huggins has had numerous top 10 recuiting classes AND when UC has outrecruited OSU every year Huggins has been there (except for 2007) shows that he is a dumbwad.
07-11-2005 07:16 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

Successful.......sorry, in my anger I misspelled the word.....
07-11-2005 07:17 PM
Advertisement

cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

Ain't that the truth MHSCard. We lived in a town where the local paper treated us like we were the out of town school and The University down in Lexington was the local golden child even with being on probation for football and basketball multiple times. Nothing changes perception like W's. The perception was that UK sold papers. They got front page top, we got front page bottom with smaller caps. They got article out the wahzoo, we barely got articles and when we did they were mostly negative. columnist ragged us to no end. Now that we win and our fan base has solidified....the Courier loves us. Go figure

Courier Journal
:stupid:
07-11-2005 07:27 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

cardtopper Wrote:Ain't that the truth MHSCard. We lived in a town where the local paper treated us like we were the out of town school and The University down in Lexington was the local golden child even with being on probation for football and basketball multiple times. Nothing changes perception like W's. The perception was that UK sold papers. They got front page top, we got front page bottom with smaller caps. They got article out the wahzoo, we barely got articles and when we did they were mostly negative. columnist ragged us to no end. Now that we win and our fan base has solidified....the Courier loves us. Go figure

Courier Journal
:stupid:
How do you think Rutgers is perceived in Jersey? But they'll suck up to the ACC, ND, and PSU like its their job in the media. The post-2004/2005 UL is the perfect example of what will happen for Rutgers and UC should we each hit such a level of success. This is why I see UC and RU becoming a huge rivalry we have some tradition together already add in playing each other every year and all that plus our common situations and you have the makings of a rivalry.
07-11-2005 07:35 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

Brista.....I agree to what you are saying to a degree but comparing Rutgers in the shadow of the ACC isn't the same as UC Basektball to OSU....UC basketball has dominated OHIO since Huggins has been there virtually and out recruited OSU, has out perfromed them in the tourney, etc. etc. etc. and yet, Tom Izzo and local media are all up OSU about their 2007 class and how OSU SHOULD have a great class bc there is nobody in the state that can recruit with them...it's all UNFOUNDED BULLCRAP!!!!

UC has been the premier basketball program in the state for a long time now and OSU who has just landed this great recuiting class for 2007 is now talking smack about basketball and acting like they have been the crap this whole time. AND.....they never would play UC in basketball citing they have nothing to gain even though UNC, Duke, Arizona, Indiana, Wake, and plenty of other REAL basketball schools play home and home with UC....and now that UC is down and OSU is going up......they are talking about playing UC in basketball.....

PISS on them, we don't need to play a mid level Big 10 Basektball program when we play in the Big east + teams like Wake, UNC, Kansas, etc. etc. al. IT IS US who have nothing to gain by beating OSU in basketball.
07-11-2005 07:52 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Dudes, winning takes care of it! Stop crying and start winning! 04-cheers
07-11-2005 08:15 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati

Wilkie01 Wrote:Dudes, winning takes care of it! Stop crying and start winning!  04-cheers
Huggins does win.

8 CUSA titles

led UC to 14 straight NCAA Tournaments

1 final rour

3 elite 8s

Why is Zimpher pushing him out??? If it was because of the DUI, I am sure every UC fan would understand. Just don't wait a year, take care of it when it happens.
07-11-2005 08:22 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Until you win at football, you will never be considered Big Time! Football winners always receive more respect than basketball schools! 04-rock
07-11-2005 08:25 PM
Catmandu Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Uc won a bowl last year 03-wink
07-11-2005 08:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

You also got beat 70-7 and were not ranked inthe Top 25! :D
07-11-2005 09:03 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati

Wilkie01 Wrote:You also got beat 70-7 and were not ranked inthe Top 25! :D
Gino was out.
07-11-2005 09:18 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

Wilkie is right.....football schools seem to get better press and are seen in a bigger spotlight than basketball schools.......
07-11-2005 10:00 PM
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska

Wilkie01 Wrote:Until you win at football, you will never be considered Big Time! Football winners always receive more respect than basketball schools! 04-rock
I've said that about Clemson for years. Especially after they won their national championship in football! 03-wink
07-12-2005 05:26 AM
BearcatOne Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Tom Izzo's comments reveal the bias of Big Ten people toward anything not Big Ten that happens to be in a midwestern state. In other words, if you are a midwestern school but not a member of the Big Ten then you do not count. You are a nobody. That is why I dismiss Izzo as biased. That is also why I hate the Big Ten and that is why I hate Ohio State.

I am not surprised at the comments made by Izzo nor am I surprised by comments made by some in the regional media.

It has always been my position that OSU's former AD Andy Geider had as his goal to destroy UC basketball as far as it being the dominant program in Ohio. OSU cannot stomach any other school being better than the buckeyes in anything. Some UC fans ridiculed me last year when I made the comments. Now, it appears that I was right.

In other words, Andy Geiger and others were working behind the scene to do whatever possible to make OSU the dominant baskeball program in Ohio. We all know that OSU's goal has not been reached. And, it probably never will be reached as long as Huggins is the UC coach. Unfortunately, we have an OSU grad as UC president who is doing her best to force Huggins out as coach. Go figure.

Anyway, although UC remains the dominant basketball progarm in Ohio, the OSU propaganda machine is taking maximum advantage of OSU's successful 2007 recruiting class to claim that OSU is now the preeminent baskeball program in the state and always has been.

This is not just propaganda. This is OSU's well organized and high powered propaganda machine. Under these circumstances, I say that UC should refuse to play OSU just as OSU refused to play UC for 40+ years after UC beat OSU repeatedly for the national championships in 1961 and 1962.

UC needs to win against number one ranked teams. UC needs to show that it can win in the Big East just as it did in the CUSA.

Another item in OSU's propaganda equation is the last second win the buckeyes got over top ranked Illinois in last years Big Ten tournament. What if UC had beatened Illinois? Would that have made a difference? Could OSU still pull off this propaganda with such ease? I think not.

The bearcats must dispel the OSU propaganda machine by dominanting the competition and making it to the championship game and winning. Even the best oiled propaganda machine cannot argue with success.

Go Bearcats!

GO TO HELL OHIO STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07-12-2005 06:23 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

THAT'S what I'm saying.....piss on them....we don't need to play OSU in basketball......if we beat them, who cares we should and if we loose to them they will play that to the hilt for future recruits. Our Big East schedule and a few select nonconf. games against like Wake etc. will be more than good enough.
07-12-2005 07:07 AM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Wilkie01 Wrote:Until you win at football, you will never be considered Big Time! Football winners always receive more respect than basketball schools! 04-rock
I don't know about that, Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, UConn, and even Kansas have pretty big reps despite limited to no success in football.
07-12-2005 08:05 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.