Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] Louisville
x97 Offline
Banned

I Root For: no one
[split] Louisville
Wow. One Greg Swaim tweet from early this morning and now people are going nuts. This is beyond funny.
01-06-2012 04:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: Louisville
(01-06-2012 04:57 PM)x97 Wrote:  Wow. One Greg Swaim tweet from early this morning and now people are going nuts. This is beyond funny.

Dat you Commissioner Marianatto?

We believe in you sir. You are a true visionary in our times.
01-06-2012 05:02 PM
x97 Offline
Banned

(01-06-2012 05:01 PM)EERSFAN Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 04:57 PM)x97 Wrote:  Wow. One Greg Swaim tweet from early this morning and now people are going nuts. This is beyond funny.

Info is not from Swaim.

Swaim was the first one to mention it. His tweet was re-tweeted by a bunch of WVU fans and is now found on several WVU forums. Yes, it's the origin of the rumor.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 05:03 PM by x97.)
01-06-2012 05:03 PM
x97 Offline
Banned

(01-06-2012 05:02 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  

Mock if you will. I'm pointing out the fact that Swaim tweeted info early this morning about the Big 12 possibly gutting the Beast and the invites could come "soon". That tweet was re-tweeted by a bunch of WVU fans. Now this information is being spread as truth across WVU fan sites. There was nothing out there until Swaim's tweet and subsequent re-tweet by WVU fans.

Give me something from a reliable source in Oklahoma or Texas. They are the ones that make the decisions on B12 expansion....not WVU. Hell, there are not even guarantees that WVU will be in the B12 before 2014. Pretty useless information.

The thing is, I don't care one way or the other. It's that Swaim throws a bunch of sh_it against the wall to see if any of it sticks. He's had every Beast team in every conference but the AFC to this point.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 05:27 PM by x97.)
01-06-2012 05:16 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-06-2012 05:16 PM)x97 Wrote:  

Mock if you will. I'm pointing out the fact that Swaim tweeted info early this morning about the Big 12 possibly gutting the Beast and the invites could come "soon". That tweet was re-tweeted by a bunch of WVU fans. Now this information is being spread as truth across WVU fan sites. There was nothing out there until Swaim's tweet and subsequent re-tweet by WVU fans.

Give me something from a reliable source in Oklahoma or Texas. They are the ones that make the decisions on B12 expansion....not WVU. Hell, there are not even guarantees that WVU will be in the B12 before 2014. Pretty useless information.

The thing is, I don't care one way or the other. It's that Swaim throws a bunch of sh_it against the wall to see if any of it sticks. He's had every Beast team in every conference but the AFC East to this point.

Sir I mock not.

I have only admiration for your foresight and ability to decipher the winds. And just because Boren of the University of Oklahoma; Dodd of Univeristy of Texas; the B12 Commissioner; the AD at Louisville; a couple of U.S. Senators and most of the national sports media are dropping these so called hints that the B12's expansion is imminent; you sir, never believe such insane reports.

Did the B12 take TCU and WVU from you? Nay. Did the ACC take Syracuse and Pitt from you? I say nay. This unfounded fear and rumor spreading that so many in the public are always pushing; is the main reason that the other conferences are so unstable and the Big East is a rock. I for one am happy that you have ignored it all, Sir. And I say thank you, because you have shown us that there is nothing to fear except fear itself. Our Country needs more leaders like you sir.
01-06-2012 05:33 PM
x97 Offline
Banned

(01-06-2012 05:33 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  

The thing is, I don't care one way or the other. It's that Swaim throws a bunch of sh_it against the wall to see if any of it sticks. He's had every Beast team in every conference but the AFC East to this point.

And just because Boren of the University of Oklahoma; Dodd of Univeristy of Texas; the B12 Commissioner; the AD at Louisville; a couple of U.S. Senators and most of the national sports media are dropping these so called hints that the B12's expansion is imminent

Please provide such links to these "so called hints" that Big 12 expansion to 16 is "imminent" from the likes of Dodds or Boren.
01-06-2012 05:45 PM
x97 Offline
Banned

PirateMarv.....we're still waiting for a link.....
01-06-2012 07:15 PM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-06-2012 05:45 PM)x97 Wrote:  

And just because Boren of the University of Oklahoma; Dodd of Univeristy of Texas; the B12 Commissioner; the AD at Louisville; a couple of U.S. Senators and most of the national sports media are dropping these so called hints that the B12's expansion is imminent

Please provide such links to these "so called hints" that Big 12 expansion to 16 is "imminent" from the likes of Dodds or Boren.

Commissioner,

I am in your corner. I for one don't believe any of that stuff alluded to by Boren, Dodd, or the Big 12 Commissioner; that is why I didn't want to bother with you with those lies. Just remember sir, that it was you that asked me for this information. Have mercy on the Big 12; sir. Have mercy.

Oklahoma president: Big 12 set for 2012

NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma president David Boren said Monday the Big 12 Conference is settled with 10 teams through the 2012 football season, but didn't rule out the possibility that two more teams could be added in 2013.

"Definitely, I think we have the opportunity to back to 12, if we want to," Boren told The Associated Press.

Boren did not identify which other schools have expressed an interest in joining the conference.

With the departure of Missouri and Texas A&M to the Southeastern Conference and the addition of TCU and West Virginia to the Big 12, Boren said game schedules and media contracts are set for 2012 with ten teams.

Boren said he would like the league to ultimately explore the option of expanding to 12 teams.

"I don't think we have to be in any rush," he said. "It might be wise to take a little time to do that, because we want things to settle down."

A former Oklahoma governor and U.S. senator who became OU's president in 1994, two years before the Big 12 was created, Boren said he believes stability has returned to the conference, despite the departure of Nebraska and Colorado last year and Missouri and Texas A&M this year.

"Right now we're in a period of stability that ranks with any year of the history of the conference since it's been formed," Boren said. "We're financially well off. We have solid media contracts. We have a full schedule of teams to play. We have many other schools still knocking on the door if we do want to go back to 12. We're in a very good situation."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/...e-set-2012
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 07:39 PM by PirateMarv.)
01-06-2012 07:39 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-06-2012 07:15 PM)x97 Wrote:  PirateMarv.....we're still waiting for a link.....

A thousand pardons Commissioner. I know that you are irritated, but you shouldn't be sir. Trust me when I tell you this; that lousy B12 Commissioner, Chuck Neinas, couldn't carry your ample jock strap sir, even if he had 3 guys the size of Shaq to help him. Neinas is not worthy of licking the gravy off of your double chin, muchless being compared to you as a Commissioner. I knew that you where a genius back during the Summer when you met with that dastardly Neinas and that equally dastardly ACC Commissioner, John Swofford. Some others saw it as just a meeting, but I saw it as you springing your master plan.

Several weeks later when Neinas took TCU from you, I laughed at him; because he didn't know that he was playing right into your hands. Several after that when Swofford took Pitt and Syracuse; I chuckled, because while he may have thought it was a surprise attack; I knew that you were not surprised. And when Neinas came back several weeks later to get WVU; I knew right then and there that the time had come for you to implement phase one of conference domination. And then you let them have it: SMU and Whales V-a-g-i-n-a State Univeristy. Boom!!!!! There it is!!!!

Sir, I am merely a poor man that has applauded your every brilliant move. When others have said that your plan was nothing more than a rip off of the CUSA and MWC plan; I quickly chastised them for ever thinking that you were behind the curve and would ever be low enough to steal from a bunch of lowly nonAQ trash. HELL, it was your plan. Everybody knows that. And besides that you never met with the CUSA and MWC officials in New York; as they so frequently claim. Sure some of your employees met with them, but that in no way means that you gleaned the plans of that conference and stole their crazy idea of having a conference from ocean to ocean. If anything, they stole your plan, because you have always said that "everywhere is East of somewhere." Hence anyone can be in the Big East.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 08:08 PM by PirateMarv.)
01-06-2012 08:06 PM
x97 Offline
Banned

(01-06-2012 07:39 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 05:02 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  Dat you Commissioner Marianatto?

Commissioner,

I am in your corner. I for one don't believe any of that stuff alluded to by Boren, Dodd, or the Big 12 Commissioner; that is why I didn't want to bother with you with those lies. Just remember sir, that it was you that asked me for this information. Have mercy on the Big 12; sir. Have mercy.

NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma president David Boren said Monday the Big 12 Conference is settled with 10 teams through the 2012 football season, but didn't rule out the possibility that two more teams could be added in 2013.

"Definitely, I think we have the opportunity to back to 12, if we want to," Boren told The Associated Press.

Boren did not identify which other schools have expressed an interest in joining the conference.

With the departure of Missouri and Texas A&M to the Southeastern Conference and the addition of TCU and West Virginia to the Big 12, Boren said game schedules and media contracts are set for 2012 with ten teams.

Boren said he would like the league to ultimately explore the option of expanding to 12 teams.

"I don't think we have to be in any rush," he said. "It might be wise to take a little time to do that, because we want things to settle down."

A former Oklahoma governor and U.S. senator who became OU's president in 1994, two years before the Big 12 was created, Boren said he believes stability has returned to the conference, despite the departure of Nebraska and Colorado last year and Missouri and Texas A&M this year.

"Right now we're in a period of stability that ranks with any year of the history of the conference since it's been formed," Boren said. "We're financially well off. We have solid media contracts. We have a full schedule of teams to play. We have many other schools still knocking on the door if we do want to go back to 12. We're in a very good situation."

Marv, everyone knows that the Big 12 is eventually going to go to 12 and that Louisville is high on the list. Duh. They have been high on the list for a few months.

Where did it mention going to 16 and gutting the BE? I'll still wait while you weakly attempt to provide a link. That's what the WVU posters on this thread have been saying and that's what I called them out on. Clown.
01-07-2012 12:40 AM
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-07-2012 12:40 AM)x97 Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 05:16 PM)x97 Wrote:  Mock if you will. I'm pointing out the fact that Swaim tweeted info early this morning about the Big 12 possibly gutting the Beast and the invites could come "soon". That tweet was re-tweeted by a bunch of WVU fans. Now this information is being spread as truth across WVU fan sites. There was nothing out there until Swaim's tweet and subsequent re-tweet by WVU fans.

Commissioner,

Marv, everyone knows that the Big 12 is eventually going to go to 12 and that Louisville is high on the list. Duh. They have been high on the list for a few months.

Where did it mention going to 16 and gutting the BE? I'll still wait while you weakly attempt to provide a link. That's what the WVU posters on this thread have been saying and that's what I called them out on. Clown.

Commissioner,

Where did I mention that the B12 was going to 16 teams? I know that you have been busy reading those billion television contract offers that are rolling in from ABC (03-no) , CBS (03-no), NBC (03-no), ESPN (? if so then it is probably the same contract that Pitt and Syracuse had you to turn down last year), the Canadian Broadcasting Company (03-nerner) and Local Access Cable (oh hell yeah 03-woohoo); and therefore you have not had to time to read all of posts in this thread; but I never said that the B12 was going to any specificied number of new members. I just said that the Big 12 was going to expand and that many sources in the know have said as much.

Once again I am a great admirer of your work and I hope that I can see more of it in future.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 12:56 AM by PirateMarv.)
01-07-2012 12:55 AM
x97 Offline
Banned

(01-07-2012 12:55 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 05:33 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  And just because Boren of the University of Oklahoma; Dodd of Univeristy of Texas; the B12 Commissioner; the AD at Louisville; a couple of U.S. Senators and most of the national sports media are dropping these so called hints that the B12's expansion is imminent

Commissioner,

Commissioner,

Where did I mention that the B12 was going to 16 teams? I know that you have been busy reading those billion television contract offers that are rolling in from ABC (03-no) , CBS (03-no), NBC (03-no), ESPN (? if so then it is probably the same contract that Pitt and Syracuse had you to turn down last year), the Canadian Broadcasting Company (03-nerner) and Local Access Cable (oh hell yeah 03-woohoo); and therefore you have not had to time to read all of posts in this thread; but I never said that the B12 was going to any specificied number of new members. I just said that the Big 12 was going to expand and that many sources in the know have said as much.

Once again I am a great admirer of your work and I hope that I can see more of it in future.

And where did I say they wouldn't go to 12? You're aren't the brightest crayon in the box, are you? You can't even follow this thread and know what I've been commenting about it.

Owned and dismissed.
01-07-2012 01:51 AM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-07-2012 01:51 AM)x97 Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 05:45 PM)x97 Wrote:  Please provide such links to these "so called hints" that Big 12 expansion to 16 is "imminent" from the likes of Dodds or Boren.

Commissioner,

Commissioner,

And where did I say they wouldn't go to 12? You're aren't the brightest crayon in the box, are you? You can't even follow this thread and know what I've been commenting about it.

Owned and dismissed.

Commissioner,

Where in this initial post did you mention any number of teams that the Big 12 would be expanding by?

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=54...pid7393209

And at what point did I (not the WVU posters) say that the Big 12 would be expanding to 16?

I know that you are busy, but maybe you should at least read what the responses are; before trying to be condescending and dismissive. That might ease some of the weight off of your mind.
01-07-2012 10:45 AM
x97 Offline
Banned

(01-07-2012 10:45 AM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 01:51 AM)x97 Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 07:39 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  Commissioner,

Commissioner,

Owned and dismissed.

Commissioner,

Where in this initial post did you mention any number of teams that the Big 12 would be expanding by?

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=54...pid7393209

And at what point did I (not the WVU posters) say that the Big 12 would be expanding to 16?

I know that you are busy, but maybe you should at least read what the responses are; before trying to be condescending and dismissive. That might ease some of the weight off of your mind.

You responded to my post where I specifically mentioned Swaim's tweet in which he said 5 BE teams were going to invited shortly. Did you not take the time to research that, tool? You only embarrass and humiliate yourself publicly when you are completely clueless as to what's being said and referenced.

The OP of this thread readily admitted early on that Swaim was "on to something".

Here is a quote from this thread's OP early on in this thread:

"I think this may end up being more than just UL. Complete death blow to the conference."

"I think GSwaim is an idiot overall but he may be on to something this time."

"More BE schools. Very real chance they aren't stopping at 12. UofL for '13 is almost a given."

My first post on this thread was in direct response to Swaim's tweet and the info above that mentioned 5 BE teams are going to be invited in short order. It was actually the VERY SAME tweet that WVU fans were re-tweeting and in which WVU fan sites were going crazy about. The OP agreed and Swaim was "on to something this time".

Here are some other quotes from other WVU fans:

"Yep. Fans of the Alliance, you may be getting your blue turf buddies back."

"I've also heard that a couple of ACC teams may be in play in a move to 16. Looks like this board will have more to discuss. But I agree, it doesn't look good for the BE football league this offseason."

My participation in this thread was in direct response to the above. If you are going to call someone out it's best to know the context of the discussion, the point that's being referenced, and actually READ this thread. I think the fact that the BE didn't want anything to do with your little school as gotten you all butt-hurt and clouded you ability to think clearly. Sad, bro. LMAO.

Owned and dismissed in humiliating fashion for a FINAL time, clown.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 04:06 PM by x97.)
01-07-2012 04:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.