Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boise State will most likely stay in the MWC.
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

I Root For: Boise State
Boise State will most likely stay in the MWC.
At least that is the rumor going around campus. Kustra called it a no win situation Monday about a Big West invite and said the way the TV talks and BCS talk is going the move is looking like it will not really be profitable or needed.
SDSU still plans on going.......
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...t-millions
06-22-2012 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
RE: Boise State will most likely stay in the MWC.
(06-22-2012 06:05 PM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  At least that is the rumor going around campus. Kustra called it a no win situation Monday about a Big West invite and said the way the TV talks and BCS talk is going the move is looking like it will not really be profitable or needed.
SDSU still plans on going.......
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...t-millions

If that's the case, CUSA needs to invite Boise, Fresno State, UNLV, Colorado State, Utah State and New Mexico NOW (I picked those schools due to keep everything as geographically tight as possible).
06-22-2012 06:09 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Interesting development. But it's not like it was totally unexpected...
06-22-2012 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Probably a good and smart move by Boise St. San Diego St. should probably rethink things if this is true.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2012 06:11 PM by army56mike.)
06-22-2012 06:10 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I think the thing to watch is what the MWC is willing to concede for having Boise remain.

I mean things like-
1- Boise allowed to wear blue uniforms at home
2- revenue split favoring Boise more
3- probably would be pressured by the state to get Idaho included- right now as 12th team.

What's interesting if Boise and Idaho join, then Big East doesn't allow SDSU to join, all of a sudden MWC is up to 14 schools....
06-22-2012 06:13 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

Also because I know it will get brought up:
I know I said I wanted Boise State to stay in the Mountain West but that was only if The Big East refused to add a true Western Division in basketball or the WAC was not raided and kept Utah State, NMSU, Denver and San Jose State.
But a move to the Big East would of been a nice step up in football and even though an undefeated Big East Boise State team had a slim chance of playing for a championship, an undefeated MWC Boise team has virtually no chance unless they give in and play all of their .O.O.C games on the road.
So does The Big East replace Boise State? Do they have some written agreement that says if Boise does not come SDSU can't come? I say the Big East stays firm for now.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2012 06:16 PM by War Torn Ruston.)
06-22-2012 06:13 PM
Advertisement

Villecard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
If the BE was actually proactive, they would offer Boise an all-sports invite NOW. Who cares about the travel expenses; the BE should help them out with that at first. if Boise stayed in the MWC, then BE football is even more screwed (if that's possible). However, we know that the BE won't do it.....
06-22-2012 06:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(06-22-2012 06:10 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Probably a good and smart move by Boise St. San Diego St. should probably rethink things if this is true.

New Big East Football 2014
UConn
Rutgers
Temple
Navy
Cincinnati
Louisville
Memphis
East Carolina
Central Florida
South Florida
Houston
SMU
06-22-2012 06:20 PM
HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
I'm guessing that if Boise stays put (still a big "if" in my mind), the Big East will pull the plug on adding SDSU, as their contract with SDSU provides for.
06-22-2012 06:25 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(06-22-2012 06:20 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(06-22-2012 06:10 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Probably a good and smart move by Boise St. San Diego St. should probably rethink things if this is true.

New Big East Football 2014
UConn
Rutgers
Temple
Navy
Cincinnati
Louisville
Memphis
East Carolina
Central Florida
South Florida
Houston
SMU

I'd agree with this list with 2 thoughts...
1- Southern Miss instead of ECU.
2- I don't think Navy can get in before 2015. I think frankly they back out. If so, I look for ECU to get in Navy's spot

If Boise/SDSU don't come in- I could see USM and ECU happening believe it or not next week, for 2013.

This would be 12 all sports football schools along with the 8 making it a 20 team conference.
06-22-2012 06:26 PM
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
Really the only new news in this article is the WAC is looking to actually add CSU-Bakersfield, Utah Valley, and possibly UT-Pan American. Everything else has previously been reported.
06-22-2012 06:27 PM
Advertisement

HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

(06-22-2012 06:20 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  New Big East Football 2014
UConn
Rutgers
Temple
Navy
Cincinnati
Louisville
Memphis
East Carolina
Central Florida
South Florida
Houston
SMU

I think that's a pretty good-looking Big East. I know a lot of ECU fans have given up on landing an invitation but to me it's such a no-brainer that at some point the tide will turn.
06-22-2012 06:27 PM
UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
If this is true about BSU the. I think part of the contract with SDSU is that they can't come without BSU. I would also think this means the end of a "Western" Big East further than Dallas. The next question becomes does the BE stand at 10 teams until Navy comes and then add one
more team in the EST or CST to get to 12 or do they try and expand to 14. If the goal is then 12 teams who is the first choice ECU, USM or UMass or would they still be interested in AFA for Navy's sake? It sucks if this is true, but as a silver lining (non BE) people would have stop complaining about the Bug East being too spread out.
06-22-2012 06:29 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(06-22-2012 06:29 PM)UpStreamRedTeam Wrote:  If this is true about BSU the. I think part of the contract with SDSU is that they can't come without BSU. I would also think this means the end of a "Western" Big East further than Dallas. The next question becomes does the BE stand at 10 teams until Navy comes and then add one
more team in the EST or CST to get to 12 or do they try and expand to 14. If the goal is then 12 teams who is the first choice ECU, USM or UMass or would they still be interested in AFA for Navy's sake? It sucks if this is true, but as a silver lining (non BE) people would have stop complaining about the Bug East being too spread out.

I could see UMass coming if Navy does stay in 2015. I think ECU and USM would be for 2013...

Which would mess up CUSA big time. They would be at 10 for 2013 for sure. 2014 they could go to 12- pushing up Charlotte and ODU.
06-22-2012 06:33 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Yeah, there have been so many flip-flops on this, it's hard to know what to believe until it's final.

McMurphy's article makes a big deal about penalties after the July 1 deadline, but the MWC could waive the deadline in order to keep negotiating with Boise after that date.

I don't know what else the Big East could do to make Boise's situation better, even if they wanted to (and I'm not sure they do), other than bringing Boise into the BE for all sports or writing a seven-figure check to the Big West to bribe them to admit Boise.

Boise and SDSU staying in the west might be good news for programs hoping to get into the Big East, if the BE still wants 12 football teams, and it would probably be bad news for NMSU because it would end any possibility they have of getting into the MWC.
06-22-2012 06:33 PM
HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

(06-22-2012 06:27 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  Really the only new news in this article is the WAC is looking to actually add CSU-Bakersfield, Utah Valley, and possibly UT-Pan American. Everything else has previously been reported.

"Boise State also has looked into putting its Olympic sports in the Big West, but that league -- at least for now -- is not receptive to adding the Broncos."

I think this is also news. It was reported a few days ago that Boise would sweeten its offer to the Big West in an attempt to buy its way in. This suggests Boise's effort isn't gaining traction.
06-22-2012 06:34 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

(06-22-2012 06:33 PM)Wedge Wrote:  Yeah, there have been so many flip-flops on this, it's hard to know what to believe until it's final.

McMurphy's article makes a big deal about penalties after the July 1 deadline, but the MWC could waive the deadline in order to keep negotiating with Boise after that date.

I don't know what else the Big East could do to make Boise's situation better, even if they wanted to (and I'm not sure they do), other than bringing Boise into the BE for all sports or writing a seven-figure check to the Big West to bribe them to admit Boise.

Boise and SDSU staying in the west might be good news for programs hoping to get into the Big East, if the BE still wants 12 football teams, and it would probably be bad news for NMSU because it would end any possibility they have of getting into the MWC.

I could see Idaho putting signifigant pressure on Boise to get Idaho in the MWC. If so, NMSU would become team #14.
06-22-2012 06:34 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(06-22-2012 06:34 PM)HawaiiMongoose Wrote:  
(06-22-2012 06:27 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  Really the only new news in this article is the WAC is looking to actually add CSU-Bakersfield, Utah Valley, and possibly UT-Pan American. Everything else has previously been reported.

"Boise State also has looked into putting its Olympic sports in the Big West, but that league -- at least for now -- is not receptive to adding the Broncos."

I think this is also news. It was reported a few days ago that Boise would sweeten its offer to the Big West in an attempt to buy its way in. This suggests Boise's effort isn't gaining traction.

It's possible the only hope for Boise in Big East is all in.
06-22-2012 06:35 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
This will be a pretty big blow to the BE if true. I thought for some time that the real advantage Boise gets out of the BE would be the BCS tag. Now that the BCS tag is basically gone, then there isn't much of a reason for Boise to join. Unfortunately, it will also help to torpedo the BE TV contract being negotiated as well. Maybe the BE rethinks a number of moves now. I can see the following conference materialize for FB:

Louisville
Cincy
Memphis
USF
UCF
Rutgers
Houston
SMU
Temple
UCONN

That's a 10 school FB conference. Play 9 game round robin and you basically have the same set up as the Big12. I don't think the Big12 expands anytime soon, so I think 10 schools will do it. Makes a good geographical conference that will do some good things in FB. Make the Liberty Bowl the marquee bowl game and I think everyone could be happy with that set up.
06-22-2012 06:37 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

(06-22-2012 06:34 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(06-22-2012 06:33 PM)Wedge Wrote:  Yeah, there have been so many flip-flops on this, it's hard to know what to believe until it's final.

I could see Idaho putting signifigant pressure on Boise to get Idaho in the MWC. If so, NMSU would become team #14.

Yeah the Idaho to the MWC thing ain't gonna happen. Boise has said time and time again they would rather not have anything to do with Idaho period.
One thing is a fact. If Boise does not go. 2teams are gonna benefit big time,,,but, does the Big East TV contract look a little worse without Boise State?
06-22-2012 06:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.