Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poor pathetic USF
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF

rocketfootball Wrote:There gonna get killed in the Big East.....and the BE isn't even that great! :laugh:
We're going to get killed? Funny, USF has a perfect record against teams in the new Big East. It goes pretty well with the winning record we have against teams from the MAC.

And whether or not the Big East is great, we'll still be laughing all the way to the bank with an automatic bid to a BCS bowl.

USFFan
03-09-2004 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

usffan Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:There gonna get killed in the Big East.....and the BE isn't even that great!  :laugh:
We're going to get killed? Funny, USF has a perfect record against teams in the new Big East. It goes pretty well with the winning record we have against teams from the MAC.

And whether or not the Big East is great, we'll still be laughing all the way to the bank with an automatic bid to a BCS bowl.

USFFan
You've never played against Toledo so your MAC record means nothing to me. Yeah, you beat NIU and BG two years ago....so did Toledo.

And yes, I do think you guys will get killed against the likes of West Virginia, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse the first few years. After given time you might be able to compete on a regular basis with those teams, but not right away.

Same for Cincy in football. Their program was looking good and really dropped in the last couple of years. But with a new coach and with going to the Big East they have a chance to turn things around within a few years.
03-09-2004 08:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

usffan Wrote:And whether or not the Big East is great, we'll still be laughing all the way to the bank with an automatic bid to a BCS bowl.

USFFan
That's only if you can win the Big East and you finish high enough in the BCS rankings. The Big East could have a year they won't get an automatic bid if there is not a team ranked high enough in the BCS rankings.
03-09-2004 08:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullzfan4life Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

first off in only 7 years we have only had one losing season. we just entered a conference and finished third, as we were predicted to do. we just came off our biggest recruiting class of our history, and its just going to get better. we have already beat pittsburg at pittsburg. so what if we didn't play toledo, we did beat two mac teams. stop being jealous of or success, you don't see usf fans going out of our way to put-down ucf so grow up and show some class, which is one thing you guys are lacking. we are entering a great conference for football, and a huge conference in basketball and have two great head coaches leading us there. as well as womens basketball, baseball, and softball doing amazing and having amazing seasons. and by the way, everytime we have played ucf in the past few years we have won, our record in the series in any sport i believe is a winning one. so growup and start showing some class
03-09-2004 11:16 PM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

The USF / UCF smack talk is a two way street. We get it from you guys as much as you get it from us. Its what is expected from a potentially huge rivalry. So I don't want to hear that you guys are the victims, so far from the truth! As for the sport situation, the only one we do lead you in is baseball, but if our series in various sports continued then I think you might see a not so lopsided affair. The athletics department at UCF has restructured itself greatly and continues to do so. The sleeping giant at UCF has been awakened and it will not go back to its dormant past.
03-10-2004 01:11 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

bullzfan4life Wrote:first off in only 7 years we have only had one losing season. we just entered a conference and finished third, as we were predicted to do. we just came off our biggest recruiting class of our history, and its just going to get better. we have already beat pittsburg at pittsburg. so what if we didn't play toledo, we did beat two mac teams. stop being jealous of or success, you don't see usf fans going out of our way to put-down ucf so grow up and show some class, which is one thing you guys are lacking. we are entering a great conference for football, and a huge conference in basketball and have two great head coaches leading us there. as well as womens basketball, baseball, and softball doing amazing and having amazing seasons. and by the way, everytime we have played ucf in the past few years we have won, our record in the series in any sport i believe is a winning one. so growup and start showing some class
Playing in C-USA and playing against the likes of West Virginia, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse every year is a little different. Sure Syracuse hasn't been as good the last few years, but they should actually be pretty good next year. WVU and Pitt have both been very good the last few years.
03-10-2004 07:06 PM
Advertisement

usffan Offline
Heisman

moloch_322 Wrote:The USF / UCF smack talk is a two way street. We get it from you guys as much as you get it from us.
Where to start... Since I was the first USF fan to even find this site, it's kind of hard to make the case that "we get it from you guys as much as you get it from us." You were just trying to rip USF and probably hoping that we wouldn't find the site to defend ourselves.

USFFan
03-10-2004 09:56 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

moloch_322 Wrote:Its what is expected from a potentially huge rivalry. So I don't want to hear that you guys are the victims, so far from the truth! As for the sport situation, the only one we do lead you in is baseball, but if our series in various sports continued then I think you might see a not so lopsided affair. The athletics department at UCF has restructured itself greatly and continues to do so. The sleeping giant at UCF has been awakened and it will not go back to its dormant past.
A potentially huge rivalry? May I direct you to the following link:

<a href='http://www.southfloridabulls.com/South%20Florida%20vs.%20Central%20Florida.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.southfloridabulls.com/South%20F...l%20Florida.htm</a>

There you will see that USF owns a significant advantage over UCF in all but one sport. Now, that link hasn't been updated in a couple of years, so it's worth pointing out that you no longer even have a winning record against USF in baseball. USF won 3 out of 5 from UCF in 2002 and 2 out of 3 from UCF in 2003, meaning that USF now leads the all-time series in baseball 44-43.

As for whether the athletics department's improvements will translate on the field, only time will tell. However, USF has been actively improving their own athletic facilities and I see no reason to believe that we won't continue to lead each of these series into the future.

USFFan
03-10-2004 10:00 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

rocketfootball Wrote:
usffan Wrote:And whether or not the Big East is great, we'll still be laughing all the way to the bank with an automatic bid to a BCS bowl.

USFFan
That's only if you can win the Big East and you finish high enough in the BCS rankings. The Big East could have a year they won't get an automatic bid if there is not a team ranked high enough in the BCS rankings.
You missed the part about "laughing all the way to the bank." Regardless of whether we actually go to a BCS bowl, we'll still share in the revenues of being a BCS conference.

You should also re-read the countless articles about the new BCS. The Big East will still retain its automatic bid even if a non-BCS member earns a BCS bid. The only way that could change is that any conference is subject to review if their conference champion fails to maintain an average ranking of 12 over a four year period. Even if that were to happen, there's no guarantee that the bid will be taken away.

USFFan
03-10-2004 10:04 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

rocketfootball Wrote:Playing in C-USA and playing against the likes of West Virginia, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse every year is a little different. Sure Syracuse hasn't been as good the last few years, but they should actually be pretty good next year. WVU and Pitt have both been very good the last few years.
We know Pitt's been good. Perhaps a history lesson?

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=212510221' target='_blank'>http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gam...ameId=212510221</a>

I'm not saying that USF is going to come in and win the conference in the first year, but it's not like we're going to get starry eyed by playing the likes of Pittsburgh. We've beaten UConn twice, we've beaten Pittsburgh, we've beaten Cincinnati and we've beaten Louisville. We have yet to play West Virginia, Syracuse or Rutgers, but I don't anticipate that we're gonig to cower at the prospects of playing them, either. According to Rivals, we had the best recruiting class of any of the schools in the Big East. So pardon me if I strenuously disagree with your suggestion that we're going to be doormats.

USFFan
03-10-2004 10:12 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

usffan Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:Playing in C-USA and playing against the likes of West Virginia, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse every year is a little different.&nbsp; Sure Syracuse hasn't been as good the last few years, but they should actually be pretty good next year.&nbsp; WVU and Pitt have both been very good the last few years.
We know Pitt's been good. Perhaps a history lesson?
You don't have to give me a history lesson; I probably know more about college football than you can ever hope to imagine.

Pitt has been very good the last few years and I will tell you they will compete very well in the Big East again this fall.

Yes there was a long time that Pitt wasn't very good, however there was a time that they were one of the top teams in the country too. Every hear of Dan Marino? Or how about Dorsett?

As for beating Pitt once.....congrats! Toledo beat Pitt last year. That doesn't mean that Toledo can beat Pitt on a consistent basis and it doesn't mean that USF can beat them on a consistent basis at this point. All I am saying is to give USF a couple of years, which it seems is kind of what you said. You just didn't like hearing it from an outsider is all.
03-11-2004 10:01 AM
Advertisement

usffan Offline
Heisman

rocketfootball Wrote:All I am saying is to give USF a couple of years, which it seems is kind of what you said. You just didn't like hearing it from an outsider is all.
I have no real problem with your latest statement. However, what you actually said was:

rocketfootball Wrote:There gonna get killed in the Big East.....and the BE isn't even that great!&nbsp; :laugh:

...gonna get killed... is a far cry from ...give USF a couple of years...

USFFan

PS - I know quite a bit about Pitt football and their history. I also know that USF was the first team ever to beat Pitt at Heinz field. This was a bowl-bound Pitt team. That in no way denigrates Toledo's win over the Panthers last year, but please don't try to dismiss USF's win over them, either.
03-11-2004 02:35 PM
RUmojo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rutgers

USF has been a top tier contender in CUSA and now that they are in the Big East they put together a very solid recruiting class. IMO they will make ALOT of noise over the next few years. I hope you guys come back and give the Bulls a pat on the back after they make the top 25 and builds some distance between themselves and you guys.
03-11-2004 10:11 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

usffan Wrote:[quote="rocketfootball"] All I am saying is to give USF a couple of years, which it seems is kind of what you said.&nbsp; You just didn't like hearing it from an outsider is all.
I have no real problem with your latest statement. However, what you actually said was:

[quote="rocketfootball"] There gonna get killed in the Big East.....and the BE isn't even that great!
03-11-2004 11:52 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

RUmojo Wrote:USF has been a top tier contender in CUSA and now that they are in the Big East they put together a very solid recruiting class. IMO they will make ALOT of noise over the next few years. I hope you guys come back and give the Bulls a pat on the back after they make the top 25 and builds some distance between themselves and you guys.
Nice to see you back on the boards RUmojo.

However, USF putting some distance between themselves and Toledo? We are ranked #25 in ESPN.com's early pre-season Top 25. We beat Pitt last year with a sophomore QB that was playing in his 4th career game. We have virtually everyone back on offense and almost all of our secondary and linebackers back on defense. Toledo is going to be very tough this fall.
03-11-2004 11:55 PM
RUmojo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rutgers

rocketfootball, I am VERY glad to be back!!! I think Toledo will be tough but don't underestimate USF. They have a solid team and this years recruiting class was phenomal. They have a few guys that will contribute right away. IMO, if USF played the Rockets over the next few years the results would be ugly and in USF's favor.

I know Toledo has made a living beating people they aren't supposed to, but the Bulls are making serious strides. IMO, they will be serious contenders in the Big East from day 1.
03-12-2004 12:15 AM
Advertisement

moloch_322 Offline
All American

Crappies

usffan Wrote:
moloch_322 Wrote:The USF / UCF smack talk is a two way street.&nbsp; We get it from you guys as much as you get it from us.
Where to start... Since I was the first USF fan to even find this site, it's kind of hard to make the case that "we get it from you guys as much as you get it from us." You were just trying to rip USF and probably hoping that we wouldn't find the site to defend ourselves.

USFFan
Sorry but thats wrong. Ive been to other sites including other UCF and USF sites in which Bulls fans come on and talk smack about us - so it is a two way street. I was just shocked that you guys havent made it into this site yet. I knew sooner or later you guys would come out of the woodwork.
03-12-2004 01:16 AM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

Crappies

usffan Wrote:
moloch_322 Wrote:Its what is expected from a potentially huge rivalry.&nbsp; So I don't want to hear that you guys are the victims, so far from the truth!&nbsp; As for the sport situation, the only one we do lead you in is baseball, but if our series in various sports continued then I think you might see a not so lopsided affair.&nbsp; The athletics department at UCF has restructured itself greatly and continues to do so.&nbsp; The sleeping giant at UCF has been awakened and it will not go back to its dormant past.
A potentially huge rivalry? May I direct you to the following link:

<a href='http://www.southfloridabulls.com/South%20Florida%20vs.%20Central%20Florida.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.southfloridabulls.com/South%20F...l%20Florida.htm</a>

There you will see that USF owns a significant advantage over UCF in all but one sport. Now, that link hasn't been updated in a couple of years, so it's worth pointing out that you no longer even have a winning record against USF in baseball. USF won 3 out of 5 from UCF in 2002 and 2 out of 3 from UCF in 2003, meaning that USF now leads the all-time series in baseball 44-43.

As for whether the athletics department's improvements will translate on the field, only time will tell. However, USF has been actively improving their own athletic facilities and I see no reason to believe that we won't continue to lead each of these series into the future.

USFFan
I am aware of that site, and we are aware of our disappointing record against you guys. But times are changing at UCF and things will definitely not be the same. The thing that gets many irrate is that UCF was pulling for USF to play them in football since day one and USF always declined until now. Despite this it doesnt mean that there isnt a heated rivalry between us two. If anything there is moreso. Its a well known fact that USF is the school that we like to hate most, and maybe part of that has been due to our overall record vs. USF, as well as geography and desire to build an instate rivalry as big as UF/FSU.
03-12-2004 01:32 AM
bullzfan4life Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

ok, usf did want to play ucf in football awhile ago, but you guys didn't want to because you were scared, and once you saw how good we were doing you wanted to play us, and begged us until we gave in and gave you guys a game. there have been times when we were in the top 25 in some polls. we finished i bullieve it was the 2001 season ranked in the top 25. (correct me if i am wrong usffan) we have always been underranked in the preseason. they don't give us credit for anything, but that will change once the season starts. no matter what strides ucf is making, usf will be ahead of them in sports by a long shot. the only thing you guys have that we don't is an on-campus stadium, but we do play in Raymond James Stadium, so we surpass you in that facet. we are building right now a 10,000 square foot athletic facility. ucf will never equal usf in sports. so stop hating on us, and get over it
03-12-2004 10:54 AM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

Crappies

bullzfan4life Wrote:ok, usf did want to play ucf in football awhile ago, but you guys didn't want to because you were scared, and once you saw how good we were doing you wanted to play us, and begged us until we gave in and gave you guys a game.&nbsp; there have been times when we were in the top 25 in some polls.&nbsp; we finished i bullieve it was the 2001 season ranked in the top 25. (correct me if i am wrong usffan) we have always been underranked in the preseason.&nbsp; they don't give us credit for anything, but that will change once the season starts.&nbsp; no matter what strides ucf is making, usf will be ahead of them in sports by a long shot.&nbsp; the only thing you guys have that we don't is an on-campus stadium, but we do play in Raymond James Stadium, so we surpass you in that facet.&nbsp; we are building right now a 10,000 square foot athletic facility.&nbsp; ucf will never equal usf in sports.&nbsp; so stop hating on us, and get over it
Its well known that UCF wanted to play USF in their inaugural year of football, the fear factor was actually reversed, sorry to burst your bubble. The only reason why we are playing each other now is because it was brought up in the state house of representatives and much political meddling. By the way we play in the Citrus Bowl which will probably be going under major renovations since the Capital One Bowl could be the next BCS bowl. And if we did have an on-campus stadium it would be much better than playing in a municipal stadium such as the Citrus Bowl or RJS because the stadium is where college football should be played...on-campus! As for facilities we have a new baseball stadium, a new sports center, 10k arena on the way as well as an on-campus golf course. Whether or not we get an on-campus stadium is up in the air but many do want one, but I think much of it weighs on the Capital One Bowl's BCS standing. We also have the priciest football coaching staff in Florida with lucrative incentives. All of this due in part to the state's highest athletics fees which students pay every semester, much to the dismay of some students. Things are definitely changing and we will see the tide turn.
03-12-2004 07:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.