Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kyle Kempt update
Bookmark and Share
Demoengr Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GO UC!
Kyle Kempt update
No. 4 St. Vincent-St. Mary at Massillon

What, when, where: Nonleague game, 7:30 p.m., Paul Brown Tiger Stadium, One Paul Brown Drive, S.E., Massillon. Call 330-830-3901.

Records: Both teams are 7-1.

What to watch: Massillon appears to have a spot in the playoffs locked up, sitting comfortably in second place in Division I, Region 2. The Irish can probably make the Division III playoffs even with a loss. Tigers QB Kyle Kempt, a Cincinnati recruit, has thrown for 1,884 yards and 19 TDs by completing 72 percent of his passes. Michigan recruit Gareon Conley has 32 receptions for 655 yards and nine touchdowns. Irish QB Clayton Uecker has thrown for 1,614 yards and 18 touchdowns, with most passes going to Jordan Hargrove (47 receptions, 747 yards, 10 TDs) and Fransohn Bickley (25 receptions, 584 yards, 6 TDs). Parris Campbell and Mike Pruiett have combined to rush for 1,088 yards and 19 TDs.

PD pick: Massillon.

10-18-2012 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Kyle Kempt update
Oh man...72% completion percentage...hope he's in Red and Black come February

10-18-2012 06:43 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(10-18-2012 06:43 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Oh man...72% completion percentage...hope he's in Red and Black come February

He's fully committed and happy per Scout:

Quote:Bearcat Commit Stars In Big Win
By Bill Greene
Ohio recruiting analyst
Posted Oct 11, 2012

Massillon rolled over previously undefeated Austintown Fitch 34-14 last Friday, in one of the top matchups in Ohio. Quarterback Kyle Kempt continued his fine play, as the Cincinnati commit threw four touchdown passes in the win.

Now a senior, and in his third year as a varsity starter, Massillon (OH) quarterback Kyle Kempt is playing the best football of his career. The Cincinnati commit led the way last week as his Tiger team crushed Austintown Fitch 34-14.

Against Fitch, Kempt (6-foot-5, 205-pounds) threw for over 300-yards, with four touchdown passes, as Massillon moved to 6-1 on the season.

"We really came out and executed the way we can tonight," Kempt said of his team's performance against Fitch. "We knew what they were going to do, so it all came down to us executing our game plan. Our receivers and line were great, so my job was easy."

"This was just a good, solid win for us, and this is the type of team we need to beat to get where we want to be this year," he added. "We saw on film they weren't going to change their looks, and we knew we could exploit our athletes against their athletes."

Kempt has now thrown for nearly 1,800 yards in the first seven games, with an impressive 17-4 touchdown-to-interception ratio. He discussed his progress as a quarterback.

"This might have been my favorite game in my career, but I'm expecting bigger things going forward," he explained. "We expect to play 15 weeks this season, and that's been the goal since practice started. I'm a lot better player this year than I was last year, and that's helping make us a better team."

He pledged to Cincinnati last summer, and remains fully committed to the Bearcat program.

"I was down there earlier this year, and I'm planning on going down again, but I don't have my official visit set yet," Kempt reported. "I don't have any other schools recruiting me, and it wouldn't matter to me. I'm committed to Cincinnati and I'm happy with my choice."

10-18-2012 08:22 PM
ThinkBigPine Offline
Dilly Dilly

I Root For: The Bearcats
Gotta love hearing him say he's completely invested.

10-18-2012 10:45 PM
Demoengr Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GO UC!
Latest article of win last week. Became all time Massillon passing yardage QB.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/high-school/m...um=twitter

11-15-2012 01:47 PM
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
(11-15-2012 01:47 PM)Demoengr Wrote:  Latest article of win last week. Became all time Massillon passing yardage QB.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/high-school/m...um=twitter

Exciting to see a QB recruit defined as a "Deft" passer

11-15-2012 02:33 PM
Advertisement

bcat80 Offline
1st String

Donators
Glad to see UC making inroads into the Canton-Massillon area. That place is rich in talent.

11-15-2012 03:29 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
I have two members of my family who teach for Whitmer High out of Toledo, and will be getting updates and impressions of Mr. Kempt while I'm at the Nipp this Saturday. My brother says they are extremely scared of the Tiger passing attack up in Toledo

11-15-2012 08:36 PM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
Good but not great throwing mechanics. Which definitely isn't everything - there are plenty of QB's who look great passing and throw a great ball who aren't great QBs - but the downsides of imperfect mechanics tend to become magnified the higher up you go.

11-19-2012 01:45 PM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-19-2012 01:45 PM)Eastside_J Wrote:  Good but not great throwing mechanics. Which definitely isn't everything - there are plenty of QB's who look great passing and throw a great ball who aren't great QBs - but the downsides of imperfect mechanics tend to become magnified the higher up you go.

Sincerely,

Munchie Legaux

11-19-2012 07:54 PM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
(11-19-2012 07:54 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  
(11-19-2012 01:45 PM)Eastside_J Wrote:  Good but not great throwing mechanics. Which definitely isn't everything - there are plenty of QB's who look great passing and throw a great ball who aren't great QBs - but the downsides of imperfect mechanics tend to become magnified the higher up you go.

Sincerely,

Munchie Legaux

Ha! No not quite that unorthodox.

He just gets his feet a little wide sometimes and opens up too soon. Makes it so you don't have much rotation left in your torso when you release the ball.

The result is that it is hard to throw hard. And without torso "whip" at the end of your motion, you get less spin in the ball. So you see throws that might be on the money but lack velocity and don't always have tight spirals.

Again - I am in no ways slamming the kid. He can obviously play and can deliver the ball where it needs to be, when it needs to get there. I would much rather have a winner and a leader who could deliver the ball to his receivers and make things happen for his team but was an 8 out of 10 mechanically than a 9 out of 10 with no real accomplishments.

-- And his areas of mechanical improvement are IMO of the most "fixable type" especially the foot spread and the weight shift.

11-20-2012 02:05 PM
Advertisement

bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013...m-in-ohio/

Quote:Tommy Tuberville, last seen leaving recruits at a dinner table in Lubbock, is not off to the best start in Cincinnati. The Bearcats’ previous coach Butch Jones, recruited one of the best QBs in Ohio, Kyle Kempt, to play for Cincinnati. Kempt, who carries a 4.4 GPA, picked the Bearcats over Tennessee and West Virginia among others.

Worth noting: Butch Jones left for Tennessee last month.

Anyway, Tuberville sauntered into town and depending on whom you believe, appears to have pulled Kempt’s scholarship offer. From Friday Night Ohio:

Kempt either decommitted from Cincinnati or Tuberville pulled the offer Jones made to him.

It would seem the latter may be the case judging by Hall’s reaction.

“It was an ugly situation,” Hall said. “I think they thought he was going to go to Tennessee with Butch Jones and they offered another quarterback. But that wasn’t the case. Cincinnati will not be allowed back in Massillon on our campus as long as Jason Hall is in Massillon.”

It could be a big mistake by Tuberville. He came to Cincinnati from Texas Tech. Tuberville is a coach from the south and making his first head coaching stop in the Midwest.

Snubbing one of the top high school football programs in a new state probably isn’t the best way to start off a new career.

Don’t you love it when high school football coaches speak in the 3rd person? Enjoy the power trip, Jason Hall. [via Friday Night Ohio]

http://fridaynightohio.com/news/sunday-s...ting-along

Quote:Sunday Special: Cincinnati, Massillon staffs not getting along
Todd Porter
Todd.Porter@cantonrep.com
Updated: Saturday, January 5, 2013
Massillon quarterback Kyle Kempt no longer is going to Cincinnati, which is not making Tigers head coach Jason Hall happy.<br /><div id="dfp-300x250" style="float:right;"><script type="text/javascript">googletag.display("dfp-300x250");</script></div>
Massillon quarterback Kyle Kempt no longer is going to Cincinnati, which is not making Tigers head coach Jason Hall happy.

For many years there was always a connection between the cities of Massillon and Cincinnati. That relationship was forged when Paul Brown bought the Cincinnati Bengals and endeared himself to the Queen City.

The relationship between the football programs at Washington High School and the University of Cincinnati has crumpled. Massillon football coach Jason Hall stopped short of declaring Bearcat football dead to him, but clearly he isn’t happy with the way Cincinnati’s new football coach is operating.

Massillon quarterback Kyle Kempt picked Cincinnati over Tennessee, West Virginia and Indiana because it plays in an FBS conference and the university’s engineering program. Kempt has a 4.4 grade-point average and is Washington High School’s top student.

However, when the Bearcats lost head coach Butch Jones to Tennessee and Tommy Tuberville took over, Kempt’s recruitment took a turn. Kempt either decommitted from Cincinnati or Tuberville pulled the offer Jones made to him.

“It was an ugly situation,” Hall said. “I think they thought he was going to go to Tennessee with Butch Jones and they offered another quarterback. But that wasn’t the case. Cincinnati will not be allowed back in Massillon on our campus as long as Jason Hall is in Massillon.”

It could be a big mistake by Tuberville. He came to Cincinnati from Texas Tech. Tuberville is a coach from the south and making his first head coaching stop in the Midwest.

Snubbing one of the top high school football programs in a new state probably isn’t the best way to start off a new career.

“We will find out,” Hall said. “I don’t know, but I do believe in conducting business the right way.”

Hall phoned Tuberville and spoke with him. After telling the new coach his staff would not be welcomed in Massillon, Hall spoke with Cincinnati’s athletic administration.

“They think it is a misunderstanding,” Hall said. “I got the political run-around. The way they came in conducting business, I’m not sure Kyle would have ended up going there anyway.”

Meanwhile, Kempt is re-opening the recruiting process. College coaches are in a dead period for visiting recruits, but that changes in two weeks.

“Kyle is one of the best football players in the state of Ohio,” Hall said. “He has tons of schools looking at him. It will work itself out. The difference between Kyle and most kids is you’re talking about a 4.4 student, where the classes and majors matter to him. He’s focused on certain types of engineering and Cincinnati had what he wanted academically. He picked them … because the football was a good part of it, but they also have the engineering program.

“Kyle will land on his feet. Fortunately for him, he’s one of the top players in the state and people are interested. I know they could have used him in this all-star game I just attended.”

Hall traveled to Florida to watch Massillon defensive back and receiver Gareon Conley play in the Under Armor All-American game Friday night.

Hall said the schools expressing the most interest in Kempt are Oregon State, Mississippi State, Kentucky and Toledo.

“We will know more in the next two weeks,” Hall said.

If this was in the big thread, sorry.

01-09-2013 01:04 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-09-2013 01:04 PM)bww Wrote:  http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013...m-in-ohio/

Quote:Tommy Tuberville, last seen leaving recruits at a dinner table in Lubbock, is not off to the best start in Cincinnati. The Bearcats’ previous coach Butch Jones, recruited one of the best QBs in Ohio, Kyle Kempt, to play for Cincinnati. Kempt, who carries a 4.4 GPA, picked the Bearcats over Tennessee and West Virginia among others.

Worth noting: Butch Jones left for Tennessee last month.

Anyway, Tuberville sauntered into town and depending on whom you believe, appears to have pulled Kempt’s scholarship offer. From Friday Night Ohio:

Kempt either decommitted from Cincinnati or Tuberville pulled the offer Jones made to him.

Don’t you love it when high school football coaches speak in the 3rd person? Enjoy the power trip, Jason Hall. [via Friday Night Ohio]

http://fridaynightohio.com/news/sunday-s...ting-along

Quote:Sunday Special: Cincinnati, Massillon staffs not getting along
Todd Porter
Todd.Porter@cantonrep.com
Updated: Saturday, January 5, 2013
Massillon quarterback Kyle Kempt no longer is going to Cincinnati, which is not making Tigers head coach Jason Hall happy.<br /><div id="dfp-300x250" style="float:right;"><script type="text/javascript">googletag.display("dfp-300x250");</script></div>
Massillon quarterback Kyle Kempt no longer is going to Cincinnati, which is not making Tigers head coach Jason Hall happy.

For many years there was always a connection between the cities of Massillon and Cincinnati. That relationship was forged when Paul Brown bought the Cincinnati Bengals and endeared himself to the Queen City.

The relationship between the football programs at Washington High School and the University of Cincinnati has crumpled. Massillon football coach Jason Hall stopped short of declaring Bearcat football dead to him, but clearly he isn’t happy with the way Cincinnati’s new football coach is operating.

Massillon quarterback Kyle Kempt picked Cincinnati over Tennessee, West Virginia and Indiana because it plays in an FBS conference and the university’s engineering program. Kempt has a 4.4 grade-point average and is Washington High School’s top student.

However, when the Bearcats lost head coach Butch Jones to Tennessee and Tommy Tuberville took over, Kempt’s recruitment took a turn. Kempt either decommitted from Cincinnati or Tuberville pulled the offer Jones made to him.

“We will find out,” Hall said. “I don’t know, but I do believe in conducting business the right way.”

Hall phoned Tuberville and spoke with him. After telling the new coach his staff would not be welcomed in Massillon, Hall spoke with Cincinnati’s athletic administration.

“They think it is a misunderstanding,” Hall said. “I got the political run-around. The way they came in conducting business, I’m not sure Kyle would have ended up going there anyway.”

Meanwhile, Kempt is re-opening the recruiting process. College coaches are in a dead period for visiting recruits, but that changes in two weeks.

“Kyle is one of the best football players in the state of Ohio,” Hall said. “He has tons of schools looking at him. It will work itself out. The difference between Kyle and most kids is you’re talking about a 4.4 student, where the classes and majors matter to him. He’s focused on certain types of engineering and Cincinnati had what he wanted academically. He picked them … because the football was a good part of it, but they also have the engineering program.

“Kyle will land on his feet. Fortunately for him, he’s one of the top players in the state and people are interested. I know they could have used him in this all-star game I just attended.”

Hall traveled to Florida to watch Massillon defensive back and receiver Gareon Conley play in the Under Armor All-American game Friday night.

Hall said the schools expressing the most interest in Kempt are Oregon State, Mississippi State, Kentucky and Toledo.

“We will know more in the next two weeks,” Hall said.

If this was in the big thread, sorry.

Immediate loss of credibility. TT said all schollys will be honored, so not sure what happened up there. Maybe they were upset with UC offering Stockstill? He did decommitt though. Doesn't seem that Butch is pursing him very hard.

01-09-2013 01:29 PM
ThinkBigPine Offline
Dilly Dilly

I agree completely his credibility is taking a huge hit. This is third story we've heard about TT not reaching out to recruits in terms of their schollys, See Dakota Cox, and Ben Flick.

01-09-2013 01:40 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(01-09-2013 01:40 PM)ThinkBigPine Wrote:  I agree completely his credibility is taking a huge hit. This is third story we've heard about TT not reaching out to recruits in terms of their schollys, See Dakota Cox, and Ben Flick.

UC coaches visited Flick last week.

01-09-2013 01:54 PM
DDaddy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats

Donators
(01-09-2013 01:54 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 01:40 PM)ThinkBigPine Wrote:  I agree completely his credibility is taking a huge hit. This is third story we've heard about TT not reaching out to recruits in terms of their schollys, See Dakota Cox, and Ben Flick.

I have heard that "coaches" have made visits but I have not heard that the "Head Football Coach" has called or visited. That's what I keep waiting to hear. I am assuming that it is normal for the assistants to make these calls.

01-09-2013 01:59 PM
Advertisement

ThinkBigPine Offline
Dilly Dilly

(01-09-2013 01:59 PM)DDaddy Wrote:  

I have heard that "coaches" have made visits but I have not heard that the "Head Football Coach" has called or visited. That's what I keep waiting to hear. I am assuming that it is normal for the assistants to make these calls.

I was referring to head coach reaching out. Did you read anything about Dakota Cox? His dad reached out to Whit and TT multiple times and got snubbed each time. Poor form.

01-09-2013 02:02 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(01-09-2013 01:59 PM)DDaddy Wrote:  

Assistants are the primary recruiters and they called Flick a long time ago, then visited him and he is visiting UC very soon.

DMBerk Dave Berk

#Cincinnati #Bearcats Hamilton (OH) OL Ben Flick spoke with one of the new coaches. Here is a quick update. http://t.co/RzAPnkLf

29 days ago
Retweet
Favorite

01-09-2013 02:03 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Relying on assistants is the way it is generally done everywhere. There were reports that during his tenure at UC Brian Kelly rarely even talked to a recruit at all, with a few exceptions. Coombs was the guy during BK's years and, along with Mark Elder, during the Jones years.

I am sorry that Dakota Cox did not work out and he felt slighted-- maybe he will turn out to be a big miss on UC's part, but didn't he end up at New Mexico or somehwere like that. Not to worried about it.

01-09-2013 02:09 PM
marcuscan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats + UF
(01-09-2013 02:09 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Relying on assistants is the way it is generally done everywhere. There were reports that during his tenure at UC Brian Kelly rarely even talked to a recruit at all, with a few exceptions. Coombs was the guy during BK's years and, along with Mark Elder, during the Jones years.

I am sorry that Dakota Cox did not work out and he felt slighted-- maybe he will turn out to be a big miss on UC's part, but didn't he end up at New Mexico or somehwere like that. Not to worried about it.

Right. Not too worried abt Kempt either. Living in Atlanta/ SEC country for the past 7 years and following recruiting down here has me very meh about this entire situation. Perhaps there used to be an egalitarian, 'good ol days' to recruiting (and if you believe that....) however now a days you recruit over guys all the time. If a little competition ruffles your feathers well then you may be best served elsewhere anyway.

mc

01-09-2013 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.