Anyone else notice?
10-20-2012 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dogma Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF
RE: Subtle dig at Big East three ranked teams during ESPN Gameday
(10-20-2012 10:44 PM)3601 Wrote:  Anyone else notice?

I no longer watch ANY ESPN show except for BEast games or certain games.
10-20-2012 11:12 PM
BatonRougeEscapee Offline
1st String

I Root For: GEAUX TIGERS &
Post on a Louisville board said the following:

"sportscenter just took a shot at the big east....said no big east team deserves to be ranked and Linda yawned when talking about the big east. John pointed out that Linda yawned and then said the rest of America agrees. "

I didn't see it so I can't confirm the veracity. It does sound par for the course IMO.

It's also uncalled for considering the performance of certain other conferences. Rutgers and Louisville certainly deserve to be ranked, about right where they are. If they deserve a higher ranking, they will earn it.

Talking points during negotiations are alive and well. Sometimes a conspiracy theory is actually true.
10-20-2012 11:17 PM
CheeseSndwch Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Univ. Houston
I was watching; basically they spent all of 30-seconds on the Big East and then pointed out that the Big East was only worth 30-seconds of discussion. This was followed up with laughter by all of the Gameday crew.

I also mentioned it in another thread how gleeful the ESPN talking heads were during the half-time updates when it looked like Rutgers might lose.
10-20-2012 11:22 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

I Root For: Boise State
A group of us were talking today at the store in the stadium about how The Day we signed to go into the Big East was the day ESPN quit talking about us in a good light. Now they don't mention us at all.
10-20-2012 11:39 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies
ESPN, the worldwide leader in professionalism.
10-20-2012 11:48 PM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(10-20-2012 11:17 PM)BatonRougeEscapee Wrote:  Post on a Louisville board said the following:

"sportscenter just took a shot at the big east....said no big east team deserves to be ranked and Linda yawned when talking about the big east. John pointed out that Linda yawned and then said the rest of America agrees. "

I didn't see it so I can't confirm the veracity. It does sound par for the course IMO.

It's also uncalled for considering the performance of certain other conferences. Rutgers and Louisville certainly deserve to be ranked, about right where they are. If they deserve a higher ranking, they will earn it.

Talking points during negotiations are alive and well. Sometimes a conspiracy theory is actually true.

The horse was probably just opening it's mouth because it was hungry. Somebody needs to feed the horse some oats!
10-20-2012 11:56 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
Can anyone find video of this?

EDIT: Found it! What a bunch of d!(k$

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 12:59 AM by NJRedMan.)
10-21-2012 12:41 AM
LaBradfordsTWill Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
I'm sure Aresco duly noted this. I think it's proof the negotiations are headed to the open market.
10-21-2012 01:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Too bad UC lived up to it.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 04:52 AM by Ring of Black.)
10-21-2012 04:52 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(10-21-2012 04:52 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Too bad UC lived up to it.
Regardless, - for them to specifically pick one league to bash on like that is uncalled for and unprofessional. They need to be called out on it.
10-21-2012 05:38 AM
Advertisement

TopperCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL & WKU
Unfortunately, no one that matters is going to call them out on it. They own the monopoly in college football. Which is why I'm not so sure we shouldn't re-sign a contract with them. Unless a competiter is willing to invest big bucks to compete with the evil giant, it's probably better to be on their side. I hate saying it, I REALLY do, but it's better to be talked about by ESPN, than to never be mentioned, laughed at, and totaly disprespected by them.

I need to go wash my hands now.... I feel gross.
10-21-2012 07:46 AM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(10-21-2012 07:46 AM)TopperCard Wrote:  Unfortunately, no one that matters is going to call them out on it. They own the monopoly in college football. Which is why I'm not so sure we shouldn't re-sign a contract with them. Unless a competiter is willing to invest big bucks to compete with the evil giant, it's probably better to be on their side. I hate saying it, I REALLY do, but it's better to be talked about by ESPN, than to never be mentioned, laughed at, and totaly disprespected by them.

Say's someone who has 7 posts and joined in Oct. 2012. Riiiiiight!!!!! Log off and get back to your desk. Your ESpin buds are watching. 03-puke
10-21-2012 07:51 AM
TopperCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL & WKU
(10-21-2012 07:51 AM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(10-21-2012 07:46 AM)TopperCard Wrote:  Unfortunately, no one that matters is going to call them out on it. They own the monopoly in college football. Which is why I'm not so sure we shouldn't re-sign a contract with them. Unless a competiter is willing to invest big bucks to compete with the evil giant, it's probably better to be on their side. I hate saying it, I REALLY do, but it's better to be talked about by ESPN, than to never be mentioned, laughed at, and totaly disprespected by them.

Say's someone who has 7 posts and joined in Oct. 2012. Riiiiiight!!!!! Log off and get back to your desk. Your ESpin buds are watching. 03-puke

Dude, I've done nothing to you. I'm a fan. That's all. No need to attack. Get over yourself. It's a message board, a place to voice your opinion freely. Chill out.
10-21-2012 08:20 AM
Bearcats#1 Online
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

???? What did the guy say that was so horrible that you had to respond this way??

I think he's just saying, he hates ESPN but the fact is its still THE place the nation turns to to watch college football by in large. He was also bringing up a time tested theory from marketing: "bad publicity is still better than no publicity" or stated another way, "there is no such thing as bad publcity"....which I agree with.

having said that, I still wish we could fly espn the finger and land on nbc or fox or whatever "just because".
10-21-2012 08:27 AM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
well its left to louisville and rutgers to prove then wrong and force them to talk about the BE by continuing to win
10-21-2012 08:45 AM
Advertisement

CokeSlurpee711 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF & the AAC
At least Rutgers & Louisville got wins. Just got to keep it up.
10-21-2012 08:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
General Mike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers

Maybe, maybe not. Even if we resign with them they are still going to downgrade us as a football conference. Resigning with them is not going to keep us with a guaranteed spot in the new bowl/ playoff system. I'd rather hitch my wagon to someone else and help them try to build something.
10-21-2012 09:36 AM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

I Root For: Boise State

What did he say?
10-21-2012 09:44 AM
TennTiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
If I were Aresco I would play serious hard ball. I'd tell ESPN to go shove it that were' going to the open market for football and that if they try to sabotage or tamper with any of our current or future members to leave then we will throw a lawsuit on them so bad that their public image will be destroyed by their manipulation and corruption. They do NOT want that to happen and for viewers to turn away just in spite.

Otherwise, ESPN will just tell the Big 12 to go to 12 and take Louisville and BYU with you. Therefor killing the Big East' chances at a major TV rights pay and it's value. 03-banghead
10-21-2012 10:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.