Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Don't understand all the hub bub over Boise..
1badbird Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cards
Don't understand all the hub bub over Boise..
Quote:Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel

Quick thought on Boise: Was told today they are also exploring an independent TV deal, similar to BYU.

Quote: Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel

Another Boise thought. Some seem to think they're overplaying their cards. If Petersen goes to Oregon their value plummets.

Folks, we are talking about a small school in Idaho. I would take UC, UConn or Houston over the Bronco's any day of the week.

Take care of those schools and the Big East WILL surpass a conference located in the middle of nowhere.
12-22-2012 06:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

monty Offline

I Root For: SDSU
RE: Don't understand all the hub bub over Boise..
yea, F them, if the MWC is going to bend over and let them have their own deal then I want nothing to do with that conference.
12-22-2012 06:38 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Boise is the flavor of the month, They are a bad coaching move away from not mattering for a very long time. Unlike most real big time programs they don't have a huge city, and or alum base to carry them through rough times. Peterson leaves and they become a 7-5 type program for 4 to 5 years they will be off the radar screen.
12-22-2012 06:40 PM
pablowow Offline
1st String

I Root For: TULANE/AAC
I have a feeling it will all work itself out. thompson is a fighter but Boise was not a part of MWC until they needed them. MWC also were the group that left SMU,TULSA, UTEP etc hanging when they left. I cant imagine Boise feeling long term MWC is going to be stable. I will say that with PAC needing 4 more nothing is stable out west.
12-22-2012 06:42 PM
maccoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(12-22-2012 06:40 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  Boise is the flavor of the month, They are a bad coaching move away from not mattering for a very long time. Unlike most real big time programs they don't have a huge city, and or alum base to carry them through rough times. Peterson leaves and they become a 7-5 type program for 4 to 5 years they will be off the radar screen.

Why do we turn on each other with every rumor that floats out of the internet? Boise has built a brand that many are interested in. No need to throw rocks just because of some unnamed source internet rumors.
12-22-2012 06:46 PM
1badbird Offline
Special Teams

Cincy has endured three(3) recent coaching changes and has continued to be outstanding.
12-22-2012 06:46 PM
Advertisement

1badbird Offline
Special Teams

(12-22-2012 06:42 PM)pablowow Wrote:  I have a feeling it will all work itself out. thompson is a fighter but Boise was not a part of MWC until they needed them. MWC also were the group that left SMU,TULSA, UTEP etc hanging when they left. I cant imagine Boise feeling long term MWC is going to be stable. I will say that with PAC needing 4 more nothing is stable out west.

Boise St will never be a part of the PAC-12.
12-22-2012 06:56 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Boise has value, but not enough value to make that deal worth it.
12-22-2012 07:00 PM
UHChris03 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Houston
Exactly Mac,!!!

(12-22-2012 06:46 PM)maccoog Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 06:40 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  Boise is the flavor of the month, They are a bad coaching move away from not mattering for a very long time. Unlike most real big time programs they don't have a huge city, and or alum base to carry them through rough times. Peterson leaves and they become a 7-5 type program for 4 to 5 years they will be off the radar screen.

Why do we turn on each other with every rumor that floats out of the internet? Boise has built a brand that many are interested in. No need to throw rocks just because of some unnamed source internet rumors.
12-22-2012 07:03 PM
BoiseAlum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Boise
(12-22-2012 06:46 PM)maccoog Wrote:  

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Someone who isn't falling for this BS from a media company that everyone hates anyways, who can't even name its sources!!!
12-22-2012 07:10 PM
monty Offline

I Root For: SDSU
I love how whenever people don't like a story they just say it's fake - this has been hinted at what boise is trying to swing for a couple days now.
12-22-2012 07:17 PM
Advertisement

szullo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Boise State

"Flavor of the month" that has won 10 games in 10 of the last 11 seasons, has 5 straight wins over the Pac 12, beaten 3 AQ conference champions in that time period and won 4 straight bowl games and 2 BCS bowls?

As for the OP, Boise wins and attracts a national audience despite those disadvantages. Imagine that? a team being coveted because of actual success and not the idea that they might potentially maybe be good in 10-15 years possibly because they're located in a big city.. What a concept I know! And seriously, its amazing how brainwashed and gullible about 75 percent of the people that post here are. I still see people quoting those idiotic West Virginia fans that post realignment rumors on twitter and half the forum eats it up like some kind of cult. Do you know how many times Andy Katz has said Boise was "in discussions" with the Mountain West? Pete Thamel reporting this does make me believe that there is something to this, but why is it such a bad idea? Do you really believe that if any one of your schools was offered the chance to get an independent TV contract that they wouldn't do it? They haven't made a decision yet, but people jump all over them like they're monsters. Why not wait until something actually happens before jumping to conclusions.
12-22-2012 07:18 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(12-22-2012 06:24 PM)1badbird Wrote:  
Quote:Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel

Quick thought on Boise: Was told today they are also exploring an independent TV deal, similar to BYU.

Quote: Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel

Another Boise thought. Some seem to think they're overplaying their cards. If Petersen goes to Oregon their value plummets.

Folks, we are talking about a small school in Idaho. I would take UC, UConn or Houston over the Bronco's any day of the week.

Take care of those schools and the Big East WILL surpass a conference located in the middle of nowhere.

i just hope pete thamel will find some other topic. man that guy is like a cancer.
12-22-2012 07:21 PM
BoiseAlum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Boise
(12-22-2012 07:17 PM)monty Wrote:  I love how whenever people don't like a story they just say it's fake - this has been hinted at what boise is trying to swing for a couple days now.

The Boise administration is doing their due diligence. They owe it to their alum, staff, coaches, players and fans to explore all avenues available to them. I'm ok with that. But I can't believe for one second that they are trying to get a conference deal that will give them unfair benefits over the other members of that conference. The fact that the B12 allows it for Texas is not right, and it wouldn't be right for the MWC or BE to do it for Boise.
12-22-2012 07:27 PM
Hardcore Bronc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Boisestate
Funny how ESPIN dispatches the pirranas when anyone else is trying to maximize their financial situation and trust me for Boisestate it's not a matter of greed but survival, with out a decent tv deal how do we keep up with the jones'??? ESPIN has destroyed conferences in pursuit of a buck, how can they spin what Boise's doing negatively!
12-22-2012 07:40 PM
Hoofbeat83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SMU
(12-22-2012 07:18 PM)szullo Wrote:  

"Flavor of the month" that has won 10 games in 10 of the last 11 seasons, has 5 straight wins over the Pac 12, beaten 3 AQ conference champions in that time period and won 4 straight bowl games and 2 BCS bowls?

As for the OP, Boise wins and attracts a national audience despite those disadvantages. Imagine that? a team being coveted because of actual success and not the idea that they might potentially maybe be good in 10-15 years possibly because they're located in a big city.. What a concept I know! And seriously, its amazing how brainwashed and gullible about 75 percent of the people that post here are. I still see people quoting those idiotic West Virginia fans that post realignment rumors on twitter and half the forum eats it up like some kind of cult. Do you know how many times Andy Katz has said Boise was "in discussions" with the Mountain West? Pete Thamel reporting this does make me believe that there is something to this, but why is it such a bad idea? Do you really believe that if any one of your schools was offered the chance to get an independent TV contract that they wouldn't do it? They haven't made a decision yet, but people jump all over them like they're monsters. Why not wait until something actually happens before jumping to conclusions.

Because yours is the ONLY school in this two conference mess (nBE and MWC) that is dealing from a relative position of strength, and the irrational fans of those schools that are not (and I include SMU) are taking out their envy and frustration on you. As your fellow alumnus says nicely below, OF COURSE your administration is doing its due diligence. I hope mine is, too, within the options we have.
12-22-2012 07:42 PM
Advertisement

BroncoFan78 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
Nice to see we have so many friends based on a completely baseless article.
12-22-2012 07:46 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
Boise going Independent would be suicide for them

Notre Dame and Texas are the only two teams today that could get away with it.
12-22-2012 07:49 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(12-22-2012 07:49 PM)gotigers1 Wrote:  Boise going Independent would be suicide for them

Notre Dame and Texas are the only two teams today that could get away with it.

alabama could get away with it. they have even hinted at it in the past.
12-22-2012 07:50 PM
Hoofbeat83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: SMU
(12-22-2012 07:46 PM)BroncoFan78 Wrote:  Nice to see we have so many friends based on a completely baseless article.

Ignore them. You have a great program going. Nice win BTW. Enjoyed watching the game.
12-22-2012 07:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.