Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

great gun control points and easy for the left to understand
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
great gun control points and easy for the left to understand
Gun Control 

By Neal Boortz
Stepping in from my retirement rehearsal to get a few words in about the Democrats and the push for gun control.  So .. let’s make a few points:
1. Everyone with an IQ higher than a thermostat setting knew sooner or later that Obama was going to go after the 2nd Amendment with a push for more gun control.  That’s why gun sales are at an all-time high right now.  Democrats absolutely hate the idea that a private individual American can own a gun for the purpose of self defense.  They really hate the idea that one of the primary reasons our founding fathers included the 2nd Amendment in our Constitution was a recognition of the fact that a free people always should have the means to defend themselves from a despotic government.  Democrats are the embodiment of a despotic government.   It is perfectly natural or them to fear an armed citizenry. 
2. Democrats find it much easier to push a gun control agenda than they do to deal with issues of true and vital importance to our Republic.  When we are mourning and burying 20 young children the emotions of the people are raw.  It’s time to exploit those emotions for political gain.  Americans, unfortunately, will never be this emotional about the fiscal disaster they face.  And I’m not talking about this meaningless “fiscal cliff.”  I’m talking about our nearly $1 trillion … that’s TRILLION … in unfunded liabilities and our current unsustainable level of spending.  The highest in terms of our gross domestic product ever.  But you’ve read all about this in the mainstream media, haven’t you?  Oh, you haven’t?  Well, I’m sure they’re preparing their in-depth stories right now. 
3. This year 446 school age children have been shot in Chicago, and 62 have died.  There has been NO push from the left for gun control resulting from the carnage in Chicago.  Odd, don’t you think?  By the way, Chicago has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country.  I’m sure you’ve seen these statistics on your favorite network television newscast, haven’t you?  Wait!  What? 
4. The media will NEVER go to any great lengths to report on the use of privately owned firearms in self-defense.  This is not part of the leftist agenda. There was a shooting in a mall in Portland, Oregon a few weeks ago that was reportedly halted by a private citizen with a concealed carry permit and a weapon.  When the shooter saw the weapon he promptly shot himself.  You didn’t hear that on your mainstream newscast, did you? 
5. During a spate of school shootings in the late 1990s no less than three of those school shootings were halted by a civilian with a gun.  One shooting was stopped after two students had already died by an assistant principal who had to run a quarter-mile to his car and back to get his gun.  He couldn’t park his car on school property because there was a gun in it.  Would someone be alive today who is dead and buried if that assistant principal hadn’t had to make his little half-mile run?  You haven’t heard about those incidents in the mainstream newscasts, have you?  
6. In the past week we have had two stories about a 14-year-old at home without an adult when a burglar entered the home.  In one the 14-year-old knew where his dad’s gun was, and knew how to use it.  The intruder was shot.  In the other the 14-year-old had no means to defend himself.  His father found his body when he came home from work at the end of the day.  He had been shot.   Have you read a juxtaposition of these two stories in your mainstream newscast?  Didn’t think so. 
7. Obama says he will introduce legislation to close “The Gun Show Loophole.”  There IS NO gun show loophole.  The federal laws pertaining to purchasing a firearm at a gun show are exactly the same at a gun show as they are anywhere else in this country.  When a private individual sells a firearm to another private individual there is no requirement for a background check.  When a licensed firearms dealer sells a gun to an individual a background check must be performed before the weapon is transferred.  When a private individual at a gun show sells a firearm to another private individual there is no requirement for a background check.  When a licensed firearms dealer at a gun show sells a gun to an individual a background check must be performed before the weapon is transferred.  The operation of law is EXACTLY the same at a gun show as it is anywhere else.  Therefore, as I said, there is no “gun show loophole.”  Now I’m thinking that you haven’t heard this from your mainstream media outlet, have you?  
8. The true purpose behind this “close the gun show loophole” idea is to make the sale and transfer of firearms between individuals impossible by requiring a private individual to conduct a background check before selling a privately owned gun to another individual.  Private individuals do not have the legal authority to access the information necessary to perform the background check.  This would mean that Americans could only obtain a firearm through a federally licensed firearms dealer.  Consider the consequences.  Has this angle been covered in the mainstream media?  Uhhhhhh ….. no. 
9. In response to the Sandy Hook shootings Obama will introduce legislation calling for more extensive background checks.   A more extensive background check would have done nothing to prevent the deaths of these 26 people.  The shooter underwent NO background check at all.  That’s because he did not purchase the guns.  His mother did.  By all accounts his mother could have passed any conceivable background check.  You’ve already seen this covered in the mainstream media, haven’t you?  You haven’t?  Golly!  I’m just soooo surprised. 
10. Obama wants an assault weapons ban.  We had one of those and there is not one bit of empirical evidence that the ban saved one single life.  Some weapons are designated as “assault weapons” simply because they look like they should be carried by a soldier, even though they are less powerful than your average hunting rifle.  Can you tell me why putting a hole in the stock of a gun for your thumb, or making the stock out of grey plastic, should make it illegal?  The problem we face in this gun control debate bears so many similarities to the problems we face in much of our national political discourse.  The media has chosen sides, and haven chosen sides, contrarian information will be blocked and the public will not have the details necessary to make informed choices.
12-23-2012 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
RE: great gun control points and easy for the left to understand
03-yawn
12-23-2012 02:33 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(12-23-2012 02:33 PM)RobertN Wrote:  03-yawn

Nice counter-argument.
12-23-2012 05:59 PM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

(12-23-2012 05:59 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Nice counter-argument.

Hard for him argue with facts.
12-23-2012 06:24 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-23-2012 06:24 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(12-23-2012 05:59 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Nice counter-argument.

Hard for him argue with facts.
Facts? Did you post something with facts?
12-23-2012 07:33 PM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I guess it had too much common sense in utility for your liking
12-23-2012 08:23 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-23-2012 08:23 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  I guess it had too much common sense in utility for your liking
Common sense?
12-25-2012 08:46 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(12-25-2012 08:46 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(12-23-2012 08:23 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  I guess it had too much common sense in utility for your liking
Common sense?

"Webster's Definition of COMMON SENSE: sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts."

There you go Robert, that should help you understand.
12-25-2012 09:44 AM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

Quote:... one of the primary reasons our founding fathers included the 2nd Amendment in our Constitution was a recognition of the fact that a free people always should have the means to defend themselves from a despotic government. 
FACT 
Quote:  It’s time to exploit those emotions for political gain.  Americans, unfortunately, will never be this emotional about the fiscal disaster they face. 
FACT
Quote:This year 446 school age children have been shot in Chicago, and 62 have died.  There has been NO push from the left for gun control resulting from the carnage in Chicago.  Odd, don’t you think?  By the way, Chicago has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country.  I’m sure you’ve seen these statistics on your favorite network television newscast, haven’t you?  Wait!  What?
FACT 
Quote:There was a shooting in a mall in Portland, Oregon a few weeks ago that was reportedly halted by a private citizen with a concealed carry permit and a weapon.  When the shooter saw the weapon he promptly shot himself. 
FACT
Quote:During a spate of school shootings in the late 1990s no less than three of those school shootings were halted by a civilian with a gun.  One shooting was stopped after two students had already died by an assistant principal who had to run a quarter-mile to his car and back to get his gun.  He couldn’t park his car on school property because there was a gun in it. 
FACT
Quote:In the past week we have had two stories about a 14-year-old at home without an adult when a burglar entered the home.  In one the 14-year-old knew where his dad’s gun was, and knew how to use it.  The intruder was shot.  In the other the 14-year-old had no means to defend himself.  His father found his body when he came home from work at the end of the day.  He had been shot.
FACT 
Quote:Obama says he will introduce legislation to close “The Gun Show Loophole.”  There IS NO gun show loophole.  The federal laws pertaining to purchasing a firearm at a gun show are exactly the same at a gun show as they are anywhere else in this country.  ...  The operation of law is EXACTLY the same at a gun show as it is anywhere else. 
FACT
Quote:Private individuals do not have the legal authority to access the information necessary to perform the background check.  This would mean that Americans could only obtain a firearm through a federally licensed firearms dealer. 
FACT 
Quote:In response to the Sandy Hook shootings Obama will introduce legislation calling for more extensive background checks.   A more extensive background check would have done nothing to prevent the deaths of these 26 people. 
FACT  
Quote: The media has chosen sides, and haven chosen sides, contrarian information will be blocked and the public will not have the details necessary to make informed choices.
FACT

There you go Robert.
12-25-2012 10:13 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-25-2012 09:44 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  
(12-25-2012 08:46 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
Common sense?

"Webster's Definition of COMMON SENSE: sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts."

There you go Robert, that should help you understand.
I know what common sense is. THe thing is, there was no common sense in that opinion piece he posted.
12-25-2012 10:27 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-25-2012 10:13 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  1.
Quote:... one of the primary reasons our founding fathers included the 2nd Amendment in our Constitution was a recognition of the fact that a free people always should have the means to defend themselves from a despotic government. 
FACT 
Quote:  It’s time to exploit those emotions for political gain.  Americans, unfortunately, will never be this emotional about the fiscal disaster they face. 
FACT
Quote:This year 446 school age children have been shot in Chicago, and 62 have died.  There has been NO push from the left for gun control resulting from the carnage in Chicago.  Odd, don’t you think?  By the way, Chicago has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country.  I’m sure you’ve seen these statistics on your favorite network television newscast, haven’t you?  Wait!  What?
FACT 
Quote:There was a shooting in a mall in Portland, Oregon a few weeks ago that was reportedly halted by a private citizen with a concealed carry permit and a weapon.  When the shooter saw the weapon he promptly shot himself. 
FACT
Quote:During a spate of school shootings in the late 1990s no less than three of those school shootings were halted by a civilian with a gun.  One shooting was stopped after two students had already died by an assistant principal who had to run a quarter-mile to his car and back to get his gun.  He couldn’t park his car on school property because there was a gun in it. 
FACT
Quote:In the past week we have had two stories about a 14-year-old at home without an adult when a burglar entered the home.  In one the 14-year-old knew where his dad’s gun was, and knew how to use it.  The intruder was shot.  In the other the 14-year-old had no means to defend himself.  His father found his body when he came home from work at the end of the day.  He had been shot.
FACT 
Quote:Obama says he will introduce legislation to close “The Gun Show Loophole.”  There IS NO gun show loophole.  The federal laws pertaining to purchasing a firearm at a gun show are exactly the same at a gun show as they are anywhere else in this country.  ...  The operation of law is EXACTLY the same at a gun show as it is anywhere else. 
FACT
Quote:Private individuals do not have the legal authority to access the information necessary to perform the background check.  This would mean that Americans could only obtain a firearm through a federally licensed firearms dealer. 
FACT 
Quote:In response to the Sandy Hook shootings Obama will introduce legislation calling for more extensive background checks.   A more extensive background check would have done nothing to prevent the deaths of these 26 people. 
FACT  
Quote: The media has chosen sides, and haven chosen sides, contrarian information will be blocked and the public will not have the details necessary to make informed choices.
FACT

There you go Robert.
1-10 are opinions not fact. Sad you can't tell the difference but I guess that is why you watch Faux Boobs.
12-25-2012 10:30 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(12-25-2012 10:30 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
FACT 
FACT
FACT 
FACT
FACT
FACT 
FACT
FACT 
FACT  
FACT

There you go Robert.
1-10 are opinions not fact. Sad you can't tell the difference but I guess that is why you watch Faux Boobs.

After your deplorable display of cracking jokes after SH...nothing you post is worthy of reading. You are a sad..pathetic human being. :muttering:
12-25-2012 11:29 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-25-2012 11:29 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(12-25-2012 10:30 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
FACT 
FACT
FACT 
FACT
FACT
FACT 
FACT
FACT 
FACT  
FACT

There you go Robert.

After your deplorable display of cracking jokes after SH...nothing you post is worthy of reading. You are a sad..pathetic human being. :muttering:
Do you want to know what is a joke? The hard core pro-gun nutjobs like you and GTS. I will make fun of your stupidity EVERY time you spew the "guns deter crime so we need more guns on the street" bull ****.
12-25-2012 12:12 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Guns don't deter crimes... if you simply ignore all the times they do.
12-25-2012 12:44 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Wow. According to Robert, 62 school age children have NOT been shot and killed in Chicago schools this year. That is simply an "opinion". I would wager most of those children were minorities. Why the racism, Robert? Aren't the murders of young black children just as important and newsworthy as the murders of white children?
12-25-2012 01:05 PM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
I haven't read much of this thread, but I am a Democrat and a Liberal (at least by right wing standards). I am for gun ownership and would stand for others right to own a gun as long as they are responsible and none threatening to others with it. I don't want someone who doesn't know how to be responsible with their firearm to be able to buy one, much less carry it in public. I think if you don't have the mentality to reason when you should or shouldn't shoot the gun then you don't buy one. I have no use for a gun owner who thinks they need 30 or more rounds, or a military type weapon for other than display and that weapon should be disabled since there is no real reason to own one. I was trained and was an expert with a M-16 and wouldn't own one because I don't know what I would need it for. I have also been in the position 2 times in my life where I had to make the choice to kill someone with the weapon I had in my hand, and one time it was a Badder Meinhoff Terrorist that my decision not only affected my living or dying, but to have shot and killed the terrorists before they touched the ground under U S control would have ruined my career and my life since it would have been an international incident. It was very close since the terrorist were on top of the fence and about to jump. I had to let them jump and if they jumped on our side I could have shot them (they had weapons ready for use), but fortunately they jumped on the German side. The others with me all said, as did I, that it was hard not to open fire with them on top of the fence and only our intense training kept us from doing so. The other time I had a drug dealer with a gun that had pointed his gun at me and I had my gun so I brought it up to shoot, but my dog instead bit his hand and I didn't have to shoot. Guns are just tools and like any tool they should be used properly. Sadly I see too many gun owners who aren't responsible. That has to change and the best change would be the NRA and other gun groups spending more time educating them.
12-25-2012 01:16 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-25-2012 01:05 PM)boss man Wrote:  Wow. According to Robert, 62 school age children have NOT been shot and killed in Chicago schools this year. That is simply an "opinion". I would wager most of those children were minorities. Why the racism, Robert? Aren't the murders of young black children just as important and newsworthy as the murders of white children?
I would wager you are a racist a-hole. FACT.
12-25-2012 02:37 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(12-25-2012 01:16 PM)SgtGoldenEagle Wrote:  I haven't read much of this thread, but I am a Democrat and a Liberal (at least by right wing standards). I am for gun ownership and would stand for others right to own a gun as long as they are responsible and none threatening to others with it. I don't want someone who doesn't know how to be responsible with their firearm to be able to buy one, much less carry it in public. I think if you don't have the mentality to reason when you should or shouldn't shoot the gun then you don't buy one. I have no use for a gun owner who thinks they need 30 or more rounds, or a military type weapon for other than display and that weapon should be disabled since there is no real reason to own one. I was trained and was an expert with a M-16 and wouldn't own one because I don't know what I would need it for. I have also been in the position 2 times in my life where I had to make the choice to kill someone with the weapon I had in my hand, and one time it was a Badder Meinhoff Terrorist that my decision not only affected my living or dying, but to have shot and killed the terrorists before they touched the ground under U S control would have ruined my career and my life since it would have been an international incident. It was very close since the terrorist were on top of the fence and about to jump. I had to let them jump and if they jumped on our side I could have shot them (they had weapons ready for use), but fortunately they jumped on the German side. The others with me all said, as did I, that it was hard not to open fire with them on top of the fence and only our intense training kept us from doing so. The other time I had a drug dealer with a gun that had pointed his gun at me and I had my gun so I brought it up to shoot, but my dog instead bit his hand and I didn't have to shoot. Guns are just tools and like any tool they should be used properly. Sadly I see too many gun owners who aren't responsible. That has to change and the best change would be the NRA and other gun groups spending more time educating them.
Wow. A guy wwith the name that includes Sgt is pro-gun. Imagine that!
12-25-2012 02:38 PM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-25-2012 02:38 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(12-25-2012 01:16 PM)SgtGoldenEagle Wrote:  I haven't read much of this thread, but I am a Democrat and a Liberal (at least by right wing standards). I am for gun ownership and would stand for others right to own a gun as long as they are responsible and none threatening to others with it. I don't want someone who doesn't know how to be responsible with their firearm to be able to buy one, much less carry it in public. I think if you don't have the mentality to reason when you should or shouldn't shoot the gun then you don't buy one. I have no use for a gun owner who thinks they need 30 or more rounds, or a military type weapon for other than display and that weapon should be disabled since there is no real reason to own one. I was trained and was an expert with a M-16 and wouldn't own one because I don't know what I would need it for. I have also been in the position 2 times in my life where I had to make the choice to kill someone with the weapon I had in my hand, and one time it was a Badder Meinhoff Terrorist that my decision not only affected my living or dying, but to have shot and killed the terrorists before they touched the ground under U S control would have ruined my career and my life since it would have been an international incident. It was very close since the terrorist were on top of the fence and about to jump. I had to let them jump and if they jumped on our side I could have shot them (they had weapons ready for use), but fortunately they jumped on the German side. The others with me all said, as did I, that it was hard not to open fire with them on top of the fence and only our intense training kept us from doing so. The other time I had a drug dealer with a gun that had pointed his gun at me and I had my gun so I brought it up to shoot, but my dog instead bit his hand and I didn't have to shoot. Guns are just tools and like any tool they should be used properly. Sadly I see too many gun owners who aren't responsible. That has to change and the best change would be the NRA and other gun groups spending more time educating them.
Wow. A guy wwith the name that includes Sgt is pro-gun. Imagine that!

I served in 2 branches of the U S military (Air Force and Navy) and was a none commissioned officer. I was trained in law enforcement and security and also trained for combat for Vietnam. I got injuried in training and by the time I recovered they stopped sending troops there so I was spared that. I don't own a gun currently and have no plans to ever own another gun and never needed one (the incident with the drug dealer I had a gun at the urging of my cousin and took it to shut him up) to defend myself in my 60 years of life. I have lived in bad neighborhoods, stopped intruders into my neighbors home without use of a gun, and have hunted without feeling the need for a clip with a capacity of more than 10 rounds. If you need more then you shouldn't be hunting because you are too poor a shot to touch a gun, and no need to use a military type weapon hunting is a fools idea and too stupid to be using a gun. As for home defense I have seen too many get hurt or killed with their own weapons, unless the intruder decided not to use the person's gun on them. I certainly think any gun owner should be licensed and have to meet reasonable standards to own the gun. I just think it sensible to expect gun owners to be safe with their weapons to society and to themselves.
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2012 03:03 PM by SgtGoldenEagle.)
12-25-2012 03:01 PM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

(12-25-2012 10:30 AM)RobertN Wrote:  1-10 are opinions not fact. Sad you can't tell the difference but I guess that is why you watch Faux Boobs.

Sad you can't tell the difference between fact and opinion. Sure there may be some conclusions drawn that are influenced by opinion, but its hard to argue that anything I posted and quoted as fact does not at a very bare minimum contain a factual basis for the argument if not outright statistical fact. I guess will be count you ability to discern fact from opinion right up there with your ability to understand sentence structure and basic definitions of words.
12-25-2012 06:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.