Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OOC Revenue Sports Rivalries: Who would you like to see your school play?
Bookmark and Share
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
OOC Revenue Sports Rivalries: Who would you like to see your school play?
Who would you like to see your school play (or continue to play) annually or very regularly OOC in football and basketball? (For the hockey schools we'll throw that in too. For the LAX schools we'll throw that in.)

Rutgers:
Football: Syracuse (annually), UConn, Pitt, WVU, Navy, Army (all these regularly)
Basketball: Seton Hall (annually), WVU, Cuse, UConn, Pitt, St. John's, Villanova (all these regularly)
Lacrosse: Syracuse, Georgetown, Navy, Army (all these regularly)
12-27-2012 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
RE: OOC Revenue Sports Rivalries: Who would you like to see your school play?
Maryland
Football: Virginia, Navy
Basketball: Duke
Lacrosse: Hopkins, Navy, Virginia
12-27-2012 12:27 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
There's really not any non-Big Ten school I'd like Ohio State to play every year or even all that regularly. For football, if we stick to 8 games, I kind of liked this set-up for out of conference.

Game 1: I-AA or lower I-A at home. There's limited practice and no scrimmages in college football. I want them to have one game to work out the basic bugs.

Game 2: MAC or equivalent team in Cincinnati or Cleveland (home game). Ohio State played an official road game against Toledo in Cleveland a couple years ago and it occurred to me that it would be neat to have one home game a year rotate around the state. Realistically I think Cleveland and Cincinnati are the only two that could make it worthwhile though financially.

Game 3: Home and home against middle tier team in power conference or upper in non-power conference This could include teams like TCU, California, BYU, Boise State, etc.

Game 4: Home and Home with a traditional power. This could be something like USC, Texas, Notre Dame, LSU, etc.

If we go to 9 conference games (which I hope is likely), then some years cut out game 2 and others cut out game 3 (edit: or combine them and play those type of teams in Cincinnati or Cleveland).

Basketball: Honestly I don't follow non-conference play all that much as it just doesn't seem to matter much. Outside of the Big Ten-ACC Challenge, I've only watched bits and pieces of games so far (although I'll be fully into conference play). I guess I'd like as many games against the Kansas, Dukes, UCLAs, of the basketball world.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 01:09 PM by ohio1317.)
12-27-2012 01:06 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
I will add though, that if the conference sticks to 8 conference games or continues to use locked crossovers, I hope Ohio State schedules some Big Ten schools out of conference (even though I don't think they would).
12-27-2012 01:10 PM
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

Donators
(12-27-2012 01:10 PM)ohio1317 Wrote:  I will add though, that if the conference sticks to 8 conference games or continues to use locked crossovers, I hope Ohio State schedules some Big Ten schools out of conference (even though I don't think they would).

My gut instinct is going to 14 will bring back the 9 game conference schedule, but that will include locked crossovers.

A 6-1-2 setup isn't that bad provided they do the inner-outer division setup as well.
12-27-2012 02:59 PM
UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I would like to see Rutgers continue to play UConn, Syracuse and Temple regularly in football and a Florida team for recruiting purposes. On the hoops side Seton Hall is the one game I would be crushed if Rutgers did play every year.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 03:54 PM by UpStreamRedTeam.)
12-27-2012 03:54 PM
General Mike Offline
1st String

Depends on how many games OOC Rutgers is allowed, especially since one will be a FCS team.

If it's 3, I'd like them to rotate thru Syracuse, UConn, Pitt, Temple and WVU, and then one game against a team like they currently have scheduled (UCLA, Miami, Kansas, etc)

If it's 4, I'd like the same thing, but would be willing to add Army or Navy back to the schedule, but not every year.
12-28-2012 07:41 PM
Advertisement

DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
MSU: I'd like to see a constant game with CMU, Notre Dame and then schedule some mid majors (football wise) like Cincy, Toledo, Temple, UCF, USF (I hate them and their fans, would love to see Sparty kick the Bullcrap outta South Florida) and if their is a 4th OOC game I'd want them to schedule EMU, Ohio, Ball State, etc.

Basketball: Start of year kickoff facing a top ACC school, Detroit, Oakland, and 1 directional.
12-29-2012 12:33 AM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
We're not a mid-major?
12-30-2012 07:34 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
(12-30-2012 07:34 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  We're not a mid-major?

Football wise since you are in the top non bcs conference after next year.
01-01-2013 03:05 PM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
Rrrrrrrrright
01-04-2013 02:47 AM
megadrone Offline
1st String

Rutgers:

Football: 1 service academy, 1 FCS game (since we're stuck with that but play Villanova, Delaware, CAA school with the occasional nod toward Lehigh or Lafayette, our Middle 3 foes), 1 Northeast game (Temple, UConn, Syracuse, Pitt or BC), 1 Game against Power 4. If the Big 10 goes with 9 conference games merge the service academy/Northeast game
Basketball: Seton Hall, Princeton, 1 game against the Big Priest, 1 game against the "old" football big east (Temple/WVU/Cincinnati preferably)
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 02:54 PM by megadrone.)
01-04-2013 02:52 PM
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

For Football I'd like to see us rotate the academies, Fla schools and Temple & UWV. I can't see any reason to play UConn pitt or cuse anymore.
Basketball means SH once a year. I'd toss in SJs and Fordham just to keep us playing in NYC and Temple and the A-10 schools to be in Philly.
Lax is a different world. We can go after Stonybrook, Townsend, UDel and UMass for big OOC games.
01-07-2013 07:41 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
(01-07-2013 07:41 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  For Football I'd like to see us rotate the academies, Fla schools and Temple & UWV. I can't see any reason to play UConn pitt or cuse anymore.
Basketball means SH once a year. I'd toss in SJs and Fordham just to keep us playing in NYC and Temple and the A-10 schools to be in Philly.
Lax is a different world. We can go after Stonybrook, Townsend, UDel and UMass for big OOC games.

Townsend?
01-07-2013 10:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.