Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC vs. the world
wildthing202 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ND & BC
ACC vs. the world
Is it just me or have there been a big influx of ACC doomsday people lately?
First it was the BE/WVU posters, then the Big12 posters and now there's this asinine 20 team conference crap from the B1G/SEC posters.

Is there any conference that doesn't want the ACC dead at this point?

I hope they get this proposed ACC Network up and running soon so we can just crush them in revenue thanks to the larger population in ACC territory.
01-07-2013 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
RE: ACC vs. the world
Doomsday predictions are sexy. That's why, in my opinion, people like to read them and repost them.

I think the ACC's on solid footing moving forward. There are obviously improvements that need to be made for the conference, however, all in all I don't see the conference going anywhere for a long, long time.
01-07-2013 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wildthing202 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ND & BC
RE: ACC vs. the world
Just for fun my ACC empire:

LHN = ACCN

Add Texas and make them and ND play 6.
Add Cincy & UConn to get to 16 in football and if those B1G people are right then it could leave the door open for ND & Texas to become full time members which would allow for a 3 division set-up which would allow most teams to stay close to home.

North - Pitt, Syr, BC, ND, UConn, Cincy
Central - UVA, VT, UNC, Duke, NCST, Wake
South - GT, FSU, Clem, UL, Texas, Miami

It's not balanced but with a semi-final the South should get 2 teams most years.

To match BTN's content get a deal done with Hockey East via associate member status and even have some of them join in lacrosse to pad the conference's numbers(BU(2014), UMass, Providence, & Vermont). This would also allow for schools like Pitt and Syracuse to join in hockey in a conference with some other ACC members and not force BC & ND to leave HE for an ACC-only hockey conference.

This would increase the ACC to 16 full-time members, 2 part-time with the opportunity to join full-time & 9 hockey and/or lacrosse members giving the ACC 27 members.
01-13-2013 04:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.