Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Won't this administration look stupid if Prosser done deal?
Bookmark and Share
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Won't this administration look stupid if Prosser done deal?
I heard it again last night from more UCATS members. I was told that former UC coach Steve Moeller said that Prosser is already a done deal.

Zimpher and the BOT's are already on shaky ground, to say the least, with the fans. They claim they could care less what we think.

While I am not ant-Skip Prosser..............I feel cheated that if it is a done deal.........that the UC administration did not let the process carry itself out like they say it will. In other words, they are lying to us, right?

I am still so sad for Kirkland that he got hurt. I am also sad for his teammates because of the impact of that injury to their season. And lastly I am sad for AK and the fans because I think this team had the capability to do some damage with a healthy Kirkland and they were proving that.

Think about it. Kirkland had 12 points in the first 12 minutes of the UConn game. UC was withint 3 or 4 points at the final 3 minute mark of the game. Do they win that game on the road with a healthy Kirkland? Do they beat Xavier (yes they do) with a healthy Kirkland?

It is so frustrating because they had become one of the brightest stories of the basketball season and now they are even more handicapped. And I'm hearing how Chadd Moore is in bad shape but won't quit because he doesn't want to let down his teammates because they need extra bodies.

I was really hoping, before Kirkland went down, that this team would go to a minimum of the Sweet Sixteen and make this administration look bad.

I heard last night that UC purposely is not going to bat for Herrera because they don't want Andy Kennedy to have any more weapons or bodies for fear that he might succeed more than they ever thought. That is really sad and devious leadership.

This administration deserves to be taken outside, put in a line, and shot.

01-20-2006 08:42 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
Re: Won't this administration look stupid if Prosser done de
Bearcattitude Wrote:I heard last night that UC purposely is not going to bat for Herrera because they don't want Andy Kennedy to have any more weapons or bodies for fear that he might succeed more than they ever thought. That is really sad and devious leadership.

Nancy is a joke, and her administration is terrible, but I don't believe this.

01-20-2006 08:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zoroaster Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati

Fan, I agree with you. Nancy and her troop of clowns are horrible.

But have the very public display of her ineptitude by the failures of a once proud basketball program, will not serve her interests

01-20-2006 09:07 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

At this point UC needs to have a proven recruiter come in and fix the mess. Therefore I will not be upset if Prosser comes in, because he can at least bring in some talent and build a foundation that will be needed for the next coach.

AK might be a great recruiter, but he is not proven without having Bob Huggins name to throw out there as he is meeting with the kids.

01-20-2006 09:19 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

It comes down to this for me.

What is Mike Thomas doing? Is he working on anything? Is he not allowed to say anything because Nancy told him not to?

Does he have a plan or at least some ideas in place for the football program and raising attendance?

Has he put together a basketball coach search committee? Even if they have chosen someone already, has he ever even said "We are working on something, but I can't get into details"?

I have urged patience - even yesterday I did this.

But I'd like to at least hear something from him that shows we are ready to move forward.

01-20-2006 09:24 AM
Zoroaster Offline
All American

Fan,
He took the money. He makes more than UofLs AD/ Vice president makes.

It's a devil deal and I would expect him to last less than 5 years.

01-20-2006 09:27 AM
Advertisement

HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Donators

Prosser to UC is NOT a done deal. There is serious interest from both parties but it is far from a done deal.

Kennedy still has no chance of getting the job- due to his Huggins ties.

01-20-2006 02:00 PM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people

Does anyone else think the whole AK is not suitable because of his connection to Huggins is absolutely retarded.
The guy has done everything well since taking the job and said all the right and respectful things. He should be excluded because he worked under Huggs? Should they can the facilities guy who used to be the team manager under Huggs? Should they can the student manager next year? Should they can the secretarial staff or any of the academic assistance people for having "worked with Huggs." Better yet, should they exclude Skippy for maintaining a close friendship with Huggins for over 25 years?
I guess if Pitino was interested in the job HE should be excluded for his connections to Huggs (He actually hired one of Huggins former assistants). Same goes for Thad Matta.

01-20-2006 02:37 PM
Rathskeller_Crew Offline
All American

I Root For:

I'd hang a X flag outside of my house before I would root for any team led by err....ummmm Thad...errrrr Motta ummmm.

01-20-2006 02:40 PM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people

Uuuumm, and uuuhhhmm, I ahhhh, I ahhh thought we rebounded well and uuuhhmm, the uhhhhmmm, we played good defense and ahhhh.

That used to drive me nuts listening to him. Makes you wonder how he was able to recruit those studs. If he came into my kids living room uuhhmming and ahhing all over I would have not been impressed.

01-20-2006 02:43 PM
Catmandu Offline
1st String

I Root For:

HoopsJunky Wrote:Prosser to UC is NOT a done deal.

Whatever.

Yes it is a done deal.

01-20-2006 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcat Backer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Catmandu Wrote:

Whatever.

Yes it is a done deal.

Did your magic eight ball tell you this?

01-20-2006 09:15 PM
bobb Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC,KSU,MISS, WV

Bearcat Backer Wrote:
Catmandu Wrote:

Whatever.

Yes it is a done deal.

Did your magic eight ball tell you this?
do we accept one sweet 16 over the nest 10 years as a UPGRADE!

01-20-2006 09:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I'm neither for or against Prosser coming to UC.

But I do know this. Who in the hell else would want the job? There is a looming defection of the remaining players - Downey, Herrera, McGowan, Tilford........, no recruits coming in next year, fans rebelling against the administration and rightfully so, dwindling attendance and booster donations that will only get worse when this team is 1-29 next season..............

Why would any coach want this job?

And in the end........when Kennedy gets a job and does very, very well...........they may have missed out on the one guy that actually DID want the job.

It will be poetic justice for this administration.

01-20-2006 11:02 PM
HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

Donators

Quote:Whatever.

Yes it is a done deal.

Catmandu- since you know so much. When did UC meet with Prosser? How was the meeting arranged? When was the last time they spoke? Who was in the meeting?

Have they agreed on numbers?

01-21-2006 08:05 AM
Catmandu Offline
1st String

I Root For:

HoopsJunky Wrote:

Yes it is a done deal.

Catmandu- since you know so much. When did you UC meet with Prosser? How was the meeting arranged? When was the last time they spoke? Who was in the meeting?

for what it's worth this is also what Chuck Machock has said... hmmm
steve loyer, Chuck Machock, Andy Katz, seth davis, Catmandu... seems there's alot of people saying this...

it's ok... my feelings aren't hurt. Believe what you want, I've stopped trying to "prove" myself on message boards a long time ago.

Anyway... Prosser is the second best choice... (behind Kennedy) I just don't like that they keep telling us their looking and working throught the process blah blah blah

01-21-2006 10:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BDIAS Offline
All American

Donators

What does everyone think if we end up with Stallings from Vandy? I dont have a clue about his recruiting or coaching ability.

01-21-2006 11:58 AM
Rathskeller_Crew Offline
All American

I Root For:

I think he has done a decent job with what he has to work with. I was honestly surprised that Z seems to have chosen Prosser as tops on the list rather than Stallings. I figured the tie to Gordon Gee and his ability to recruit athletes to a school like Vandy would have put him at the top of the list.

Overall he seems to be a good coach, but not one I would be doing back flips over getting.

01-21-2006 12:02 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:I think he has done a decent job with what he has to work with. I was honestly surprised that Z seems to have chosen Prosser as tops on the list rather than Stallings. I figured the tie to Gordon Gee and his ability to recruit athletes to a school like Vandy would have put him at the top of the list.

Overall he seems to be a good coach, but not one I would be doing back flips over getting.

I agree. He isn't horrible, but nothing special either. I don't see Stallings creating much excitement around the program and bringing fans back. I don't think he has the star power to rebuild the program quickly either.

It wouldn't suprise me if that's who we end up with.

01-21-2006 12:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Catmandu Wrote:
HoopsJunky Wrote:

Yes it is a done deal.

Catmandu- since you know so much. When did you UC meet with Prosser? How was the meeting arranged? When was the last time they spoke? Who was in the meeting?

for what it's worth this is also what Chuck Machock has said... hmmm
steve loyer, Chuck Machock, Andy Katz, seth davis, Catmandu... seems there's alot of people saying this...

it's ok... my feelings aren't hurt. Believe what you want, I've stopped trying to "prove" myself on message boards a long time ago.

Anyway... Prosser is the second best choice... (behind Kennedy) I just don't like that they keep telling us their looking and working throught the process blah blah blah

I'll give you credit. Atleast you're not demanding, like Catswin, that we all bend over and give you the one eye salute because you are all-knowing. ;-)

01-21-2006 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.