Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Complaints About Acc Thread
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
Complaints About Acc Thread
(02-05-2013 06:57 PM)Villecard Wrote:  Twitter feed HERE also mentions he thinks the ACC TV contract will bring in more money and that "the chances are good" that the ACC would sign a GOR if the money is right in the new TV deal.

Again, TIFWIW, thought I would pass it along.

The TV deal best get us at a minimum $3 million per team/year so that we can stay within striking distance of the SEC/B1G or else the addition of Notre Dame's worthless sports and the loss of a bowl bid every year because of their parasitic football program isn't worth it. At that point the only value ND would bring is attendance, and Clemson can get that playing SEC teams OOC.

As for a GOR, If Jim Barker agrees to that he should be fired by text message and prohibited from even coming back to Clemson to pack. If we sign a GOR with a bunch of programs that have never given a tinker's damn about football we might as well tarp over the upper deck and invest all our money into baseball and hoops.
02-05-2013 07:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HtownOrange Offline
All American

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: FWIW, David Teel of Daily Press in VA says "nothing to" UVa to B1G
(02-05-2013 07:06 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 06:57 PM)Villecard Wrote:  Twitter feed HERE also mentions he thinks the ACC TV contract will bring in more money and that "the chances are good" that the ACC would sign a GOR if the money is right in the new TV deal.

Again, TIFWIW, thought I would pass it along.

The TV deal best get us at a minimum $3 million per team/year so that we can stay within striking distance of the SEC/B1G or else the addition of Notre Dame's worthless sports and the loss of a bowl bid every year because of their parasitic football program isn't worth it. At that point the only value ND would bring is attendance, and Clemson can get that playing SEC teams OOC.

As for a GOR, If Jim Barker agrees to that he should be fired by text message and prohibited from even coming back to Clemson to pack. If we sign a GOR with a bunch of programs that have never given a tinker's damn about football we might as well tarp over the upper deck and invest all our money into baseball and hoops.

The GOR is the least appealing nonsense there is in realignment discussions. Even the Big 12 knows that the GOR is only good for lining your bird cage.
02-05-2013 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
(02-05-2013 09:01 PM)Chris02M Wrote:  rumors had our updated tv deal at 19.5mil/yr per team

Then my initial impression that we got screwed royally in this ND deal are confirmed.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=587218&page=2
Post #15

We give them a home for their worthless sports, lose a bowl bid to them more years than not, and still are tail end charlie in the conference payout race.

The ACC.....it's craptastic!
02-05-2013 09:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

krux Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville
(02-05-2013 09:05 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 09:01 PM)Chris02M Wrote:  rumors had our updated tv deal at 19.5mil/yr per team

Then my initial impression that we got screwed royally in this ND deal are confirmed.

Post #15

We give them a home for their worthless sports, lose a bowl bid to them more years than not, and still are tail end charlie in the conference payout race.

Is he always this negative?
02-05-2013 09:13 PM
WNCOrange Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
(02-05-2013 09:13 PM)krux Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 09:05 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  

Post #15

Is he always this negative?

If I did not know better I would guess he was a yankee because man does he ***** like one.

I keed, I keed.
02-05-2013 09:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.