Again looks like TV values the A12 and MWC as about the same value
03-09-2013 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PlayBall! Online
1st String

I Root For: Kansas & Big XII
RE: MWC TV Deal will exceed $20 million per year. Final deal nearing
This low rate, per team, is surprising to me for such a good conference. How long is the term?
03-09-2013 12:04 PM
billings Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wyo / Mont St.
(03-09-2013 12:04 PM)PlayBall! Wrote:  This low rate, per team, is surprising to me for such a good conference. How long is the term?

7 years. This is TIER 1 And maybe tier 2 plus the CCG. Tier 3 will add small amounts that vary. I think total dela will be around $23 - $24 million

some also think ESPN just took over the new MWC digital channel we were about to launch but info just to vague to know what that means yet
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 01:07 PM by billings.)
03-09-2013 12:22 PM
billings Offline
1st String

Appears Hawaii also getting a unique TV deal from MWC.

Hawaii earns $2.3 Million from their own Private PPV TV deal. Hawaii press reporting that to keep that $2.3 million dollar Deal Hawaii is giving up its share of the MWC TV deal unless that deal goes over $2.3 million per team. SO Basically the MWC TV deal is now shared by 11 members and not 12 unless we get over $2.3 million per member , which we won't

http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=l...=196672901
03-09-2013 01:46 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
MWC expects to get "20M or above" according to article. A12 getting 22M for ESPN and CBS. Sounds like a wash. If one conf gets more it will be negligible.

"While the deal, which ESPN reported will reach $116 million, would increase the league's revenue to about $18 million annually, a league source with knowledge of the negotiations said the total average should reach $20 million or above once the title game and digital rights are finalized."

I wonder if the A12/BE still has a title game and digital rights to sell.
03-09-2013 01:56 PM
billings Offline
1st String

(03-09-2013 01:56 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  MWC expects to get "20M or above" according to article. A12 getting 22M for ESPN and CBS. Sounds like a wash. If one conf gets more it will be negligible.

"While the deal, which ESPN reported will reach $116 million, would increase the league's revenue to about $18 million annually, a league source with knowledge of the negotiations said the total average should reach $20 million or above once the title game and digital rights are finalized."

NO McMurphy tweeted that the A12 ESPN deal included the CCG
03-09-2013 02:22 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-09-2013 02:22 PM)billings Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 01:56 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  MWC expects to get "20M or above" according to article. A12 getting 22M for ESPN and CBS. Sounds like a wash. If one conf gets more it will be negligible.

NO McMurphy tweeted that the A12 ESPN deal included the CCG

Thanks, what about digital rights. I doubt either conf. is getting a whole lot for this anyway.
03-09-2013 02:33 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
The divide is even wider then before the new system. Top put it bluntly the Contract League with the worst TV Deal-(ACC) according to McMurphy after ND/louisville was added will make $19.5 Million Per School a year over the 15 Year Deal with look-ins.

The Aresco League/MWC will make between $20-22 Million per league a year-(not school). One has to wonder what if SDSU/Boise State would have stuck with the Aresco League would they have made more $$$ & not having to fight it out with Cincinnati for that Access Bowl Slot in the new system...07-coffee3
03-09-2013 02:34 PM
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-09-2013 02:34 PM)Maize Wrote:  The divide is even wider then before the new system. Top put it bluntly the Contract League with the worst TV Deal-(ACC) according to McMurphy after ND/louisville was added will make $19.5 Million Per School a year over the 15 Year Deal with look-ins.

The Aresco League/MWC will make between $20-22 Million per league a year-(not school). One has to wonder what if SDSU/Boise State would have stuck with the Aresco League would they have made more $$$ & not having to fight it out with Cincinnati for that Access Bowl Slot in the new system...07-coffee3

If Boise and SDSU stay in the BE, there's a chance that ESPN doesn't look at the MWC.

Thompson outsmarted Aresco on every front.
03-09-2013 03:05 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-09-2013 03:05 PM)jediwarrior Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 02:34 PM)Maize Wrote:  The divide is even wider then before the new system. Top put it bluntly the Contract League with the worst TV Deal-(ACC) according to McMurphy after ND/louisville was added will make $19.5 Million Per School a year over the 15 Year Deal with look-ins.

If Boise and SDSU stay in the BE, there's a chance that ESPN doesn't look at the MWC.

No, ESPN outsmarted everyone and is the true winner...they got a piece of every Contract League-(and exclusive rights to the ACC & some guaranteed games with ND fOotball) with total control of the College Football Post Season with the Top 2 GoF leagues on the cheap as weeknight filler....07-coffee3
03-09-2013 03:31 PM
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-09-2013 03:31 PM)Maize Wrote:  

No, ESPN outsmarted everyone and is the true winner...they got a piece of every Contract League-(and exclusive rights to the ACC & some guaranteed games with ND fOotball) with total control of the College Football Post Season with the Top 2 GoF leagues on the cheap as weeknight filler....07-coffee3

Sure ESPN is the winner...as is the MWC.

The loser is America 12.
03-09-2013 03:44 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-09-2013 03:44 PM)jediwarrior Wrote:  

The loser is America 12.

No...winners: ESPN, Fox & the 5 Contract Leagues
Losers: GoF and especially USF, UConn & Cincinnati with the biggest being the WAC.
Sunbelt, C-USA, MAC & MWC.

Boise State didn't really get the paycheck they thought they were getting & UConn, UC & USF were ejected from the "club" & replaced by Utah & TCU-(That why the MWC is a loser not even counting losing BYU)
03-09-2013 03:51 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
Thought the A12 deal was for 6 years
03-09-2013 03:53 PM
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-09-2013 03:51 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 03:44 PM)jediwarrior Wrote:  

The loser is America 12.

No...winners: ESPN, Fox & the 5 Contract Leagues
Losers: GoF and especially USF, UConn & Cincinnati with the biggest being the WAC.
Sunbelt, C-USA, MAC & MWC.

Boise State didn't really get the paycheck they thought they were getting & UConn, UC & USF were ejected from the "club" & replaced by Utah & TCU-(That why the MWC is a loser not even counting losing BYU)

How can the MWC not be a winner?

If Boise and SDSU don't come back, the MWC and CBS-SN don't restructure the contract. The MWC doesn't play on ESPN and expousure would still be nil.

Of course, we're not in the BIG 5's league. But we're better off than we were last week.

The MWC moved forward. America 12 moved backward. That's the only way mid-majors like us can measure success or failure.
03-09-2013 04:02 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

jedi warrior.

The only reason the MWC lured Boise/SDSU back was with a sweetheart deal, that every single president in the BE/A12 tuned down.

You know it, and I know it.
03-09-2013 04:12 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

No, like the "Former BIG EAST" the old MWC was gutted and now both are get'n crumbs from the Five Contract Leagues & the TV Networks.

Look'n @ it as a whole, the "Former BIG EAST" was booted from the club & the "Former MWC" the door has been completely shut for any upward mobility. At least in the "Old System" you had the opportunity to become an AQ League...now even that promise is gone.

What you got now is pennies from the Networks and just a little more exposure that will mainly be on Weeknights and if it is on a Thursday very few sportsfans will be watching because they will be watching the Thursday Night NFL Game. On Fridays you will be going head to head with HS, ACC & Pac 12 Football...
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 04:17 PM by Maize.)
03-09-2013 04:13 PM
Advertisement

jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-09-2013 04:12 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  jedi warrior.

The only reason the MWC lured Boise/SDSU back was with a sweetheart deal, that every single president in the BE/A12 tuned down.

That sweetheart deal really wasn't so sweet. Boise was looking for an "out", while trying to save face.

Thompson gave it to them.
03-09-2013 05:02 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

Maize, don't stand between the midget on midget violence. We are trying to decide who is the biggest midget by comparing two worthless TV contracts 03-nutkick
03-09-2013 05:09 PM
jediwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-09-2013 04:13 PM)Maize Wrote:  No, like the "Former BIG EAST" the old MWC was gutted and now both are get'n crumbs from the Five Contract Leagues & the TV Networks.

Look'n @ it as a whole, the "Former BIG EAST" was booted from the club & the "Former MWC" the door has been completely shut for any upward mobility. At least in the "Old System" you had the opportunity to become an AQ League...now even that promise is gone.

What you got now is pennies from the Networks and just a little more exposure that will mainly be on Weeknights and if it is on a Thursday very few sportsfans will be watching because they will be watching the Thursday Night NFL Game. On Fridays you will be going head to head with HS, ACC & Pac 12 Football...

Agree.

But like the times, we've all changed our focus.

It's not about our conference joining the BIG 5. It's about our individual schools joining the BIG 5.

That's the reality of today.
03-09-2013 05:11 PM
billings Offline
1st String

(03-09-2013 04:12 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  jedi warrior.

The Sweetheart Deal That Boise tried in the BE was not the same thing they ended up with in the MWC ya know. Apples to oranges there. Yes Boise did OK but with the BE TV collapsing and Boise having to pay the BW $1 million a year there was no way there were staying anyway.

Agree though that neither conference did all that well on TV and it is a draw
03-09-2013 05:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.