Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bad Vibe
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Bad Vibe
I think the ACC is about to lose a team or two.
03-13-2013 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Villecard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Bad Vibe
Why?
03-13-2013 05:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(03-13-2013 05:00 PM)Villecard Wrote:  Why?

Hope I'm not going dramaqueen

But Swarbick apparently said this:

"There will be some schools that make a decision to go here or there, but I don't see the main conference model (changing)," he said. "And I feel great about the ACC. I think in some ways -- with the addition of Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville -- it has positioned itself for a period of success which is going to be very high.
"When you look at what their football teams achieved this year -- Louisville, Florida State, Clemson, several programs on the rise -- I think it's all coming together perfectly for the ACC. And we're going to be fortunate we joined it when we did."

h/t: Arb
03-13-2013 05:03 PM
texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
He could be referring to other conferences as well.
03-13-2013 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Villecard Offline
Special Teams

I read that and think it to mean that other leagues will be shifting, not necessarily the ACC. The conference model not changing, meaning not going to 16 because he goes on to discuss that he feels good about the ACC. It seems right now that everything is trending upward for the ACC.
03-13-2013 05:22 PM
7fielder Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pittsburgh
Yeah, I don't that feeling from that Swarbirck comment at all?
03-13-2013 05:27 PM
Advertisement

Cardinals Offline
Special Teams

The first thing I thought was that he was referring to Maryland leaving after ND announced it was joining. It seemed to me to be him saying that the defection didn't bother him, but he didn't want to name Maryland specifically - just as a general principle.
03-13-2013 05:27 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

Well fromm his quote Clemson, Florida State, Louisville, Pitt, and Syracuse aren't going anywhere.
03-13-2013 06:02 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
The Swarbrick quote is coming from a Southbend Tribune article:

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/201...unner-kiel

He's telling why he doesn't believe the superconference model of 16 teams or more will come about:

"I've never subscribed to the mega-conference view," Swarbrick said Tuesday afternoon from Hartford, Conn., where he was taking in the final Big East women's basketball tournament involving the Irish and the first one in which they came away with the title.

"I don't think (the superconference model) works," he continued. "I don't think the geography works. I think now that you have all of these conferences that have done anywhere from 12- to 14-year television deals, it doesn't work -- at least not in the life expectancy of this AD."

That's not to say that Swarbrick feels all the shifting is over.

"There will be some schools that make a decision to go here or there, but I don't see the main conference model (changing)," he said. "And I feel great about the ACC. I think in some ways -- with the addition of Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville -- it has positioned itself for a period of success which is going to be very high.

The "some schools" in the above do not necessarily have to be ACC schools.

Cheers,
Neil
03-13-2013 06:06 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

He is slowly telling the ND fans that ND will play as a full football member soon in the ACC. 07-coffee3
03-13-2013 06:29 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Thanks for talking me off the ledge....
03-13-2013 06:42 PM
Advertisement

texasorange Offline
1st String

(03-13-2013 06:29 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  He is slowly telling the ND fans that ND will play as a full football member soon in the ACC. 07-coffee3

Now that is a creative interpretation!04-bow
03-13-2013 07:01 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(03-13-2013 06:29 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  He is slowly telling the ND fans that ND will play as a full football member soon in the ACC. 07-coffee3

My reading of that Germanic language called "English" does not lead me to that conclusion, Wilkie.
03-13-2013 07:52 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2013 06:06 PM)omniorange Wrote:  The Swarbrick quote is coming from a Southbend Tribune article:

He's telling why he doesn't believe the superconference model of 16 teams or more will come about:

"I've never subscribed to the mega-conference view," Swarbrick said Tuesday afternoon from Hartford, Conn., where he was taking in the final Big East women's basketball tournament involving the Irish and the first one in which they came away with the title.

"I don't think (the superconference model) works," he continued. "I don't think the geography works. I think now that you have all of these conferences that have done anywhere from 12- to 14-year television deals, it doesn't work -- at least not in the life expectancy of this AD."

Cheers,
Neil

My take:

Notre Dame, led by Jack Swabrick, would never have followed through and joined the ACC if he thought the conference was in any real jeopardy.

He would still be talking to the C7 if he had any doubts.
03-13-2013 07:54 PM
texasorange Offline
1st String

(03-13-2013 07:54 PM)TerryD Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 06:06 PM)omniorange Wrote:  The Swarbrick quote is coming from a Southbend Tribune article:

Cheers,
Neil

My take:

Notre Dame, led by Jack Swabrick, would never have followed through and joined the ACC if he thought the conference was in any real jeopardy.

He would still be talking to the C7 if he had any doubts.

Agreed Terry. There is no way Notre Dame boards a sinking ship when there are other alternatives available. But I do think ND will eventually become a full ACC member. I may be dead and buried by then but I do think it will happen (& I am 50 yrs. old).
03-13-2013 08:16 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I know this guy that works for the Arch Bishop and he says Notre Dame is ready to join ACC football. And the timing of it is just going to take a wee longer to break to the faithful. Remember I know these guys that are Notre Dame grads. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 01:43 AM by Wilkie01.)
03-13-2013 11:52 PM
Advertisement

krux Offline
Banned

Wilkie, you know I love ya but you haven't necessarily nailed much of this conference stuff lol

In all fairness neither have I hahaha
03-14-2013 12:41 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(03-13-2013 05:03 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

"When you look at what their football teams achieved this year -- Louisville, Florida State, Clemson, several programs on the rise -- I think it's all coming together perfectly for the ACC. And we're going to be fortunate we joined it when we did."

I have an inside source who informed me that he clearly he is talking about Catholic schools and how they are going to react to the shift in the balance of power in the Catholic Church. Mr. Swarbrick is happy with the ACC because Boston College, a member of the ACC, is a Jesuit organization, and the Pope is a Jesuit (for the first time in a LONG time). He mentioned Pittsburgh, Louisville and Syracuse because all three schools have extensive exchange programs in South America which is suddenly important for Notre Dame (ND), because the Pope is from South America and, by not being Jesuit, ND is starting out in a hole, so they need every advantage that they can get. That's also why he mentioned Louisville, Florida State, and Clemson's football teams. It's actually a misquote. He actually said "futball," which, in an effort to be more "Latino," is what he now calls "soccer." He is excited about their soccer teams because he thinks that they can catch on in Argentina.

My source also informed me that, as the newly elected leader of arguably the last bastion of the Roman Empire, who were the direct descendants of Troy, Pope Francis plans on reclaiming the name "Trojans" from all who soil the good name of His people, including the University of Southern California (USC). Naturally Notre Dame is elated, but, according to my top secret ND source, many ND admins are worried that He might come after them next in an attempt to "reclaim [sic] the good [sic] name of the Irish," which only heightens their desire to endear themselves to the Pope as much as possible.

Finally, I have it on good authority that Joe Biden is planning to meet with the Pope in the very near future. It's rumored that they are planning on discussing foreign policy issues, including an excommunication of all who associate themselves with Georgetown University, the Big XII, the BIG TEN, and the Southeastern Conference. A crusade may be imminent.

Obviously nothing is certain, but my sources have yet to be wrong. I hope that this clarified everything and I will keep you up-to-date of any new developments.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 01:21 AM by nzmorange.)
03-14-2013 01:17 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-14-2013 01:17 AM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 05:03 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

I have an inside source who informed me that he clearly he is talking about Catholic schools and how they are going to react to the shift in the balance of power in the Catholic Church. Mr. Swarbrick is happy with the ACC because Boston College, a member of the ACC, is a Jesuit organization, and the Pope is a Jesuit (for the first time in a LONG time). He mentioned Pittsburgh, Louisville and Syracuse because all three schools have extensive exchange programs in South America which is suddenly important for Notre Dame (ND), because the Pope is from South America and, by not being Jesuit, ND is starting out in a hole, so they need every advantage that they can get. That's also why he mentioned Louisville, Florida State, and Clemson's football teams. It's actually a misquote. He actually said "futball," which, in an effort to be more "Latino," is what he now calls "soccer." He is excited about their soccer teams because he thinks that they can catch on in Argentina.

My source also informed me that, as the newly elected leader of arguably the last bastion of the Roman Empire, who were the direct descendants of Troy, Pope Francis plans on reclaiming the name "Trojans" from all who soil the good name of His people, including the University of Southern California (USC). Naturally Notre Dame is elated, but, according to my top secret ND source, many ND admins are worried that He might come after them next in an attempt to "reclaim [sic] the good [sic] name of the Irish," which only heightens their desire to endear themselves to the Pope as much as possible.

Finally, I have it on good authority that Joe Biden is planning to meet with the Pope in the very near future. It's rumored that they are planning on discussing foreign policy issues, including an excommunication of all who associate themselves with Georgetown University, the Big XII, the BIG TEN, and the Southeastern Conference. A crusade may be imminent.

Obviously nothing is certain, but my sources have yet to be wrong. I hope that this clarified everything and I will keep you up-to-date of any new developments.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti, Amen!!!!!!!
03-14-2013 06:38 AM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-14-2013 06:38 AM)TerryD Wrote:  
(03-14-2013 01:17 AM)nzmorange Wrote:  It's rumored that they are planning on discussing foreign policy issues, including an excommunication of all who associate themselves with Georgetown University, the Big XII, the BIG TEN, and the Southeastern Conference. A crusade may be imminent.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti, Amen!!!!!!!

If the new Pope declares a Holy War on the BiG, I'll convert back and join in the crusade. 03-lmfao

Cheers,
Neil
03-14-2013 07:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.