Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Florida State QB Clint Trickett to transfer....
Florida State Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Florida State
Florida State QB Clint Trickett to transfer....
No schools have been mentioned yet as a possible transfer.

A couple of months ago I was talking with a few other Nole fans about the upcoming season and the Spring Game and one of them mentioned that by the first game of the season we would lose one QB.
He said that none of those 3 want to ride the bench as a back up and one would definitely leave. My guess was between Jameis Winston and Jacob Coker due to Trickett having the most experience.
Now I'm wondering if Jameis Winston's Spring game had anything to do with this. Now my next question is does Trickett's father stay on as O Line coach?

Wow, stay tuned....

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20130...cholarship
04-17-2013 03:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: Florida State QB Clint Trickett to transfer....
(04-17-2013 03:06 PM)Florida State Wrote:  No schools have been mentioned yet as a possible transfer.

A couple of months ago I was talking with a few other Nole fans about the upcoming season and the Spring Game and one of them mentioned that by the first game of the season we would lose one QB.
He said that none of those 3 want to ride the bench as a back up and one would definitely leave. My guess was between Jameis Winston and Jacob Coker due to Trickett having the most experience.
Now I'm wondering if Jameis Winston's Spring game had anything to do with this. Now my next question is does Trickett's father stay on as O Line coach?

Wow, stay tuned....

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20130...cholarship

WOW! Losing a coach's kid is big. They don't leave lightly. It might not be a bad thing, though. His departure is a signial that the position is crazy strong.
04-17-2013 06:39 PM
fsugrad99 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FSU
:D
04-17-2013 08:30 PM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
Heading to WVU?
04-17-2013 10:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
If he goes to the B12 or B10 you know someone will read way too much into it.
04-17-2013 10:30 PM
Advertisement

Florida State Offline
Water Engineer

This might get a little tougher than expected. We have 3 QB's on the roster now, Jameis Winston, Jacob Coker, and Sean Maguire. Coker has talked about transferring but now that Trickett is leaving, Coker will move up to either the 1 or 2 spot on the QB depth chart, most likely 2 behind Winston.
Coker was my pick to be the starter this year, 6'5 230 lbs and can run for a big QB, I hope he doesn't transfer, that would really suck for QB depth. Winston is the real deal but I'm not ready to call him the next Charlie Ward or better than Ward like some Nole fans already are.
As for schools that Trickett might transfer to I'm hearing USF or West Virginia.
04-18-2013 07:36 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
Yes I am reading the same reports on other sites on USF/WVU.

Not surprised at all. He is a junior and wants to play. Winston is going to be the starter and would have beaten him out regardless. Position is fine with Coker/McGuire backing him up.
04-18-2013 07:55 AM
Florida State Offline
Water Engineer

(04-18-2013 07:55 AM)Ragu Wrote:  Yes I am reading the same reports on other sites on USF/WVU.

Not surprised at all. He is a junior and wants to play. Winston is going to be the starter and would have beaten him out regardless. Position is fine with Coker/McGuire backing him up.

The position is fine as long as Coker is there and doesnt transfer. I'm just not sold on him staying although with Trickett leaving it makes things a little easier. Now if he does decide to transfer then we will be left with 2 scholarship QB's.
Not this year but before the 2014 season Coker either goes or stays. Right now FSU will need at least another QB commit by the 2015 season, we already have JJ Consentino (not yet signed) as part of the 2014 class.
04-18-2013 10:40 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Could be looking at UK with Stoops now the HC there.
04-20-2013 10:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.