Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The "Whine about Aresco" Thread
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Should Aresco be fired poll #2
Same question as last time. My vote is an even more resounding yes.
02-21-2013 11:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Should Aresco be fired poll #2
What does it matter. What more can go wrong?
02-21-2013 11:09 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(02-21-2013 11:09 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  What does it matter. What more can go wrong?

Ask yourself if you really want to know.04-jawdrop05-stirthepot
02-21-2013 11:10 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Why isn't NBC or Fox able to provide a counter offer? Just signing this deal doesn't make sense to me. If I was the BE I'd be seeing if other networks would be offering more money. If the BE doesn't then yea, I'd say Aresco should be fired.
02-21-2013 11:18 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Honestly, the good bowl tie ins are going to get pulled. That's the next boot to drop. He can negotiate tie ins with mid December who cares bowls but we all could do that.

The carcass is starting to stink.
02-21-2013 11:18 PM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Can the *****
02-21-2013 11:20 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

The original NBC deal was bad, but if we sign the same deal with ESPN to be midweek and ESPN3 fodder then Aresco is a bigger failure than I thought he was last week.
02-21-2013 11:23 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Yeah. Nice public speaker, but the primary area of his expertise has resulted in a mind numbingly collossal disaster. A good high school debate team could have negotiated a better deal.
02-21-2013 11:23 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
My vote is: Why does he still have a job? 07-coffee3
02-21-2013 11:52 PM
Pirate Rep Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
No he shouldn't. There are way many other culprits that brought us to this point than Aresco. Denial of those facts smells of agenda.
02-21-2013 11:59 PM
nastar36 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Did he push out Rutgers and Louisville? No
Did he invite schools without discussion and members voting? No
Did he accept a tv offer without taking it to the open market where every single channel on your direct tv could have bid on it? No
Did he publicly represent the Big East negatively? No
Did he turn down higher media deals? No
Could he demand and force a 120+ million dollar a year media deal? No

I realize it is human nature to want to blame somebody when things don't go as we would like, but it would be foolish to blame Aresco for the state the Big East is in. Way too many external factors changing things to blame one person.
02-22-2013 12:42 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

(02-21-2013 11:59 PM)Pirate Rep Wrote:  No he shouldn't. There are way many other culprits that brought us to this point than Aresco. Denial of those facts smells of agenda.

Throw out every mistake made up to the time he was hired. The rushed Tulane pick and discarding the NBC deal for a deal offering primarily weeknight/Internet only ESPN3 coverage is enough to show him the door. Weve already done this all eggs in ESPN's basket before and it didn't go very well.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 12:48 AM by Attackcoog.)
02-22-2013 12:46 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Hard to imagine it turning out any worse had we no acting commissioner at all.
02-22-2013 01:02 AM
pearland1 Offline
2nd String

(02-22-2013 01:02 AM)Kronke Wrote:  Hard to imagine it turning out any worse had we no acting commissioner at all.

Aresco is a mold from ESPN!!!!!!
02-22-2013 01:27 AM
Gopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cards
tbh the blame lies squarely on Pitt... they pioneered the rejection of the initial contract extension and then literally left a week later... had the schools accepted the 14m a year offer, the nBE schools would be in a better place financially regardless of being left out of the power 5 conferences...
02-22-2013 01:32 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(02-22-2013 01:32 AM)Gopper Wrote:  tbh the blame lies squarely on Pitt... they pioneered the rejection of the initial contract extension and then literally left a week later... had the schools accepted the 14m a year offer, the nBE schools would be in a better place financially regardless of being left out of the power 5 conferences...

Oh dear Jesus... Pitt and everyone would've left the league regardless of if that deal was signed or not.
02-22-2013 01:35 AM
Advertisement

Gopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cards
(02-22-2013 01:35 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 01:32 AM)Gopper Wrote:  tbh the blame lies squarely on Pitt... they pioneered the rejection of the initial contract extension and then literally left a week later... had the schools accepted the 14m a year offer, the nBE schools would be in a better place financially regardless of being left out of the power 5 conferences...

Oh dear Jesus... Pitt and everyone would've left the league regardless of if that deal was signed or not.

i never said that the 14m deal per school would hold the schools together... im saying that pitt's ad who was so instrumental in rejecting the original espn contract could have accepted before leaving...

food for thought, but this new contract really puts into perspective what tv execs really think of Cincy, UConn, USF, UCF, Memphis, SMU, Houston, ECU... thought BE had allstar line up w/ Aresco and the PAC12 TV Guys...
02-22-2013 01:42 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(02-22-2013 01:42 AM)Gopper Wrote:  

i never said that the 14m deal per school would hold the schools together... im saying that pitt's ad who was so instrumental in rejecting the original espn contract could have accepted before leaving...

food for thought, but this new contract really puts into perspective what tv execs really think of Cincy, UConn, USF, UCF, Memphis, SMU, Houston, ECU... thought BE had allstar line up w/ Aresco and the PAC12 TV Guys...

ESPN would've pulled that contract & restructured it is what I'm saying. Plus it was a shady deal by ESPN regardless. It was a wise move to reject that deal. The Big East prob would've gotten a lot more in the open market if we all stuck together. Its a shame, but pinning this 2-3M per team a year deal on Pitt here is disingenuous.
02-22-2013 01:56 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

Who would vote no at this point? If we end up with ESPN Aresco will have pulled off the amazing feet of minimizing exposure and money. At least with the NBC deal there were selling points and arguments that could be made that this might have some long term upside. This ESPN deal has no upside. It's trash money, trash exposure, trash marketing, and trash game times.
02-22-2013 08:35 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

(02-22-2013 01:42 AM)Gopper Wrote:  

Food for thought, stay classy buddy.
02-22-2013 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.