Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#MT2CUSA
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
#MT2CUSA
Pretty substantial effort by MT today to capitalize on the news. Check out the hashtag for more pics...

[Image: BOG1b2SCQAAIysL.jpg:large]
07-01-2013 02:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
RE: #MT2CUSA
Looks like both FAU and MTSU went all out.
07-01-2013 02:37 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
This plane is going to fly over Nashville for a couple of hours today as well and with tons of interviews with the AD, coaches, etc, there is a saturation of Middle Tennesssee and C-USA on the airwaves across Nashville and the mid-state.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 02:41 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
07-01-2013 02:40 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Your enthusiasm gives me a good feeling. Opposite of those who are leaving and have nothing but bad things to say about C-USA. WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES. I hope that you'll continue being proud of your new digs.
07-01-2013 02:47 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(07-01-2013 02:40 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  This plane is going to fly over Nashville for a couple of hours today as well and with tons of interviews with the AD, coaches, etc, there is a saturation of Middle Tennesssee and C-USA on the airwaves across Nashville and the mid-state.

6 and 10 news coverage on every Nashville station tonight. The sky banner was very impressive moving up and down I-24. This was done right as usual for Chris Massaro and crew. Very impressive and great response from the Middle TN media.
07-01-2013 04:42 PM
blueraider315 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Middle Tenn
I was never a huge Belt fan, and always wanted to get out (mainly the leaders who i didn't like), but Massaro said on the radio that we should never bash the Belt because thats where we came from and doing so diminishes our brand, because they made up who we are today. Made a lot of sense.
07-01-2013 05:33 PM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
I think our marketing department has really hit a home run with this. Our brand just skyrocketed in Middle Tennessee.
07-01-2013 05:35 PM
WestEndRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
Kinda bitter sweet, I'm gonna miss playing our Sun Belt foes, but I also know this is a new chapter with many more great memories ahead.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 06:30 PM by WestEndRaider.)
07-01-2013 06:29 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
If we make as much progress in C-USA as we did from the OVC to the Sun Belt, then the sky is the limit.

Excited about our future, and looking forward to meeting the passionate fans of other teams in our new conference.

I am leaving one of my very good friends behind in Lafayette, though. I will really miss visiting there.
07-01-2013 08:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-01-2013 08:46 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  If we make as much progress in C-USA as we did from the OVC to the Sun Belt, then the sky is the limit.

Excited about our future, and looking forward to meeting the passionate fans of other teams in our new conference.

I am leaving one of my very good friends behind in Lafayette, though. I will really miss visiting there.

After the way our 9-4 seniors were snubbed by Benson and his SunBelt Bowl partners last season, it is still extremely hard for me to be gracious to that bunch.
07-01-2013 09:11 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

[Image: BOHR2HYCUAAuTxR.jpg:large]

Complete 'MT to C-USA' Photo Slide Show : http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/68569
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 09:44 PM by KAjunRaider.)
07-01-2013 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
(07-01-2013 09:11 PM)TG4 Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 08:46 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  If we make as much progress in C-USA as we did from the OVC to the Sun Belt, then the sky is the limit.

After the way our 9-4 seniors were snubbed by Benson and his SunBelt Bowl partners last season, it is still extremely hard for me to be gracious to that bunch.

Get a grip. Geez. Benson and the Belt didn't keep you out of a bowl. Circumstances kept you out of a bowl. State had to go. and No one is taking you over ULL in NOLA. As for detroit, we were over an hour closer and were a much more motivated fan base.

As for the Sky Banner... 01-wingedeagle Todd, please do not do anything that foolish. Hopefully our marketing department acts like we belong, and not like CUSA was a life line in the storm...
07-01-2013 09:58 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(07-01-2013 02:47 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Your enthusiasm gives me a good feeling. Opposite of those who are leaving and have nothing but bad things to say about C-USA. WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES. I hope that you'll continue being proud of your new digs.
+1 on all of this, and just to add that not all of those who are leaving are anti-C-USA. Not even a majority of them, in fact.
07-01-2013 09:59 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(07-01-2013 09:58 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  

Get a grip. Geez. Benson and the Belt didn't keep you out of a bowl. Circumstances kept you out of a bowl. State had to go. and No one is taking you over ULL in NOLA. As for detroit, we were over an hour closer and were a much more motivated fan base.

As for the Sky Banner... 01-wingedeagle Todd, please do not do anything that foolish. Hopefully our marketing department acts like we belong, and not like CUSA was a life line in the storm...

Oh really ? Benson promoted MT for a Bowl ? Not per my contacts he didn't.

He even persuaded us not to sign on the dotted line for the bowl that San Jose State took. We had it before them, but Benson said "no".

At any rate, I'm glad we did not go to a bowl. Fired up our fanbase and saved us some money.
07-01-2013 10:07 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

We're foolish? Your marketing folks are gonna have their hands full during road games just keeping your head coach from being the butt of every student section sign prank.
07-01-2013 10:26 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(07-01-2013 10:26 PM)TG4 Wrote:  Your marketing folks are gonna have their hands full during road games just keeping your head coach from being the butt of every student section sign prank.
Petrino is enough of an ego-maniac that he will probably enjoy that.
07-01-2013 10:43 PM
Advertisement

RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
I have to admit-

I was rolling my eyes when some of the new schools were added. I felt UTEP, USM, Marshall, UAB, and Rice, were left hanging in the air.

Now, I see that ODU, UTSA, MT, and Charlotte, have their large fan bases believing they are stepping into a bigger stage, which is peaking interest.

This excitement has me truly believing that this conference has the potential of any other non-P5 conference. This is also the type of momentum that could have this conference outdrawing percieved "stronger" conferences.

In short.... You all are making me believe we are on to something special here.
07-01-2013 10:56 PM
LaserRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
Very excited about being part of the new C-USA
07-01-2013 10:59 PM
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
(07-01-2013 10:26 PM)TG4 Wrote:  

We're foolish? Your marketing folks are gonna have their hands full during road games just keeping your head coach from being the butt of every student section sign prank.

yes because our marketing department would do anything about something like that. If the best smack they have is about our coach's off field antics, that should be telling.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 11:11 PM by TOPPERSonTOP.)
07-01-2013 11:10 PM
TulsaEye Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa anon
(07-01-2013 09:59 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 02:47 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Your enthusiasm gives me a good feeling. Opposite of those who are leaving and have nothing but bad things to say about C-USA. WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES. I hope that you'll continue being proud of your new digs.
+1 on all of this, and just to add that not all of those who are leaving are anti-C-USA. Not even a majority of them, in fact.
+1 Can add me that has never said anything bad about C-USA. It has been a good home for Tulsa for the last 8 years. Yes there have been a few bad apples from some of the teams leaving. But they troll anyone and everyone to get there jollies.
07-01-2013 11:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.