Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"AAC should pay UCF's $2 million Fiesta Bowl bill"
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
UCF surrogate, Mike Bianchi writes this morning:

"It's not crippling and we can handle it," UCF President John Hitt says. "We just don't feel like we should have to. … You shouldn't place such a burden on the team that earns the money."

Translation: UCF won the league championship and is responsible for $17 million the Fiesta Bowl is paying the American Athletic Conference. Why should the American's bowl-less bottom-feeders like USF, Temple and Memphis make money on the league's bowl distribution pool while UCF loses a couple of million?

Link: I'm sure you guys can find it on your own b/c I'm not giving this guy any more traffic.
12-30-2013 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
RE: "AAC should pay UCF's $2 million Fiesta Bowl bill"
Bianchi needs to quit journalism.
12-30-2013 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(12-30-2013 01:22 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  UCF surrogate, Mike Bianchi writes this morning:

"It's not crippling and we can handle it," UCF President John Hitt says. "We just don't feel like we should have to. … You shouldn't place such a burden on the team that earns the money."

Translation: UCF won the league championship and is responsible for $17 million the Fiesta Bowl is paying the American Athletic Conference. Why should the American's bowl-less bottom-feeders like USF, Temple and Memphis make money on the league's bowl distribution pool while UCF loses a couple of million?

Link: I'm sure you guys can find it on your own b/c I'm not giving this guy any more traffic.

Just wow...UCF is going to get 4 Hours of advertising from being in that game and he writes this...issue is with the dumb article not UCF...05-nono
12-30-2013 01:32 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
LOL at calling Bianchi a "UCF surrogate."
12-30-2013 01:35 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Uhhh his argument is flawed.

BECAUSE of the conference, SOMEONE was getting that bowl bid. UCF won it by winning the conference, not in spite of it.

Bianchi is an idiot.
12-30-2013 01:36 PM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(12-30-2013 01:22 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  UCF surrogate, Mike Bianchi writes this morning:

It’s the same reason the basketball bottom feeders get a cut when Memphis and Temple receive NCAA tournament credits. No one school is bigger than the conference.
12-30-2013 01:41 PM
Advertisement

Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Bowl teams should get a bigger cut. Also lol at bianchi being a ucf surrogate. Don't read many of his columns do you OP?
12-30-2013 01:43 PM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis
Keep the cash.

And we'll keep our hoops credits.

Deal?
12-30-2013 01:50 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2013 01:36 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  Uhhh his argument is flawed.

BECAUSE of the conference, SOMEONE was getting that bowl bid. UCF won it by winning the conference, not in spite of it.

Bianchi is an idiot.

This idiot does not make you guys any friends. I realize that big time college athletics is not necessarily in the friends making business but when a guy who inserts himself as a mouthpiece for UCF takes shots at fellow conference schools....that is not good. I also realize the acrimony, real and made up, between USF and UCF....but USF is experiencing its FIRST down cycle in its history and not likely to be in this position moving forward for the same reason UCF has been able to overcome some horrific seasons. UCF may be getting the shaft this year but it will surely benefit down the road when it suffers a couple down season as all programs do.

If UCF or any other conference team has a problem with the revenue distribution model then they should submit their concerns to the conference agenda for consideration. However you can't do this ad hoc just b/c it's convenient for UCF this year.
12-30-2013 01:54 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2013 01:50 PM)Bambu Wrote:  Keep the cash.

Deal?

17mil vs your hoops credits? Deal. What does a sweet 16 run garner? Elite 8? Round of 32?
12-30-2013 01:54 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2013 01:54 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  

Bianchi is an idiot.

This idiot does not make you guys any friends. I realize that big time college athletics is not necessarily in the friends making business but when a guy who inserts himself as a mouthpiece for UCF takes shots at fellow conference schools....that is not good. I also realize the acrimony, real and made up, between USF and UCF....but USF is experiencing its FIRST down cycle in its history and not likely to be in this position moving forward for the same reason UCF has been able to overcome some horrific seasons. UCF may be getting the shaft this year but it will surely benefit down the road when it suffers a couple down season as all programs do.

If UCF or any other conference team has a problem with the revenue distribution model then they should submit their concerns to the conference agenda for consideration. However you can't do this ad hoc just b/c it's convenient for UCF this year.

Lmao what an overreaction. Everyone knows bianchi is a troll and hardly a mouthpiece for ucf. He's a gator grad and fan. Not even a ucf beat writer. He has zero connection to ucf.
12-30-2013 01:56 PM
Advertisement

Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

(12-30-2013 01:54 PM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  

Deal?

17mil vs your hoops credits? Deal. What does a sweet 16 run garner? Elite 8? Round of 32?

Quite a bit when you dance every year.

Got us out of CUSA for free.
12-30-2013 01:56 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2013 01:56 PM)Bambu Wrote:  

Deal?

Quite a bit when you dance every year.

Got us out of CUSA for free.
Serious question how many tourney wins does it take to earn 17mil? A few years worth at least? 15 tourney wins?
12-30-2013 01:58 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2013 01:32 PM)Maize Wrote:  

Just wow...UCF is going to get 4 Hours of advertising from being in that game and he writes this...issue is with the dumb article not UCF...05-nono

Perhaps, but UCF's President doesn't help the issue by stating It's not crippling and we can handle it," UCF President John Hitt says. "We just don't feel like we should have to. … You shouldn't place such a burden on the team that earns the money."

It's sounds like he is complaining about how the conference is being unfair to UCF. The fact is that there many unfair situations that old and new AAC teams have to deal with. It's unfair that despite having better on the field football and basketball the old BigEast got the shaft compared to the ACC....it's unfair that the New BIGEAST makes more than the new AAC for football and basketball. However, you don't hear UCONN, UC, Memphis and other schools complaining about having to share their basketball money with UCF. Comments like this don't add to conference stability.
12-30-2013 02:02 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2013 02:02 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  
(12-30-2013 01:32 PM)Maize Wrote:  

Perhaps, but UCF's President doesn't help the issue by stating It's not crippling and we can handle it," UCF President John Hitt says. "We just don't feel like we should have to. … You shouldn't place such a burden on the team that earns the money."

It's sounds like he is complaining about how the conference is being unfair to UCF. The fact is that there many unfair situations that old and new AAC teams have to deal with. It's unfair that despite having better on the field football and basketball the old BigEast got the shaft compared to the ACC....it's unfair that the New BIGEAST makes more than the new AAC for football and basketball. However, you don't hear UCONN, UC, Memphis and other schools complaining about having to share their basketball money with UCF. Comments like this don't add to conference stability.
Lol wow you are really butthurt. As if this conference has ever had any stability?
12-30-2013 02:03 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame

Deal?

In the ebbs and flows of college athletics, be careful of what you speak for multiple reasons.

Now for adult conversation......

Since the bowl pool is split among the conference members, there is some logic for some sort of accommodation for the league to cover a portion of unsold tickets.

And all that's happening in this thread is everyone reacting exactly like Bianchi intended. From what I've seen from him in the past, he's a master at stirring up stuff just to get responses. We shouldn't get sucked into his vortex. He's no better than that knucklehead in Huntington.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 02:12 PM by oldtiger.)
12-30-2013 02:06 PM
Advertisement

Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2013 02:06 PM)oldtiger Wrote:  

Deal?

In the ebbs and flows of college athletics, be careful of what you speak for multiple reasons.

Now for adult conversation......

Since the bowl pool is split among the conference members, there is some logic for some sort of accommodation for the league to cover a portion of unsold tickets.
Eh I am really curious. I looked it up, each credit is worth approx $220k. So it would take 79.5 wins to equal the bcs payout of 17.5m. That is a ton of wins needed, so yes I'd gladly make the deal of Memphis can keep their credits while ucf keeps the bcs bowl money. That's 13 straight championships worth of bball wins.
12-30-2013 02:13 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2013 01:56 PM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  

Bianchi is an idiot.

Lmao what an overreaction. Everyone knows bianchi is a troll and hardly a mouthpiece for ucf. He's a gator grad and fan. Not even a ucf beat writer. He has zero connection to ucf.

He regularly covers and champions UCF. He has free and frequent access to university leadership who obviously doesn't mind when the Bianchi bashes USF. That is why I call him a convenient surrogate b/c he can say things that UCF's administration may be thinking...but can't publicly say. He lets them stay above the fray. Again, Hitt's comments essentially conveys the same message Bianchi published.

For better or for worse, this is the cost of doing business.
12-30-2013 02:14 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
I'll defend Mike here. The AAC should take any expenses of a BCS bowl then distribute the money after expenses are paid. That is the only fair way to do it in the future. I have no issues with revenue sharing but it is ridiculous that the best team gets a financial hit while the ones that stay home make around a million.
12-30-2013 02:14 PM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

(12-30-2013 02:14 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  
(12-30-2013 01:56 PM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  

Bianchi is an idiot.

He regularly covers and champions UCF. He has free and frequent access to university leadership who obviously doesn't mind when the Bianchi bashes USF. That is why I call him a convenient surrogate b/c he can say things that UCF's administration may be thinking...but can't publicly say. He lets them stay above the fray. Again, Hitt's comments essentially conveys the same message Bianchi published.

For better or for worse, this is the cost of doing business.
You are crazy. Ucf fans hate bianchi more than anyone. It's a real stretch to say he champions ucf outside of a few rare instances. Even picked us to lose to UL by 21+ this year. It'd be like saying mcmurphy is a usf homer and mouthpiece. Simply not true.
12-30-2013 02:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.