Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlotte Needs a Unity
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
Charlotte Needs a Unity
The Niner Nation needs unity and the odds are that will mean a change of leadership with the AD & Men's basketball coach. Major has underachieved but it's deeper than that. For many 49er fans (like it or not) he's Judy's first after her professional two timing break up with Lutz.

It appears this year's Halton Arena attendance is the lowest in the 18 years the niners have played in it. If Judy believes in Major enough to give him another year it would be nice if she would agree to bow out with him if next year is a failure.

To increase attendance at Halton it's going to take a change of strategy. Fans are not going to return to watch Big South, Southern Conference, teams. And the big boys from the ACC, SEC ect. are not coming to town. So it's going to take A10, AAC,MWC, Big East teams. Wichita & Gonzaga to turn things around.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 08:28 PM by Rabonchild.)
03-12-2014 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Charlotte Needs a Unity
Even getting A10, Big East, etc caliber programs in Halton will be difficult until we put a few successful seasons behind us.

Major SHOULD be fired after this season, but he won't be. We're stuck with him for another year.

Judy isn't going anywhere unless she decides to retire. When you have a small group of large donors that largely like Judy, they decide her fate, not her performance.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 07:53 PM by Niner National.)
03-12-2014 07:52 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I just thought of who Major looks like.

Any old Bloom County readers remember Oliver Wendell Jones, Jr.?

[Image: oliver_wendell_jones_in_love_post_cards-...vr_512.jpg]
03-12-2014 08:43 PM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
Charlotte's attendance problem is an inferior product! Mostly that on the court, but advertising and atmosphere are a downer too.
03-13-2014 10:32 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2014 10:32 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Charlotte's attendance problem is an inferior product! Mostly that on the court, but advertising and atmosphere are a downer too.

This.

Winning will put people back in the arena. The problem is that attendance lags behind winning.

Let's say Charlotte has a great year next year. The arena will be mostly empty because of the disappointing year we had this year (+ the last 7 years).
03-13-2014 10:36 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

(03-12-2014 07:45 PM)Rabonchild Wrote:  The Niner Nation needs unity and the odds are that will mean a change of leadership with the AD & Men's basketball coach. Major has underachieved but it's deeper than that. For many 49er fans (like it or not) he's Judy's first after her professional two timing break up with Lutz.

It appears this year's Halton Arena attendance is the lowest in the 18 years the niners have played in it. If Judy believes in Major enough to give him another year it would be nice if she would agree to bow out with him if next year is a failure.

To increase attendance at Halton it's going to take a change of strategy. Fans are not going to return to watch Big South, Southern Conference, teams. And the big boys from the ACC, SEC ect. are not coming to town. So it's going to take A10, AAC,MWC, Big East teams. Wichita & Gonzaga to turn things around.

How many of these threads are you going to create? You seem to think Judy and Major read the message boards.
03-13-2014 10:43 AM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2014 10:43 AM)wh49er Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 07:45 PM)Rabonchild Wrote:  The Niner Nation needs unity and the odds are that will mean a change of leadership with the AD & Men's basketball coach. Major has underachieved but it's deeper than that. For many 49er fans (like it or not) he's Judy's first after her professional two timing break up with Lutz.

How many of these threads are you going to create? You seem to think Judy and Major read the message boards.
I'm thinking he might be Major.

He and Major are the only people I've ever seen use the phrase "the niner nation"
03-13-2014 10:53 AM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I think the two of you are Judy & Major. You don 't have to read what I post. I find it interesting that the two of you would regularly be offended & feel the need to respond. When there is something positive about Niner nation basketball I will be on it as quick as a chicken on a June bug. You ought be happy someone cares enough about Charlotte to even post. There aren't many of us left. Apathy has emptied the building.
03-13-2014 11:05 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

Not offended. I mostly agree, you just post the same damn thing over and over again. All your threads are exactly the same.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014 11:09 PM by Niner National.)
03-13-2014 11:08 PM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

(03-13-2014 11:08 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Not offended. I mostly agree, you just post the same damn thing over and over again. All your threads are exactly the same.

Then don't read them. I won't be offended. You respond the exact same way every time. When there is good news I will be on here like a crowing rooster on a picket fence.
03-13-2014 11:25 PM
wh49er Offline
All American

Everyone wants Major fired today and Judy gone within the next 2 years. You're just being Captain Obvious at this point.
03-14-2014 09:01 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

(03-14-2014 09:01 AM)wh49er Wrote:  Everyone wants Major fired today and Judy gone within the next 2 years. You're just being Captain Obvious at this point.

Figure we have a better chance of Judy being gone in two years than Major getting fired.
03-14-2014 09:29 AM
Nugget49er Offline
1st String

I don't understand the title of this thread.
03-14-2014 09:31 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

(03-14-2014 09:29 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(03-14-2014 09:01 AM)wh49er Wrote:  Everyone wants Major fired today and Judy gone within the next 2 years. You're just being Captain Obvious at this point.

Figure we have a better chance of Judy being gone in two years than Major getting fired.

I figure him and Judy go out together after next year.
03-14-2014 09:40 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-14-2014 09:31 AM)Nugget49er Wrote:  I don't understand the title of this thread.

That's because it should read "Charlotte Needs Unity" and not "Charlotte Needs a Unity"

Charlotte is pretty damn unified though. NOBODY wants to keep Major and everyone wants Judy to retire. Neither will happen this year though.
03-14-2014 09:49 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

(03-14-2014 09:49 AM)Niner National Wrote:  Charlotte is pretty damn unified though. NOBODY wants to keep Major and everyone wants Judy to retire. Neither will happen this year though.

Preach on brother.
03-14-2014 11:16 AM
Advertisement

IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
Judy isn't going to leave before her dream of FBS is realized!
03-14-2014 01:03 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
Speaking of unity, a question, if I may, please. Was Charlotte's effort to become an autonomous institution met with as much political opposition, and systematic BS as UAB's? What made Charlotte go for freedom to begin with, how did you succed and do you have any advice/suggestions for UAB fans?
04-07-2015 01:07 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-07-2015 01:07 PM)Matrix Wrote:  Speaking of unity, a question, if I may, please. Was Charlotte's effort to become an autonomous institution met with as much political opposition, and systematic BS as UAB's? What made Charlotte go for freedom to begin with, how did you succed and do you have any advice/suggestions for UAB fans?

I think the UNC on our name confuses a lot of people. We were never a part of UNC Chapel Hill in any way. We were a 2 year school initially designed to send students to other state schools, but since becoming a permanent member of the UNC system (which includes ALL public schools in NC, even NC State, ECU, App State, etc that don't have UNC attached to their names), we've been our own entity. There are 17 public schools in NC and all 17 are a part of the UNC system. There is an overarching UNC system Board of Governors that oversee the entire system, but each school has its own Board of Trustees. The Board of Governors has representatives from many schools, although the majority are Chapel Hill alums. NCSU is well represented, ECU has decent representation, and the rest of the schools have little to no representation on the board. The board is definitely Chapel Hill biased, but there is enough diversity to keep it from being anything like the UA system.

Some of the schools in the system chose to adopt the UNC-Location moniker because the UNC tag brought recognition and familiarity to the school's brand. Some schools in the system today probably still need it, but we do not. Charlotte as a city has grown into a national brand and the school has also grown to the point that it no longer needs to rely on UNC for association with a known brand.

Funny story though, in the 1960's (I think), the governor proposed changing the name of NCSU to UNC-Raleigh, but NCSU students, alums and trustees weren't having any of that.
04-07-2015 07:17 PM
ODUAlumni2015 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU, Penn State
(03-13-2014 10:32 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  Charlotte's attendance problem is an inferior product! Mostly that on the court, but advertising and atmosphere are a downer too.
Your teams might be at a geographical disadvantage with the "Tar Pits" and its ACCness being so close to them. ODU is in a very good position for sports, especially with UVA and VT being so far away! We live in a football starved area and basically with not much else going on. Based off ticket inquires, Monarch Nation can fill a 60,000+ seat stadium. They are playing it really cool, if rumors on campus are right and a 45,000 seat stadium is in the works. Keep that demand high!!! When we do go P5, which we will, our AD will want to go BigXII, because he is smart and having an additional P5 school in a different conference in the same state makes things that much more juicy and very similar to what Ga Tech v. Georgia, South Carolina v. Clemson and Florida v. Miami have. Look at how much money people will play to see those kinds of competitions. Even here when we face the inferior Norfolk St school that is 4 miles away from our campus, everybody wants to see that battle and the results have never changed!

Anyways, it will require a special and very patient effort to increase the UNCC fan bases' interest in what the school is offering in sports!
Maybe your boys will come into CUSA and beat the reigning champions like we did in our first game in conference play, who knows. I do know this, after your first three games, your boys will be tested in the next 4 games (the first being an angry Middle Tennessee team that won 7 games and did not get bowl game) and in the final games, you will probably lose 4 of the remaining 5. We refer to this as growing pains and it happens to us all!

Good Luck!
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 08:06 AM by ODUAlumni2015.)
04-08-2015 08:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.