Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium
7thHeaven Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UofL
Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium
I'm hearing rumors today that expansion is coming real soon. I haven't heard by how many seats yet.
04-06-2014 12:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium
(04-06-2014 12:13 AM)7thHeaven Wrote:  I'm hearing rumors today that expansion is coming real soon. I haven't heard by how many seats yet.

Don't think it's going to be that kind of expansion to be honest. There is to be a student activity center built outside the South endzone of PJCS, and also there is talk about expanding HSB. Now there might be a few seats added to the lower portion of the stadium, but only to add something like 5K seats maybe a few more give or take.
04-06-2014 02:01 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(04-06-2014 02:01 AM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 12:13 AM)7thHeaven Wrote:  I'm hearing rumors today that expansion is coming real soon. I haven't heard by how many seats yet.

Don't think it's going to be that kind of expansion to be honest. There is to be a student activity center built outside the South endzone of PJCS, and also there is talk about expanding HSB. Now there might be a few seats added to the lower portion of the stadium, but only to add something like 5K seats maybe a few more give or take.

Make it 7K because PJCS would have a 62K capacity, which will be larger than UK's Commonwealth Stadium that is being shrunk to 61K! 07-coffee3
04-06-2014 08:21 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
In the current landscape of North American sports I would hope they would not expand past 62-63K. Live attendance is going down due to the fact it is more comfortable to watch the games at home on you Big Screen 70 inch HD.

What I would like is better WiFi and other Stadium comforts...07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 10:30 AM by Maize.)
04-06-2014 10:22 AM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

If expansion was to be done to the stadium I would personally like to see the north endzone closed or have a second level on the west side. I really don't care about adding seats so the lower portion of the bowl connects to the HSB for I just think that is a waste of time. Just close the north endzone where it looks like the south for that would give additional seating and the stadium woukd be much more of a home field advantage with the noise that would be closed in. The HSB doesn't look proportional to the stadium now and should expansion be done then I would be in favor of closing the north endzone.
04-06-2014 10:23 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(04-06-2014 10:22 AM)Maize Wrote:  In the current landscape of North American sports I would hope they would not expand past 62-63K. Live attendance is going down due to the fact it is more comfortable to watch the games at home on you Big Screen 70 inch HD.

^This^

Don't box yourself in on expansion but be careful...wasn't it about 5 years ago under Krags you had a half empty stadium in protest? Fans are fickle...and a bad hire can really hurt if you are trying to fill a 70-80k stadium.
04-06-2014 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofLgrad07 Offline
1st String

(04-06-2014 02:01 AM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  There is to be a student activity center built outside the South endzone of PJCS,

student academic center

04-cheers
04-06-2014 12:09 PM
UofLgrad07 Offline
1st String

(04-06-2014 10:22 AM)Maize Wrote:  In the current landscape of North American sports I would hope they would not expand past 62-63K. Live attendance is going down due to the fact it is more comfortable to watch the games at home on you Big Screen 70 inch HD.

^ This. If they do expand, it should be a small scale expansion (somewhere between 5-10K)
04-06-2014 12:13 PM
krux Offline
Banned

Yesterday was Junior Day. The coaching staff told the recruits that the north endzone will be expanded and the capacity will be 62k. The Maker's Mark Academic Center (Yeah, we sponsor everything with booze lol) is the structure that will be added to the south end zone. The Howard Schnellenberger Football Complex will also be expanded so I'd expect the north endzone to look completely different in a couple of years. The goal is to have this all done in 3 years and christen it during the season that we have UK, FSU and ND all at home.
04-06-2014 12:59 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Sounds great, 07-coffee3
04-06-2014 01:14 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
What is the building in the North Endzone? What will become of that? I've always liked the look of stadiums like PJS, Dowdy Ficklen, and Bill Snyder family football stadium. I think another upper deck would look really nice.
04-06-2014 08:01 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-06-2014 08:01 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  What is the building in the North Endzone? What will become of that? I've always liked the look of stadiums like PJS, Dowdy Ficklen, and Bill Snyder family football stadium. I think another upper deck would look really nice.

The Building is the Howard Schnellenberger Complex...it is where the Football Offices/Locker rooms, Weight Rooms & Trophy Showcase is located..
04-06-2014 08:04 PM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
I don't understand why they would just add seats to the stadium... They should be adding revenue generating aspects to the stadium; like club seat sections, more suites, and digital enhancements... things that generate a lot more money than just regular seat.
04-07-2014 01:52 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-07-2014 01:52 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  I don't understand why they would just add seats to the stadium... They should be adding revenue generating aspects to the stadium; like club seat sections, more suites, and digital enhancements... things that generate a lot more money than just regular seat.

Completely agree...still would add seats but wouldn't push it past 62K....you left off concessions as well...04-cheers
04-07-2014 01:56 PM
PhiladelphiaVT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Virginia Tech
Quote:
(04-06-2014 08:21 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  

Make it 7K because PJCS would have a 62K capacity, which will be larger than UK's Commonwealth Stadium that is being shrunk to 61K! 07-coffee3

What's the story behind the reduction in seating at UK's Commonwealth Stadium? I'm astounded that a SEC stadium would lose 7,000 seats!
04-07-2014 08:44 PM
Villecard Offline
Special Teams

Long story short, they suck and have attendance issues. They are adding suites, so they knew that removing some seats wouldn't be an issue. They haven't won an SEC game in two years.[/b]

(04-07-2014 08:44 PM)PhiladelphiaVT Wrote:  
Quote:
(04-06-2014 08:21 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  

Make it 7K because PJCS would have a 62K capacity, [b]which will be larger than UK's Commonwealth Stadium that is being shrunk to 61K! 07-coffee3

What's the story behind the reduction in seating at UK's Commonwealth Stadium? I'm astounded that a SEC stadium would lose 7,000 seats!
04-07-2014 09:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
(04-07-2014 01:56 PM)Maize Wrote:  Completely agree...still would add seats but wouldn't push it past 62K....you left off concessions as well...04-cheers

I'll mention it if you're buying me a beer during my next visit! LOL 04-cheers
04-08-2014 01:00 AM
Cody6003 Offline
Water Engineer

(04-07-2014 01:56 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 01:52 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  I don't understand why they would just add seats to the stadium... They should be adding revenue generating aspects to the stadium; like club seat sections, more suites, and digital enhancements... things that generate a lot more money than just regular seat.

Completely agree...still would add seats but wouldn't push it past 62K....you left off concessions as well...04-cheers

Whatever they decide, I hope it is at least expanded to 62,000. I believe this will be the last expansion window for at least ten years.
04-08-2014 09:40 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

The Cardinal Athletic Fund sent me a survey today. Here is the letter:

Quote: Dear Steven,
The University of Louisville has begun the initial feasibility study for the proposed expansion of Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.

A market and financial feasibility study has been undertaken to assess the potential impact an expanded stadium would have on the University, Athletic program, and the surrounding local economy.
As a part of the feasibility study, feedback is being sought from potential user groups and stakeholders.

Feedback relative to the overall advisability of the project, the potential demand for premium seating at the facility, and issues and concerns affecting the overall success of the project is being sought.

Two methods will be used to gather both quantitative and qualitative information from a wide cross section of key stakeholder groups: including sports fans, university donors, season ticket holders, boosters, local business executives, community leaders, and alumni.

Your participation in our web based survey would be greatly appreciated as we strive to position the University, Athletic Program and local community for future success.

Survey Link:

CAF PJCS Survey

The expansion is serious and will happen soon. 07-coffee3
04-08-2014 09:59 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(04-07-2014 08:44 PM)PhiladelphiaVT Wrote:  What's the story behind the reduction in seating at UK's Commonwealth Stadium? I'm astounded that a SEC stadium would lose 7,000 seats!

Are we SURE that UK is reducing the number of seats? Maybe they simply brought in someone who can count... that seems to be a real problem for the folks in Lexington!
04-09-2014 05:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.