RE: Towson VS West Virginia Under the Lights
06-03-2014 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
Do you think Towson has a chance?

Not trolling, I'm just curious since you'll lost so much last year.
06-11-2014 11:29 AM
LoneStar Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Towson State
(06-11-2014 11:29 AM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  Do you think Towson has a chance?

Not trolling, I'm just curious since you'll lost so much last year.

Honestly, I have no idea how we will do on Offense since we lost 4 offensive lineman, so we would need to keep that game to a low scoring affair if we were to take a "W" out of Morgantown.

We don't have all the pieces in place yet, we tend to get a few transfers over the summer if you look back to the past few years. The younger guys need to step up now, my understanding is that our O'Line is expected to have signicantly more size but they will lack the experience that benefitted our team in the last few years.

Our Running Backs are going to be solid with a one...two punch "Mighty Mouse" and Rutgers transfer Dontae Ayers. Fullback is stacked as both starters return and we bring in a Freshman from the Va Beach Tidewater area who may become the best fullback to ever step foot on the campus. We"ll see how that plays out but for now let's just call him "caveman".

Wide Receiver should be a strong point with the return of Spencer Wilkins and continued progress of Dessenberg, Joseph, Dowling etc....

Tight End is a question mark.

QB Should be Connor Frazier unless we see a transfer enroll from FBS which may
move Connor back to WR. True Freshman QB from Virginia looks to be our future.

The Defense need to carry the team early on the season, DLine and Defensive Backfield are strong areas where Barr returns at LB but we need a couple more to replace the outstanding production of Gattis and Clark. I would expect a transfer to land here.

Looks like WVU has low expectations this year, so who really knows when there is so much turnover.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 04:08 PM by LoneStar.)
06-11-2014 03:54 PM
TGCP Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: towson
is the school doing any sort of trip planning.
06-26-2014 03:16 PM
LoneStar Offline
2nd String

We should know something once training camp starts. I know there are a few of us that are going to hit the Browns vs Steeler game the next day and make a weekend out of it.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2014 03:59 PM by LoneStar.)
06-28-2014 03:59 PM
Advertisement

TigerNation82 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Towson
Should be a great experience. Best environment since LSU.
07-01-2014 08:00 PM
LoneStar Offline
2nd String

(07-01-2014 08:00 PM)TigerNation82 Wrote:  Should be a great experience. Best environment since LSU.

I had a few LSU fans warn me about Morgantown, but you are right about it being the best environment since LSU.
07-03-2014 10:16 PM
TigerNation82 Offline
Bench Warmer

WVU is a great place to watch a game and their style of play is fast, lights out football.
07-04-2014 03:19 PM
LoneStar Offline
2nd String

Picked up two tickets from our website, stated section 1 GA, Row 1. Looks like section 100-102 were the visiting team sections. College football can't get here soon enough!
07-09-2014 12:59 PM
LoneStar Offline
2nd String

WVU RB arrested for witness intimidation

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...rder-case-
07-15-2014 05:46 PM
Advertisement

TGCP Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: towson
bump.

what are people doing for tickets/ buying from towson and sitting in the corner or trying on stubhub behind the bench?
tailgating -do we have a lot? i saw the alumni thing but that doenst should very interesting.

from what i've read online morgantown can be a nightmare traffic wise on game days also they have like zero hotels.
08-16-2014 08:07 PM
TU2012 Offline
Water Engineer

Going with a group of 6. headed out early day of and staying at an econo lodge near the basketball arena, not great but it was only 90 a night. also got tickets in tu section. last year went stubhub route at uconn and got good seats. stubhub was still pricey for this game
08-17-2014 10:03 AM
Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
(07-03-2014 10:16 PM)LoneStar Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 08:00 PM)TigerNation82 Wrote:  Should be a great experience. Best environment since LSU.

I had a few LSU fans warn me about Morgantown, but you are right about it being the best environment since LSU.

Tribe opened there last year and WVU fans have completely changed their image. They were almost overboard with welcoming behavior and wanting to be sure we were enjoying our visit. One of their message board leaders told me it was a grassroots effort that started about 3 years ago. Nicest crowd ever!
08-19-2014 04:51 AM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

Agree. They seemed to go out of their way last year. Very nice people and a wonderful environment. One of my all time favorite Tribe road trips. The drive out is nice as well.
08-19-2014 05:59 AM
etiger1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Towson Universi
Sitting Bull and Tribe4SF, what parking lot did you all use last year for W&M Tailgating?
08-19-2014 04:16 PM
Advertisement

Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

(08-19-2014 04:16 PM)etiger1 Wrote:  Sitting Bull and Tribe4SF, what parking lot did you all use last year for W&M Tailgating?

There is an apartment complex on Irwin St. very near the stadium that sells tailgate parking. The map link below shows the location. I went there Friday afternoon before game day and bought ten spots for our group. We had a great time there mixing and partying with WVU fans.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/980+Ir...c4dc1e1197

The tickets are sold from the Apartment Complex office at 980 Irwin. The lot is right across the street from the office. The office bathrooms are available on game day. It was a perfect setup.

Our Parents Club bought about 40 spots from a restaurant nearby. It was a little further from the stadium.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 07:30 AM by Tribe4SF.)
08-20-2014 07:23 AM
TSU86 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Towson, Md
Current plan is to go to game with a WVU buddy, stay the night, and hit the road bright and early to go to Ravens game Sunday AM
08-20-2014 08:55 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

(08-19-2014 05:59 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  Agree. They seemed to go out of their way last year. Very nice people and a wonderful environment. One of my all time favorite Tribe road trips. The drive out is nice as well.

On the main road heading from the football stadium/med center toward the basketball coliseum, we found a church parking lot that advertised FREE parking and even invited us to help ourselves to their outdoor breakfast buffet. It was a non denominational Christian Church, across the street from Wendy's. They couldn't have been nicer and they even resisted when I went to put $10 in the tip can on the buffet (I did anyway). There was no catch, just extraordinarily nice people.

It was not a far walk into the Stadium from there.

One of the nicer memories I have attending any football game.
08-23-2014 03:23 PM
Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
Re: RE: Towson VS West Virginia Under the Lights
(08-19-2014 04:51 AM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 10:16 PM)LoneStar Wrote:  

Tribe opened there last year and WVU fans have completely changed their image. They were almost overboard with welcoming behavior and wanting to be sure we were enjoying our visit. One of their message board leaders told me it was a grassroots effort that started about 3 years ago. Nicest crowd ever!

This is 100% accurate...WVU fans were great hosts before, during, and after the game.

And, the apt lot Tribe4SF mentioned was a perfect spot. TU fans can't go wrong tailgating there.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014 02:40 PM by Tribal.)
08-24-2014 02:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.