Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Confessions of a Fixer
Bookmark and Share
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
Confessions of a Fixer
Wasn't sure where to put this. Good read if you have the time; it's an inside look at how one man got so many college basketball athletes academically eligible.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/201...ing-scheme

Passages of note:

Quote:Fifteen miles from his home, tucked in a corner of a 10-by-10 storage unit, under an antique table, is a gray filing cabinet. Locked inside he keeps the test answers for more than a dozen online courses.

Quote:For some players, he says, he did their work outright. For others, he provided homework answers and papers that the students would submit themselves. At exam time, he lined up proctors and conspired with them to lie on behalf of students.

Many times, he says, the players’ coaches directed athletes his way. Sometimes, players’ parents or handlers arranged the details.

Quote:Among the dozens of colleges where he worked to place players was the University of South Florida, where he tried to send four students (three got in).

The father of one South Florida recruit, who spoke on the condition that his name not be used, told The Chronicle that the Bulls’ coaches had instructed his son to take two online courses during his senior year of high school.

Quote:According to a former NCAA investigator who was familiar with the case, five universities -- Liberty, Morgan State, Oregon, South Florida, and Xavier of Ohio -- faced questions about players with whom Mr. White had worked.

12-30-2014 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Confessions of a Fixer
You mean Sister Rose didn't provide the answers?

12-30-2014 02:23 PM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
(12-30-2014 02:23 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  You mean Sister Rose didn't provide the answers?

Doesn't surprise me. Probably just a level of "help" beyond the usual rule bending that even Xavier wouldn't want her to engage in.

I have said it for years - Their "100% grad rate" for seniors is the kind of ridiculous boast only the fundamentally dishonest would make.

Division one sports is tremendously demanding. Far more so than what a non-sports student has to bear. Non-sports student sometimes fail and they drop out for all kinds of reasons, family issues, to start working, take extended breaks etc etc. If 100% of your athletic seniors for decades make it graduate, you aren't the best, you are simply the most blatantly dishonest.

01-01-2015 12:27 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I decided I am going to get in the act...from now on I am going to start giving one Xavier player a month a $500 handshake. Of course, it will be in some form of negotiable instrument that is easily traceable.

Eastside J has promised that any video he plans to take of these transactions will be for entertainment purposes only.

I can't freaking wait to be called a rogue booster.

01-06-2015 09:04 AM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
(01-06-2015 09:04 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I decided I am going to get in the act...from now on I am going to start giving one Xavier player a month a $500 handshake. Of course, it will be in some form of negotiable instrument that is easily traceable.

Eastside J has promised that any video he plans to take of these transactions will be for entertainment purposes only.

"Here kid"

"What is this?

"Its a $500 US Treasury Series EE savings bond"

"Thanks, I think."

"Oh don't worry, it's as good as money, well, for now at least" I wouldn't wait too long to cash it out though"

01-07-2015 11:22 AM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
(01-07-2015 11:22 AM)Eastside_J Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 09:04 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I decided I am going to get in the act...from now on I am going to start giving one Xavier player a month a $500 handshake. Of course, it will be in some form of negotiable instrument that is easily traceable.

"Here kid"

"What is this?

"Its a $500 US Treasury Series EE savings bond"

"Thanks, I think."

"Oh don't worry, it's as good as money, well, for now at least" I wouldn't wait too long to cash it out though"

"Hey, Mr.! Sister told me to accept bearer bonds only!"

01-07-2015 01:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.