Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone surprised..
Bookmark and Share
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
Anyone surprised..
That Joe Magolia or Jamey Chadwell haven't gotten a better job? Coastal has had two really good years. Chadwell has won everywhere he's been. If you can win as CSU, you can win about anywhere. Cincinnati has at least 10 public high schools stadiums that are nicer than CSU.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
01-06-2015 11:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Anyone surprised..
Not neccessarily. There are a lot of programs that string together a few nice seasons and they still have the same coach. If Coastal can keep the momentum going for a couple more years and reach a national championship game I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a better gig.
01-07-2015 09:19 AM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
RE: Anyone surprised..
(01-07-2015 09:19 AM)army56mike Wrote:  Not neccessarily. There are a lot of programs that string together a few nice seasons and they still have the same coach. If Coastal can keep the momentum going for a couple more years and reach a national championship game I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a better gig.
I believe he is in his early 60'stages which may work against him.
01-07-2015 02:36 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

That's true. Hid age may turn off some programs. Plus, they may have had some offers they turned down that were never made public.

01-07-2015 03:27 PM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

(01-07-2015 03:27 PM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  That's true. Hid age may turn off some programs. Plus, they may have had some offers they turned down that were never made public.

Read your post on the SBC board about VA schools and fees. Some couldn't resist a jab at LU when LU wasn't the topic. Some things may take quite a time to change.
01-07-2015 05:11 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

It appears the haters are less now than before.

01-07-2015 06:30 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(01-07-2015 06:30 PM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  It appears the haters are less now than before.

Many SBC posters who are the LU naysayers, are that way because of the liberty that Liberty has as a private school. There have been posts of how we could spend unlimited amounts to win. Then the argument is made that well they haven't won yet. If one ask App St, JMU or ODU if LU is a good opponent I believe most would say LU is a quality program providing a good product on the FB team. There are many more favorable replies for LU than against LU on the SBC boards. Certainly a winning FB program provides the impetus for recognition. Now if we look towards the 2015-16 MBB season with a new coach with a new attitude that can be an asset to the overall program, that would help us in our continual quest for FBS.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 12:10 PM by NewTimes.)
01-10-2015 12:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.