Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Don't I know you guys from somewhere?
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Don't I know you guys from somewhere?
Seriously, I think I've run into a bunch of you before somewhere else...

j/k and Welcome to the Board!
02-12-2015 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
RE: Don't I know you guys from somewhere?
(02-12-2015 11:59 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Seriously, I think I've run into a bunch of you before somewhere else...

Thanks Chief. Good to have you join us. We needed a place where LU supporters could land and discuss LU free of non-athletics discussions.. In the past when participating on other boards, mostly the SBC ones, it was tough to have dialogue with those who were LU antagonists.

As we develop our following, please join us with your comments and input. You've made good points in the past.
02-12-2015 12:13 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-12-2015 12:13 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 11:59 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Seriously, I think I've run into a bunch of you before somewhere else...

Thanks Chief. Good to have you join us. We needed a place where LU supporters could land and discuss LU free of non-athletics discussions.. In the past when participating on other boards, mostly the SBC ones, it was tough to have dialogue with those who were LU antagonists.

As we develop our following, please join us with your comments and input. You've made good points in the past.

So I take it there was a great schism on the original Liberty Board? (Bad Religious Pun)

I think this will work better for you guys anyway. Ultimately, you'll have more control over here, and be able to nuke the threads and posters that you don't want back from whence they came.

On a side note...your board name reminds me of a Mercy Me Song...
02-12-2015 12:24 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
(02-12-2015 12:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

So I take it there was a great schism on the original Liberty Board? (Bad Religious Pun)

I think this will work better for you guys anyway. Ultimately, you'll have more control over here, and be able to nuke the threads and posters that you don't want back from whence they came.

Right now it's looking like it will be called "The Flames Furance" or "Flames Furance". I wanted "The Furance" but we are deciding this with a poll and that name is losing.
02-12-2015 12:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewTimes Offline
All American

As we near football season, and LU plays GaSt Oct. 3 in Atlanta, I'm sure the GaSt and SBC fans will be rooting hard for the Panthers like they rooted hard for App St last year on the boards. This year, we'll have a forum to keep the smack talk to FB. We should experience quite a spike in board activity as FB season nears as others find out about us and we continue to win FBS games.
02-12-2015 01:10 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-12-2015 01:10 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  

As we near football season, and LU plays GaSt Oct. 3 in Atlanta, I'm sure the GaSt and SBC fans will be rooting hard for the Panthers like they rooted hard for App St last year on the boards. This year, we'll have a forum to keep the smack talk to FB. We should experience quite a spike in board activity as FB season nears as others find out about us and we continue to win FBS games.

I love when the fans talk massive amounts of smack like the JMU/App boards did and we end up winning. The silence after is pretty amusing. I go into each FB game hoping to win but accepting we can just as easily lose.
02-12-2015 01:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-12-2015 01:22 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 01:10 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  

I love when the fans talk massive amounts of smack like the JMU/App boards did and we end up winning. The silence after is pretty amusing. I go into each FB game hoping to win but accepting we can just as easily lose.
The LU/JMU smack talk was the highlight for last year. The Post "Be Prepared To Eat Crow", on the JMU board, really got lots of hits and activity. I expect we'll have lots of cross over this year with JMU. In fairness to the JMU fans, many were gracious in defeat and complimented LU on the victory. As always, there was the "we wuz robbed" contingent, but they were not the mass. Most were complimentary, seeing that LU simply was the better team at that game, and most agreed that Gill and Flames staff out coached the JMU staff.
02-12-2015 01:28 PM
Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
JMU respected the turnout by the Liberty fans as well. Liberty travels well. I'll be in the ga dome to watch us beat ga state. That's going to be a shoot out.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
02-12-2015 01:48 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-12-2015 01:48 PM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  JMU respected the turnout by the Liberty fans as well. Liberty travels well. I'll be in the ga dome to watch us beat ga state. That's going to be a shoot out.

I just checked and Oct. 3 in Atlanta. Now it would be really sweet, to beat JMU the week before, and then take down SBC GaSt. Am leaning hard to go to Atlanta.
02-12-2015 02:03 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-12-2015 02:03 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 01:48 PM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  JMU respected the turnout by the Liberty fans as well. Liberty travels well. I'll be in the ga dome to watch us beat ga state. That's going to be a shoot out.

I just checked and Oct. 3 in Atlanta. Now it would be really sweet, to beat JMU the week before, and then take down SBC GaSt. Am leaning hard to go to Atlanta.

I wonder if two back to back seasons of beating a SBC team in FB will help us get that SBC invite? The LU fan part of me wants to say yes but the logical part of me says that won't make a difference.
02-12-2015 02:19 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-12-2015 02:19 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  

I wonder if two back to back seasons of beating a SBC team in FB will help us get that SBC invite? The LU fan part of me wants to say yes but the logical part of me says that won't make a difference.
I'm just grateful that we're playing teams other than D2 teams and legit teams.

BTW, with your Austin connection, you makin' hospitality arrangements for the LU fans coming for the N. Texas game? You're a lot closer than we are in Va.
02-12-2015 02:22 PM
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-12-2015 02:22 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  

I'm just grateful that we're playing teams other than D2 teams and legit teams.

BTW, with your Austin connection, you makin' hospitality arrangements for the LU fans coming for the N. Texas game? You're a lot closer than we are in Va.

The best I could do is put someone up in my extra room. Depending on what my wife says I'm open to the idea.
02-12-2015 02:24 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Beating Georgia State isnt going to do anything really. They haven't beaten a single SBC team yet, and have only come close a couple times.

I think if you did beat Georgia State, a few fans might wonder why we added Georgia State instead of a stronger FCS program.
02-12-2015 02:33 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-12-2015 02:33 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Beating Georgia State isnt going to do anything really. They haven't beaten a single SBC team yet, and have only come close a couple times.

I think if you did beat Georgia State, a few fans might wonder why we added Georgia State instead of a stronger FCS program.

.........like Liberty..... 03-razz
02-12-2015 02:37 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

But Chief they are going to bet better. I know they are down now, but they do have an upside. It's true that the LU-GaSt game is likely a bigger game for GaSt not to lose rather than for LU to win. But playing GaSt rather than Brevard, or Kentucky Wesleyan or Concord is a no brainer.
02-12-2015 02:46 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-12-2015 02:46 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  

But Chief they are going to bet better. I know they are down now, but they do have an upside. It's true that the LU-GaSt game is likely a bigger game for GaSt not to lose rather than for LU to win. But playing GaSt rather than Brevard, or Kentucky Wesleyan or Concord is a no brainer.

If you had the story of how Georgia State got into the league, you might understand why very few SBC leaders privately believe that Georgia State can catch up to the rest of us...
02-12-2015 03:19 PM
Advertisement

Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

(02-12-2015 03:19 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 02:03 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  I just checked and Oct. 3 in Atlanta. Now it would be really sweet, to beat JMU the week before, and then take down SBC GaSt. Am leaning hard to go to Atlanta.

If you had the story of how Georgia State got into the league, you might understand why very few SBC leaders privately believe that Georgia State can catch up to the rest of us...

I would love to know the story please share.
02-12-2015 03:22 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(02-12-2015 02:03 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  I just checked and Oct. 3 in Atlanta. Now it would be really sweet, to beat JMU the week before, and then take down SBC GaSt. Am leaning hard to go to Atlanta.

I do not know the specifics about how GaSt got into the SBC, and most of what I have read has been on this board. The essence of the move-up and acceptance seems to be the huge upside of the Atlanta market. Conversely, huge metro areas can swallow up colleges if they don't succeed. The U of Miami struggles with attendance and notoriety. Ironically, it's those colleges, in small town and rural settings where the school is the big dog, is where fan interest is highest. The sports networks want eyeballs, hence GaSt and Charlotte and ODU.
02-12-2015 03:31 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-12-2015 03:31 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 02:19 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  I wonder if two back to back seasons of beating a SBC team in FB will help us get that SBC invite? The LU fan part of me wants to say yes but the logical part of me says that won't make a difference.

I do not know the specifics about how GaSt got into the SBC, and most of what I have read has been on this board. The essence of the move-up and acceptance seems to be the huge upside of the Atlanta market. Conversely, huge metro areas can swallow up colleges if they don't succeed. The U of Miami struggles with attendance and notoriety. Ironically, it's those colleges, in small town and rural settings where the school is the big dog, is where fan interest is highest. The sports networks want eyeballs, hence GaSt and Charlotte and ODU.

Thing is, most of our teams care very little about markets. We'd rather build with stronger programs and fan bases, and worry about market later.
02-12-2015 03:36 PM
knucklehead Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Wassup Chief? Missed talking to you. Staying away from the Sun Belt Board for now.
02-12-2015 04:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.