Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] UAB boosters fund study that concludes football, rifle and bowling would be profitabl
Bookmark and Share
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
[split] UAB boosters fund study that concludes football, rifle and bowling would be profitabl
(04-23-2015 02:19 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  Actually most Sun Belt fans probably want UAB football to restart and remain in CUSA

I can think of at least one group of them that don't.
04-23-2015 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

RE: UAB boosters fund study that concludes football, rifle and bowling would be profitabl
(04-23-2015 02:23 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 02:19 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  Actually most Sun Belt fans probably want UAB football to restart and remain in CUSA

So predictable. They never fail to disappoint...

"This ain't over yet. The report out today may breathe new life into the UAB supporters, and give the C-USA committee pause.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-bowling-rifle

Still, it is hard for me to see how the program recovers from what it has gone through already. If you were a recruit, would you go there? As a donor, would you put substantial money into it? Even if re-instated, football is so uncertain as to make it difficult to sustain. C-USA should rip off the Band-Aid and move on."

"UAB can right this report off as "sour grapes". The bomb drop UAB fans have been teasing will never materialize. "

"But the UA BOT still oversees the Birmingham campus and can pull the plug when they please. That alone should make any conference not keep UAB football in their conference."

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/show...USA/page15
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 02:40 PM by Saint Greg.)
04-23-2015 02:30 PM
voss749 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FAU
RE: UAB boosters fund study that concludes football, rifle and bowling would be profitabl
"But the UA BOT still oversees the Birmingham campus and can pull the plug when they please. That alone should make any conference not keep UAB football in their conference."

USA could slip in ahead of ULL UNLESS La Tech is willing to support ULL's entry into CUSA. I cant imagine CUSA members wanting LA tech to accept ULL into the conference against its will.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 02:43 PM by voss749.)
04-23-2015 02:42 PM
cajunhawk2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana
(04-23-2015 02:42 PM)voss749 Wrote:  "But the UA BOT still oversees the Birmingham campus and can pull the plug when they please. That alone should make any conference not keep UAB football in their conference."

USA could slip in ahead of ULL UNLESS La Tech is willing to support ULL's entry into CUSA. I cant imagine CUSA members wanting LA tech to accept ULL into the conference against its will.

Luckily their administrators aren't as petty as their low class fans.
04-23-2015 03:15 PM
cajunhawk2 Offline
Water Engineer

(04-23-2015 02:30 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  

"This ain't over yet. The report out today may breathe new life into the UAB supporters, and give the C-USA committee pause.

Still, it is hard for me to see how the program recovers from what it has gone through already. If you were a recruit, would you go there? As a donor, would you put substantial money into it? Even if re-instated, football is so uncertain as to make it difficult to sustain. C-USA should rip off the Band-Aid and move on."

"UAB can right this report off as "sour grapes". The bomb drop UAB fans have been teasing will never materialize. "

Should we search BBB for posts on how you guys were praying for the Death to the WAC so you could get into a better situation. Glass house...boy.
04-23-2015 03:16 PM
Advertisement

Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

(04-23-2015 03:16 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  

Should we search BBB for posts on how you guys were praying for the Death to the WAC so you could get into a better situation. Glass house...boy.

Do whatever you want. I don't recall wanting the WAC to die. That would've been dumb. That could've left us without a conference. The WAC our last year in it was a better football conference than the current CUSA.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 03:23 PM by Saint Greg.)
04-23-2015 03:19 PM
cajunhawk2 Offline
Water Engineer

(04-23-2015 03:19 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  

Do whatever you want. I don't recall wanting the WAC to die. That could've left us without a conference. And I don't spend much time on that board so I wouldn't know what is over there.

Before you completely miss the point...if you were in the same situation...you would act accordingly. We aren't dancing on their graves...though you can spin however you like so that you don't have to "share" this place with anyone you deem lower than yourself.
04-23-2015 03:21 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

(04-23-2015 03:21 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 02:23 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  I can think of at least one group of them that don't.

Do whatever you want. I don't recall wanting the WAC to die. That could've left us without a conference. And I don't spend much time on that board so I wouldn't know what is over there.

Before you completely miss the point...if you were in the same situation...you would act accordingly. We aren't dancing on their graves...though you can spin however you like so that you don't have to "share" this place with anyone you deem lower than yourself.

I haven't spun anything. I posted some quotes and a link. And nothing I post on this board is going to have an impact on what actually happens.
04-23-2015 03:26 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns

Great detective work on your part Gregg.. Who could have ever dreamed that on a fan bulletin board like Ragin Pagin, where most Cajun fans there are interested in seeing their team compete in C-USA, that some of those fans would speak negatively about the booster-funded study?

One might assume that it would be better to discuss this study in the context of the one already performed by the Bama BOT, but I guess bringing the Cajun program into the discussion is more interesting for LaTech fans.

As the saying goes, so predictable. You never fail to disappoint.04-cheers
04-23-2015 03:30 PM
Advertisement

cajunhawk2 Offline
Water Engineer

(04-23-2015 03:26 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 02:30 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  So predictable. They never fail to disappoint...

I haven't spun anything. I posted some quotes and a link. And nothing I post on this board is going to have an impact on what actually happens.

Posting it in the first place confirms your agenda. Don't try to backpedal now son...own it. Like I said earlier...luckily for Louisiana...La Tech's administrators aren't petulant little children who don't wanna share anything...unlike the La Tech posters on this board. That video you show so proudly should give you enough guts to share a conference with an in state school you recruit against. Unfortunately that's not in Loly Poly's zeitgeist. Like school in summertime...no class at all.
04-23-2015 03:31 PM
NanoDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: LaTech
(04-23-2015 03:31 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 03:16 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  Should we search BBB for posts on how you guys were praying for the Death to the WAC so you could get into a better situation. Glass house...boy.

Posting it in the first place confirms your agenda. Don't try to backpedal now son...own it. Like I said earlier...luckily for Louisiana...La Tech's administrators aren't petulant little children who don't wanna share anything...unlike the La Tech posters on this board. That video you show so proudly should give you enough guts to share a conference with an in state school you recruit against. Unfortunately that's not in Loly Poly's zeitgeist. Like school in summertime...no class at all.

LaLa fan talking about class 03-puke
04-23-2015 03:36 PM
cajunhawk2 Offline
Water Engineer

(04-23-2015 03:36 PM)NanoDawg Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 03:19 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  Do whatever you want. I don't recall wanting the WAC to die. That could've left us without a conference. And I don't spend much time on that board so I wouldn't know what is over there.

Keep proving my point...
04-23-2015 03:38 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

(04-23-2015 03:38 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 03:21 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  Before you completely miss the point...if you were in the same situation...you would act accordingly. We aren't dancing on their graves...though you can spin however you like so that you don't have to "share" this place with anyone you deem lower than yourself.

Keep proving my point...

Go home, Son.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 03:39 PM by Saint Greg.)
04-23-2015 03:39 PM
Advertisement

cajunhawk2 Offline
Water Engineer

(04-23-2015 03:39 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 03:38 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  
(04-23-2015 03:26 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  I haven't spun anything. I posted some quotes and a link. And nothing I post on this board is going to have an impact on what actually happens.

Keep proving my point...

Go home, Son.

I'm gonna be here like Terry Bradshaw's shingles...deal with it.
04-23-2015 03:46 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE:
You two should get a room.
04-23-2015 09:54 PM
stodgdog Offline
Special Teams

RE: [split] UAB boosters fund study that concludes football, rifle and bowling would b...
(04-23-2015 03:16 PM)cajunhawk2 Wrote:  Should we search BBB for posts on how you guys were praying for the Death to the WAC so you could get into a better situation. Glass house...boy.

What is Tech's agenda and who is Louisiana?
04-25-2015 07:30 PM
Cscollis Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: La Tech
RE: [split] UAB boosters fund study that conclude
I don't understand why ULALA would want into CUSA. When was the last time ULALA beat in football a current team in CUSA the mid 80's or 90's. ULALA should be happy they are in the SBC and if they have a winning record they have there own bowl just for them. You should also be happy, your SBC brothers don't seem to mind you calling yourselves Louisiana.

The reason CUSA will not invite ULALA is ULALA doesn't bring much at all to the table. Win an outright title in the SBC and then maybe the Big 12 will come calling.
04-30-2015 11:57 AM
Advertisement

VermilionWhite Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
RE: [split] UAB boosters fund study that concludes football, rifle and bowling would b...
(04-30-2015 11:57 AM)Cscollis Wrote:  I don't understand why ULALA would want into CUSA. When was the last time ULALA beat in football a current team in CUSA the mid 80's or 90's. ULALA should be happy they are in the SBC and if they have a winning record they have there own bowl just for them. You should also be happy, your SBC brothers don't seem to mind you calling yourselves Louisiana.

The reason CUSA will not invite ULALA is ULALA doesn't bring much at all to the table. Win an outright title in the SBC and then maybe the Big 12 will come calling.
Don't think you could've said our name wrong more times even if you tried.........and you sure tried, lol. How old are you? Ten?

"I do think no one would ever regret the admission of UL. They are the second largest school in Louisiana, a definite destination site, plenty of cultural attractions, large population base, adequate hotel and motel and restaurant accomodations and airline service."
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 07:34 PM by VermilionWhite.)
05-02-2015 07:24 PM
VermilionWhite Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
Not to mention having the second best athletic program in LA.......and better than every other SBC, CUSA and MAC school, and behind only BYU, 5 AAC schools [UConn, USF, UCF, Memphis and Tulsa] and two MWC schools [San Diego State and New Mexico].

http://www.masseyratings.com/college.php
05-02-2015 07:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.