Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

By the way...Maize....when you come over to the C-USA Board.
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
By the way...Maize....when you come over to the C-USA Board.
as in every day....posting your drivel....There is no BCS in basketball...and I promise I won't call you the small least lite bush league, since you won't call us C-DOA...... ;-)
04-30-2007 09:02 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Re: By the way...Maize....when you come over to the C-USA Bo
On Wings of Eagles Wrote:as in every day....posting your drivel....There is no BCS in basketball...and I promise I won't call you the small least lite bush league, since you won't call us C-DOA...... ;-)

Let's see, posted that Andy Katz has a C-USA team Number 1 and that is flaming C-USA 01-wingedeagle .

Then in a post in that same thread stated that if Tulsa, UAB, Houston and USM step up they will be back to pre realignment level in C-USA.

You, Guppy and Top Dork are the dumbest posters on the internet and have been since the old Killer Frog days.
04-30-2007 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Very true Maize, very true! 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow
04-30-2007 09:16 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
On Wings of Eagles Wrote:as in every day....posting your drivel....There is no BCS in basketball...and I promise I won't call you the small least lite bush league, since you won't call us C-DOA...... ;-)
Hey half-wit, if you have something to say to Maize, try out the PM feature, so we all don't have to read it. Thanks.
04-30-2007 09:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

And the Maizeeeee conviently leaves out the hidden smack he posts...but what's new?.......One pitiful human being....... 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot
05-01-2007 12:40 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators

hey maize, why dont you hit the good ole ignore button on him. thats what we do. thanks for the kind post on the CUSA board and i hope to see yall in the national championship game next year. with us on the winning side of course.
05-01-2007 12:44 PM
Advertisement

Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

aTxTIGER Wrote:hey maize, why dont you hit the good ole ignore button on him. thats what we do. thanks for the kind post on the CUSA board and i hope to see yall in the national championship game next year. with us on the winning side of course.

LOL!...with conference mates like you, who needs enemies!....
05-02-2007 06:53 AM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators

On Wings of Eagles Wrote:
aTxTIGER Wrote:hey maize, why dont you hit the good ole ignore button on him. thats what we do. thanks for the kind post on the CUSA board and i hope to see yall in the national championship game next year. with us on the winning side of course.

as ive said many times before, im a memphis fan, not a CUSA fan. i didnt grow up hearing of all of the great southern miss-ucf games or watch andre turner or keith lee or elliott perry hit last second shots for the cusa all-star team. they did it for memphis. maize came over to the cusa board and was respectful to my school. to tell the truth, he usually is respectful to memphis.
05-02-2007 09:14 AM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

aTxTIGER Wrote:

as ive said many times before, im a memphis fan, not a CUSA fan. i didnt grow up hearing of all of the great southern miss-ucf games or watch andre turner or keith lee or elliott perry hit last second shots for the cusa all-star team. they did it for memphis. maize came over to the cusa board and was respectful to my school. to tell the truth, he usually is respectful to memphis.

The only real controversy I had with Memphis was I stated after the 1st NCAA game that they better step up their game in order to beat ATM or Louisville and they did just that.
05-02-2007 09:29 AM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators

Maize Wrote:
aTxTIGER Wrote:

The only real controversy I had with Memphis was I stated after the 1st NCAA game that they better step up their game in order to beat ATM or Louisville and they did just that.

thats contraversy? we were flat against north texas. you ok in my book maize....even if you were born a crud.
05-02-2007 12:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

aTxTIGER Wrote:

That certainly tells me about you...you ought to fit in with the likes of crud fans really well.....
05-02-2007 01:07 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

The only people who like C-USA are the people who have no hope of ever getting into a BCS conference.
05-02-2007 01:45 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Maize Wrote:

Let's see, posted that Andy Katz has a C-USA team Number 1 and that is flaming C-USA 01-wingedeagle .

Then in a post in that same thread stated that if Tulsa, UAB, Houston and USM step up they will be back to pre realignment level in C-USA.

You, Guppy and Top Dork are the dumbest posters on the internet and have been since the old Killer Frog days.

You forgot about Frogster Maize.
I did not think he would ever be forgotten.
05-02-2007 06:14 PM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators

aTxTIGER Wrote:

That certainly tells me about you...you ought to fit in with the likes of crud fans really well.....

yea, i guess it certainly does. i like my school and that makes me a horrible person. i apologize profusely and certainly hope you can forgive me, mr. eagle. golley-gee it would be swell of you.
05-02-2007 06:40 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

mlb Wrote:The only people who like C-USA are the people who have no hope of ever getting into a BCS conference.

All confrences are BCS confrences. Thats the most misused term on the board.
05-02-2007 06:43 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

TopCoog Wrote:
mlb Wrote:The only people who like C-USA are the people who have no hope of ever getting into a BCS conference.

Fine...the only people who like C-USA are the people who have no hope of ever getting into an auto-bid BCS conference.
05-02-2007 07:59 PM
Advertisement

TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

mlb Wrote:
TopCoog Wrote:

Fine...the only people who like C-USA are the people who have no hope of ever getting into an auto-bid BCS conference.

Thats an ignorant statement. You have no idea what is going to happen in the future. In fact, if a playoff evolves the BCS auto bids will be worthless. Fact is, a BCS auto bid is worth about 2 million dollars to your school, only a small fraction of the athletic budget of any of our schools.
05-03-2007 07:15 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

TopCoog Wrote:Thats an ignorant statement. You have no idea what is going to happen in the future. In fact, if a playoff evolves the BCS auto bids will be worthless. Fact is, a BCS auto bid is worth about 2 million dollars to your school, only a small fraction of the athletic budget of any of our schools.

That would still mean you never got into a BCS auto-bid conference, would it not? C-USA now makes a lot more sense for a school like Houston than a school like Memphis or ECU. It should be called C-Gulf Coast or something along those lines. Or you could call it C-Texas, as from my understanding the Texas block along with Tulane has all the power anyway...

As far as the $2M statement, yes, it is only worth $2M in terms of straight money from the BCS. But being a BCS auto-bid also gets you more money on your TV deal, which is worth another $2M or so. Then you add in better players because without the playoff the BCS auto-bid label is needed. Most players want a guaranteed way to get to the BCS, not a chance to play if you have a 12-0 season and finish 10th in the BCS points. As a matter of fact, most players want a real shot at winning the national championship, and without being in a BCS auto-bid conference then those chances are really not there.

I look forward to a playoff coming around, but either way I'm much happier where UC is now compared to where UC was 5 years ago. When your SOS drops because of conference play in basketball (which it did for UC) and your football teams conference games include teams that nobody cares about (which means a lot in Cincinnati due to the apathetic football fans) then the conference is not meant for you. The Big East is the best of both worlds, and is worth a lot more money.
05-03-2007 07:57 AM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

mlb Wrote:
TopCoog Wrote:Thats an ignorant statement. You have no idea what is going to happen in the future. In fact, if a playoff evolves the BCS auto bids will be worthless. Fact is, a BCS auto bid is worth about 2 million dollars to your school, only a small fraction of the athletic budget of any of our schools.

That would still mean you never got into a BCS auto-bid conference, would it not? C-USA now makes a lot more sense for a school like Houston than a school like Memphis or ECU. It should be called C-Gulf Coast or something along those lines. Or you could call it C-Texas, as from my understanding the Texas block along with Tulane has all the power anyway...

As far as the $2M statement, yes, it is only worth $2M in terms of straight money from the BCS. But being a BCS auto-bid also gets you more money on your TV deal, which is worth another $2M or so. Then you add in better players because without the playoff the BCS auto-bid label is needed. Most players want a guaranteed way to get to the BCS, not a chance to play if you have a 12-0 season and finish 10th in the BCS points. As a matter of fact, most players want a real shot at winning the national championship, and without being in a BCS auto-bid conference then those chances are really not there.

I look forward to a playoff coming around, but either way I'm much happier where UC is now compared to where UC was 5 years ago. When your SOS drops because of conference play in basketball (which it did for UC) and your football teams conference games include teams that nobody cares about (which means a lot in Cincinnati due to the apathetic football fans) then the conference is not meant for you. The Big East is the best of both worlds, and is worth a lot more money.

i think the Big east is a good place for cincinnati as it is within the footprint. That said, it would not be a good situation for many of us. ECU is not close to any league. No matter where they play, short of the ACC, they are at a geographical disadvantage. Frankly, I would like to see them go somewhere becasuse I think La tech is a stonger football program over the long haul and is well within our footprint. memphis has as much power in CUSA as Tulane and the Texas schools and is a solid geographical fit. Short of the sec or some new configuration they will be with us for years to come.
05-03-2007 08:05 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

I'll never agree that La Tech is a stronger football program long term that ECU. ECU has a MUCH better fan base, and a good history. They will be back, I'm not sure La Tech will ever be :).
05-03-2007 08:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.