Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Construction update
Bookmark and Share
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
Construction update
Update of the nearing completion of the $500,000,000 development and expansion of LU.

http://www.liberty.edu/libertyjournal/in...MID=160318
06-10-2015 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Libertygrad01 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty & UK
RE: Construction update
Going to campus in July for the baseball camp. Can't wait to see the campus.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
06-10-2015 10:47 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Construction update
I really want to get back to campus and see the great changes..... along with a football game. The only two things I would like to see are apartment style dorms with four small individual rooms and a common area with kitchenette and bathroom. I have seen several schools going with this option. Kids seem to like to have a private place to go. I'd also like to see some privately funded campus beautification areas..... Fountains, pools, statues, parks, etc. Landmark kind of stuff that create memorable campus photo ops.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 07:28 PM by army56mike.)
06-12-2015 07:27 PM
Advertisement

NewTimes Offline
All American

ArmyMike, you are going to love your trip. Am going to Lynchburg next week on business and going to do a drive by to see the latest under construction and completion.
06-12-2015 09:08 PM
PAmedic Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty
(06-12-2015 07:27 PM)army56mike Wrote:  The only two things I would like to see are apartment style dorms with four small individual rooms and a common area with kitchenette and bathroom. I have seen several schools going with this option. Kids seem to like to have a private place to go.

I would agree with you. That would've been great to have as a housing option back in the day. But oddly enough, evidently these will be phased out. JLFJR indicated a while back that the students actually prefer the dorm settings, and admin agrees- they like the kids living together as a floor- bonding/building relationships (and I'm betting accountability, less privacy)

seems strange to me but they are going back to the "traditional student housing model" as he put it
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2015 10:02 AM by PAmedic.)
06-13-2015 10:01 AM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
I drove through campus around Christmas time or so and it hasn't been long since my last visit through and it looks incredibly different in less than one year's time. I got the Liberty Journal which shows these construction projects and they are impressive. Liberty needs to keep expanding the physical campus to help build credibility against the naysayers who declare Liberty isn't a "real" college because they have too large of an online presence compared to on-campus.
06-13-2015 06:57 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

(06-13-2015 06:57 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  I drove through campus around Christmas time or so and it hasn't been long since my last visit through and it looks incredibly different in less than one year's time. I got the Liberty Journal which shows these construction projects and they are impressive. Liberty needs to keep expanding the physical campus to help build credibility against the naysayers who declare Liberty isn't a "real" college because they have too large of an online presence compared to on-campus.
Those who say LU is a diploma paper mill void on a traditional college setting obviously have never been to Lynchburg and seen the campus. Replacing the original single level siding dorms with multi-level, traditional brick exterior housing really changed the feel. Lots of construction and improvements for the better.
06-14-2015 06:28 AM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

Construction update
Is the goal still to have an enrollment of 20,000+ by 2020? I seem to remember seeing that at some point or a number near that.
06-14-2015 05:33 PM
army56mike Offline

Construction update
Ah, I see the goal is 16,000 on campus students by 2020. I also saw LU will be turning away about 1,000 students this coming fall.

High enrollment is a double edged sword. It's more noticeable and gives the impression of great success. However, it also means larger classes and less individual attention per student... unless you hire more faculty as well.
06-26-2015 08:18 AM
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
(06-26-2015 08:18 AM)army56mike Wrote:  Ah, I see the goal is 16,000 on campus students by 2020. I also saw LU will be turning away about 1,000 students this coming fall.

High enrollment is a double edged sword. It's more noticeable and gives the impression of great success. However, it also means larger classes and less individual attention per student... unless you hire more faculty as well.

With all the new classrooms being built, I think it is safe to assume that Liberty is adding more faculty to keep class sizes from reaching insane levels.
06-26-2015 08:49 PM
army56mike Offline

Construction update
The current student/professor ratio listed by LU is 25/1. I'd like to see that drop into the teens, something like 15/1, but still be able to maintain a student population of 20-25,000 on campus.
06-28-2015 08:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.