Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maryland is Terrible
Bookmark and Share
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
Maryland is Terrible
I would like to apologize to the rest of the conference for the Terps football team this year. They will be extremely lucky to win 4 games this year. I apologize for bringing down the SOS. They are an embarrassment.
09-19-2015 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
RE: Maryland is Terrible
(09-19-2015 01:36 PM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  I would like to apologize to the rest of the conference for the Terps football team this year. They will be extremely lucky to win 4 games this year. I apologize for bringing down the SOS. They are an embarrassment.

With time in the conference they will improve, the real embarassment this year is the SEC. Had 10 ranked teams 2 weeks ago, 7 after last week and should have only 5 after this week.

Ranked Mizzou needed a 3rd a td to eek out a 9-6 home win over UCONN. SEC is massively over rated
09-19-2015 02:40 PM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

They MAY improve but that doesn't do anything for right now. Even, if they do improve it will be 2 or 3 years. This year is going to absolutely suck. I didn't have high expectations for this year. I was thinking they would get to 5 or 6 wins. No way that happens now unless…well, the spirit of GOD comes down to help them. I'm not sure Edsall survives this year. I'm not sure if that would be good or bad. I want him gone but we have a few recruits coming in that we absolutely need.
09-19-2015 03:06 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
Maryland did better than expected last season. That's how it goes in The Big Ten. I don't think anyone in The Big Ten will hold it against Maryland if they have a down season. Just don't be like Purdue and Illinois.
09-19-2015 04:02 PM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I don't think they will be Purdue bad but Indiana...they may be our long lost twin. Typing that makes me incredibly sad.
09-19-2015 04:46 PM
Advertisement

PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU / MARYLAND
Terps win ... Terps win ... Terps win ... 01-lauramac2 03-banghead 03-puke 04-jawdrop 03-lmfao ... what was the Beatles song ... Long and Ugly Road ... 03-hissyfit
09-20-2015 09:31 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

(09-20-2015 09:31 AM)PIRATE TERP Wrote:  Terps win ... Terps win ... Terps win ... 01-lauramac2 03-banghead 03-puke 04-jawdrop 03-lmfao ... what was the Beatles song ... Long and Ugly Road ... 03-hissyfit

A win is a win…regardless of how ugly it was. Terps fans better enjoy it because I don't see many more on the schedule. Here is what we got:

Sat, Sep 26 @West Virginia
Sat, Oct 3 vs Michigan
Sat, Oct 10 @ Ohio State
Sat, Oct 24 vs Penn State (in Baltimore)
Sat, Oct 31 @ Iowa
Sat, Nov 7 vs Wisconsin
Sat, Nov 14 @ Michigan State
Sat, Nov 21 vs Indiana
Sat, Nov 28 @ Rutgers

We may lose every game until the the game at Rutgers and while I think we win, I'm not putting money one it. And yes, I am a very pessimistic person…why do you ask?
09-20-2015 07:54 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Re: RE: Maryland is Terrible
(09-20-2015 07:54 PM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  
(09-20-2015 09:31 AM)PIRATE TERP Wrote:  Terps win ... Terps win ... Terps win ... 01-lauramac2 03-banghead 03-puke 04-jawdrop 03-lmfao ... what was the Beatles song ... Long and Ugly Road ... 03-hissyfit

A win is a win…regardless of how ugly it was. Terps fans better enjoy it because I don't see many more on the schedule. Here is what we got:

Sat, Sep 26 @West Virginia
Sat, Oct 3 vs Michigan
Sat, Oct 10 @ Ohio State
Sat, Oct 24 vs Penn State (in Baltimore)
Sat, Oct 31 @ Iowa
Sat, Nov 7 vs Wisconsin
Sat, Nov 14 @ Michigan State
Sat, Nov 21 vs Indiana
Sat, Nov 28 @ Rutgers

We may lose every game until the the game at Rutgers and while I think we win, I'm not putting money one it. And yes, I am a very pessimistic person…why do you ask?

I'm hoping Maryland can pull a win against West Virginia, just to shut up Buttcrunch.
09-21-2015 07:34 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I would LOVE to be wrong about all my predictions. I would love for that to happen. But the last time the Terps won in Morgantown was in 2002.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015 09:57 AM by TerpsNPhoenix.)
09-21-2015 09:57 AM
Advertisement

PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-21-2015 09:57 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  I would LOVE to be wrong about all my predictions. I would love for that to happen. But the last time the Terps won in Morgantown was in 2002.

did not realize that ... OUCH! ... 03-nutkick
09-21-2015 04:54 PM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

Re: Maryland is Terrible
It has been awhile. But let me put a positive thought in your head. What else happened in 2002??? If we win at WVU it MUST mean the Terps are going to win the B-ball Championship. That's how this works. Right???
09-21-2015 07:26 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
What's up w/ Edsell? When he was at UConn I thought he was a solid coach that got the most out of recruits most teams didn't want. I figured he'd do about the same to more at Maryland being that he actually has something to recruit from and such, and could've been Maryland's version of Mark Dantonio. He's been an interesting flop, or is there more to this story?
09-26-2015 06:49 PM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

(09-26-2015 06:49 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  What's up w/ Edsell? When he was at UConn I thought he was a solid coach that got the most out of recruits most teams didn't want. I figured he'd do about the same to more at Maryland being that he actually has something to recruit from and such, and could've been Maryland's version of Mark Dantonio. He's been an interesting flop, or is there more to this story?

I don't have the desire to go in depth now but here are a few of the things that seem to be issues. Player development, half time adjustments, having Lox as his OC (LOVE him as a recruiter, not so much as an OC). That is about all I can write for the moment. I'm to despondent to do any more.
09-26-2015 08:16 PM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/9/27/94...-football. Edsall contract buyout. Hope this works from my phone. I know it's SBN but just for discussion. Also, the comments are hilarious. Complete meltdown.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015 09:35 AM by TerpsNPhoenix.)
09-27-2015 09:15 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
More B10 teams than the Terps either melted down or underperformed Saturday.

Northwestern nearly lost a home to Ball State. Fitz is too conservative in play calling and Kicking a field goal when the offense is 4th an 1 inside the opponent's 5 yard line I just don't like.

Ball State is led by a true Freshman QB and he did not play like one. Ball State ran thru the Cat Defense and pushed NU around unlike Stanford & Duke.

Ball State had the ball last and good thing they ran out of time and were too far deep in their territory to come back. I would not want to schedule them in the next few years. Young receivers and a true Freshman QB.
09-27-2015 04:55 PM
PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

I'll be really surprised if RE runs his contract ... fans will quit showin up ... hopin he makes me look 03-nutkick ... we shall see ... GO TERPS!!!
10-01-2015 02:32 PM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I think fans have already stopped showing up. Many casual fans have checked out until basketball ball season. Maybe they may peek back in for OSU, MSU but they are both going to kill us unless something drastically changes. The game Saturday versus Michigan is is going to be ugly. I am not even talking about results on the field. Game moved from 8 pm to noon because of the hurricane. Terps are going with black uni's and is suppose to be a "blackout" for the crowd. Any TV shots of the stands are going to be EMBARRASSING. A combo of few total fans and the percentage of those who may be wearing maize and blue...not going to look good.
10-01-2015 09:39 PM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
I think people will show up for Harbaugh coming to town but you may be right about how many of those will be Michigan fans.
10-02-2015 07:47 AM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I feel like College Park is going to Ann Arbor south (well…with respect to actual number of fans in the stands). Harbaugh is a draw and a ranked UM is a draw. It seems like many fans (from both sides) may not show because of the weather. I have no doubt about this for MD fans. UM…some may not come but I feel like they would be more likely to come than the Terps. Terps fans may tune in to the TV to catch some of the game/Harbaugh.
10-02-2015 12:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.