Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rutgers Wrestling is doing the damn thing
Bookmark and Share
Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: THE Ohio State
Rutgers Wrestling is doing the damn thing
Big ups to Rutgers having a top 10 ranked program to be proud of. Beat Nebraska, destroyed Sparty, and lost a heartbreaker to Minnesota. Optimism in football and basketball may pan out may not but one things for sure... the grapplers have answered the call. Wrestling at Rutgers has the potential to turn into a revenue sport and is by far the most newly competitive team in the department. Attendance is almost as high as basketball and in my opinion if they held all of the matches at the RAC would probably beat the hoops squad in attendance average this year. A lot of shade has been rightly thrown at the athletics being dreadful but one team that has stepped up in a major way. And my hat is off to them for putting in work.
01-19-2016 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

RE: Rutgers Wrestling is doing the damn thing
Stupid backspace button
01-19-2016 02:26 PM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
We love our wrestling in the Garden State. The high school state finals in Atlantic City are always a big fun crowd.
01-19-2016 05:16 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

Donators
(01-19-2016 02:26 PM)Big Ron Buckeye Wrote:  Stupid backspace button

I closed out the other threads so they should disappear in time. I can just delete them if you're cool with it as well.
01-19-2016 10:09 PM
brista21 Offline

Donators
Wrestling and women's soccer are by far our best-run sports at the moment. And by best-run they really are run by top notch people who can recruit and develop those recruits into top performers. Men's soccer as was seen this year is usually decent but definitely a step below where those two are and women's basketball has fallen behind some. Perennial tournament participants still, but not really a national threat in several years now. Other than that its pretty dreadful. I like the new AD and his clean-house agenda and we'll see how that goes. It also looks like we're finally going to get a proper, dedicated training facility for the basketball teams and wrestling built next to the RAC. And the proper, dedicated training facility for baseball and softball is under way. To me the coaching personnel is the most important thing for success, but at the same time when you don't have proper facilities or even facilities at all for training/practice its going to hurt the development of the student-athlete and its going to hurt recruiting.
01-19-2016 10:15 PM
Advertisement

mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

We dropped a heartbreaker to Minn. I'm glad this snow storm isn't supposed to hit until Sat, we are bringing 50 rec wrestlers to the RU/Wisky meet. RU should win out the rest of the regular season.

That meet with OSU at the Barn is the last BIG meet that's ever going to be held there. Starting with this season, all conference meets will be at the RAC. Scott Goodale has done a tremendous job building the program.
01-21-2016 06:28 PM
Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

(01-21-2016 06:28 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  We dropped a heartbreaker to Minn. I'm glad this snow storm isn't supposed to hit until Sat, we are bringing 50 rec wrestlers to the RU/Wisky meet. RU should win out the rest of the regular season.

That meet with OSU at the Barn is the last BIG meet that's ever going to be held there. Starting with this season, all conference meets will be at the RAC. Scott Goodale has done a tremendous job building the program.

It's my opinion that all of the matches should be held at the RAC. Not to be harsh, but inasmuch as it is an antiquated basketball facility, the place rocks with an energetic crowd. Matches with local schools like Army and Cornell could certainly draw a nice crowd.
01-22-2016 07:22 AM
Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

http://www.app.com/story/sports/college/...=hootsuite

Great article about how Rutgers has built their program up.
02-10-2016 10:23 PM
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

(02-10-2016 10:23 PM)Big Ron Buckeye Wrote:  http://www.app.com/story/sports/college/...=hootsuite

Great article about how Rutgers has built their program up.

Read that this morning. I'd love to know what the five points were. The APP has been much friendlier to RU than the NSL.
02-10-2016 10:53 PM
Advertisement

brista21 Offline

Donators
(01-22-2016 07:22 AM)Big Ron Buckeye Wrote:  
(01-21-2016 06:28 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  We dropped a heartbreaker to Minn. I'm glad this snow storm isn't supposed to hit until Sat, we are bringing 50 rec wrestlers to the RU/Wisky meet. RU should win out the rest of the regular season.

It's my opinion that all of the matches should be held at the RAC. Not to be harsh, but inasmuch as it is an antiquated basketball facility, the place rocks with an energetic crowd. Matches with local schools like Army and Cornell could certainly draw a nice crowd.

Its a great venue for trapping crowd noise, when there is a crowd that has energy in it. But when you're drawing flies to basketball games who don't have much enthusiasm for the putrid on-court product it really shows how ancient the place is. Unfortunately phase 1 of our Big Ten Build plan is only for training facilities for our teams.
02-11-2016 09:59 AM
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
(01-19-2016 02:21 PM)Big Ron Buckeye Wrote:  Big ups to Rutgers having a top 10 ranked program to be proud of. Beat Nebraska, destroyed Sparty, and lost a heartbreaker to Minnesota.

Now how did you miss a loss to Michigan over the weekend ?
02-11-2016 03:10 PM
brista21 Offline

Donators
(02-11-2016 03:10 PM)SeaBlue Wrote:  
(01-19-2016 02:21 PM)Big Ron Buckeye Wrote:  Big ups to Rutgers having a top 10 ranked program to be proud of. Beat Nebraska, destroyed Sparty, and lost a heartbreaker to Minnesota.

Now how did you miss a loss to Michigan over the weekend ?

Maybe my sarcasm detector is off but the OP is from 1/19, over 3 weeks ago.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2016 05:23 PM by brista21.)
02-15-2016 05:22 PM
Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/rutgers...at-lehigh/

Congrats on the B1G win against Lehigh.
02-22-2016 10:05 AM
Advertisement

mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

(02-22-2016 10:05 AM)Big Ron Buckeye Wrote:  http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/rutgers...at-lehigh/

I wasn't feeling good about replacing the Drexel duel with Lehigh, but damn if my boys didn't pull it off. This is great momentum for the post season!
02-22-2016 10:22 PM
Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

(02-22-2016 10:22 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  
(02-22-2016 10:05 AM)Big Ron Buckeye Wrote:  http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/rutgers...at-lehigh/

I wasn't feeling good about replacing the Drexel duel with Lehigh, but damn if my boys didn't pull it off. This is great momentum for the post season!

I love the energy and support Rutgers is receiving from the fans and the press. IMO the Rutgers wrestlers are set up to really be good for a very long time. Already I'd throw them in the tier behind recent National Champs (Penn St, Iowa, Ohio St, & Minnesota.) And rapidly climbing. I didn't expect much from either Maryland or Rutgers in the first few years in volleyball or wrestling because the on-ramp is so daunting. While both schools are a ways away in volleyball... Rutgers has broken through in wrestling much earlier than I thought possible.
I haven't been keeping up with recruiting in wrestling but as in other sports Jersey puts out good wrestlers and I think with the momentum the program has along with B1G membership Rutgets can legitimately keep most of the top wrestling talent in Jersey.
Best of luck (except when going up against the Buckeyes).
02-23-2016 08:15 AM
brista21 Offline

Donators
Thanks Ron. Year 2 has been worse than Year 1 in many ways, but women's soccer and wrestling have been bright spots to be sure.
02-23-2016 12:24 PM
Transic_nyc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Return To Stability
Rutgers to send all 10 weight classes to NCAAs for first time in program history

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/m-w...16aac.html
03-09-2016 05:17 PM
Advertisement

Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

(03-09-2016 05:17 PM)Transic_nyc Wrote:  Rutgers to send all 10 weight classes to NCAAs for first time in program history

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/m-w...16aac.html

I want to use a curse word but I know that the system will asterisk me. So I'll use the Irish... Good Shite!!!
03-09-2016 07:56 PM
Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

05-12-2016 02:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.