Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

code breaking in WWII
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
code breaking in WWII
Interesting read on the value of British code-breaking in WWII.

http://www.historynet.com/world-war-ii-u...weapon.htm

No discussion of the eastern front, but the Soviets also had very good information on German movements.
05-09-2016 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bubbs Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NJIT
RE: code breaking in WWII
(05-09-2016 07:25 PM)bullet Wrote:  Interesting read on the value of British code-breaking in WWII.

http://www.historynet.com/world-war-ii-u...weapon.htm

No discussion of the eastern front, but the Soviets also had very good information on German movements.

Interesting read.
10-10-2016 02:42 AM
Advertisement

CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
The battle for accurate and effective intelligence was a major part of WWII and it makes me smile to see it recognized. I saw The Imitation Game in theatres back in 2014 and my interest in the subject grew from there. Fascinating stuff.
10-12-2016 08:41 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
There's a really good museum about the Navajo code talkers in Kayenta, Arizona. It's small (maybe 1500 square feet) but really well done.

It's amusing because all the signs say it's "at the Burger King" (which is true) but it actually ended up being really good.
03-22-2017 07:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.