Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Get Rid of ESPN
Bookmark and Share
Strut Online
2nd String

I Root For: Sparty aka MSU
Get Rid of ESPN
If B1G is no longer available on ESPN is there a way to get rid of it and save $5-$7 a month off my bill?

I know people sometimes ask for certain channels to be ADDED but can you have channels REMOVED? What if you still have to pay can you have it REMOVED?
05-11-2016 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Ron Buckeye Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: THE Ohio State
RE: Get Rid of ESPN
(05-11-2016 09:25 PM)Strut Wrote:  If B1G is no longer available on ESPN is there a way to get rid of it and save $5-$7 a month off my bill?

I know people sometimes ask for certain channels to be ADDED but can you have channels REMOVED? What if you still have to pay can you have it REMOVED?

FYI Verizon just won a major case against ESPN as far as bundling is concerned. I hadn't read and researched and it may be nothing but it may give you an option similar to what you seek.
05-11-2016 10:10 PM
General Mike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
I have Comcast. Their lowest tier does not include ESPN, but it doesn't include much of anything either as I cut back for a few months and lost every single sports channel.
05-13-2016 09:11 PM
Strut Online
2nd String

Thanks for tips, based on recent news looking like I won't need ESPN at all to watch B1G.
05-18-2016 08:13 PM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Online
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Get Rid of ESPN
You'll still need ESPN to watch the bowl games & the CFP.
05-24-2016 07:26 PM
Strut Online
2nd String

I know a pretty good sports bar in that case, I'd have to hold my nose and watch the dreaded 4 letter network.
05-25-2016 11:19 AM
akhosrof Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Indiana/Tulane
Get Rid of ESPN
I agree good riddance to ESPN if they don't want to pay up. Conference will be just fine with Fox and NBC (assuming they get the other half).
05-25-2016 07:11 PM
Strut Online
2nd String

ESPN reminds me of Blockbuster Video, they thought it was about them instead of the product/movies and how they treat people. Netflix & Redbox (Fox, NBC, CBS, Twitter, Apple TV) come along and buh bye Blockbuster (ESPN).

It was really funny when Blockbuster was begging me to rent movies when I went from renting 12-15 movies a month to turning in my Blockbuster card.

I'm counting down until the same happens for ESPN (Ala Carte). I know...never mind anchors and talent are leaving in droves; don't pay any attention to the man behind that curtain the great OZ has spoken.
05-25-2016 08:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.