Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scouting The Future In FB at the HS Level
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa Univ
Scouting The Future In FB at the HS Level
If anyone is interested in checking out the future HS "commits" we hopefully will sign this year, you might consider going to some local games in the Tulsa area. Here are a few early games of interest.

Shamari Brooks (5-10 190 RB) Union HS - Sept 2 vs BA at Union Stadium and Sept 9 vs Jenks (at TU)

Seth Boomer (6-3 190 QB) Collinsville HS - Aug 26 at Tulsa East Central

Garrett Flanary (6-3 275 DE) Lincoln Christian HS - Sept 9 at Holland Hall and Sept 16 vs Seminole at LC

If you get an opportunity and belong to rivals, take a look at the highlights of these kids, especially Boomer. This young man has a lot of tools - the wheels, the arm, the elusiveness and the size. He is appropriately named (Boomer).
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 03:04 PM by rabidTU2.)
08-05-2016 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

RE: Scouting The Future In FB at the HS Level
More local commits coming on board.

Ryan Patrick (6-4 220 LBer) Tulsa Bishop Kelly - Sept 2 vs Tulsa Edison and Sept 16 at Sapulpa

Zaven Collins (6-4 220 Athlete) Hominy - Sept 1 vs Cleveland and Sept 23 at Mounds

If you live close by or can make the games to watch these kids, please do. We need to show we already care about them, even before they sign.

BTW I use Vype magazine as a source. That magazine was founded and is headed by Austin Chadwick who is a former Offensive Lineman at TU and has a great publication. Next time you're at the grocery store or Walmart, Walgreens etc, please support this publication if you can. Also, Austin is a regular on the KTULTV Channel 8 Sports Extra on sunday nights. I really like that channel, especially John Moss. They also have Monty on quite a bit as a guest so please watch them and make them our main TU sports destination.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016 11:11 AM by rabidTU2.)
08-17-2016 11:09 AM
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

Just a reminder: Collinsville at Tulsa East Central this coming Friday evening at 7pm. See you there! Root for Collinsville if you are neutral otherwise.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2016 01:09 PM by rabidTU2.)
08-21-2016 02:50 PM
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

Good news all around last night. Collinsville won 47-0 which wasn't a big surprise to me. Seth Boomer played well, but I noticed his receivers may not be as good as he is. They had a hard time getting open and catching the ball. But they emphasized the run over the pass most of the night and played safe. I saw quite a bit of TU gear at the game and I sat on the Tulsa East Central side in the "big bleachers" rather than the Collinsville side.

On the way back from the Collinsville game, I listened to the Union vs South Lake Carroll game in the Dallas area. Union came through and won a hard fought contest down there 21-10. Shamari Brooks was making some nice late runs according to Rick Couri - our color guy on the TU radio network. According to Rick, Brooks broke several tackles on the last TD run. South Lake Carroll is a very good program down there BTW. So I'm going to make a prediction that they - Union - win the 6A-I State Championship. But I can be "occasionally" wrong. :)
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016 09:57 AM by rabidTU2.)
08-27-2016 09:53 AM
Advertisement

rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

HS game of the week as far as i'm concerned will be played at Tulsa Union stadium at about 7pm between the Redskins and Broken Arrow Tigers. TU commit Shamari Brooks who helped Union defeat South Lake Carroll (Texas) last week will be on the field. This is a big game on a big stage and could be close to a sellout in one of the best HS venues in this part of the country. Both coaches are TU grads - BA coach and former NFL player David Alexander for BA (who sent us Rowdy Frederick last year) against Union coach Kirk Fridrich and TU commit Brooks.

Be there on Friday night if you can and afterwards rest up for our game Saturday at TU against SJS at 6pm. The weather for both games will be absolutely great for this time of year - low 80's at gametime to mid-70's at end of game.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 09:51 AM by rabidTU2.)
09-01-2016 09:50 AM
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

I went to the Backyard bowl last night. Good crowd and entertaining game. Union lost to Jenks but the best player on the field was Shamari Brooks (TU commit) who rushed for 241 yards and literally couldn't be stopped. The problem with Union was they couldn't match the accuracy of the Jenks QB and Unions safeties need a lot of work on both tackling and coverage skills.

We are obviously acumulating a lot of very nice running backs for the future.
09-10-2016 01:29 PM
rabidTU2 Offline
1st String

(08-27-2016 09:53 AM)rabidTU2 Wrote:  On the way back from the Collinsville game, I listened to the Union vs South Lake Carroll game in the Dallas area. Union came through and won a hard fought contest down there 21-10. Shamari Brooks was making some nice late runs according to Rick Couri - our color guy on the TU radio network. According to Rick, Brooks broke several tackles on the last TD run. South Lake Carroll is a very good program down there BTW. So I'm going to make a prediction that they - Union - win the 6A-I State Championship. But I can be "occasionally" wrong. :)

The way it ended with a Tulsa Union victory, I guess I was correct about Union. Congratulations to the Redskins who were dominant over the champions of western Oklahoma. Welcome to TU Shamari!
12-04-2016 12:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.