ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for fans visiting App State and NC State
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
If you have already purchased tickets What sections were your seats in? Looking for tickets on stub hub and wanted to make sure we sit somewhere close to Monarch Nation.I see the Visitor sections in the seating chart of both Kidd Brewer and Carter finley and want to make sure they are correct indeed.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2016 09:40 AM by 12thmonarch.)
08-23-2016 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owynn Offline
2nd String

RE: Question for fans visiting App State and NC State
Uncertain of our seats since we bought them through Ynot Tix, but I'm assuming they're in the visitors section (NC State game). They should be here by week's end, so I'll follow up.
08-23-2016 09:53 AM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(08-23-2016 09:53 AM)owynn Wrote:  Uncertain of our seats since we bought them through Ynot Tix, but I'm assuming they're in the visitors section (NC State game). They should be here by week's end, so I'll follow up.

Thanks 04-cheers
08-23-2016 10:05 AM
99Monarch Offline
Bench Warmer

For NC State, ours are Upper Sideline 12, Row P. I bought these off StubHub a couple months ago.
08-23-2016 01:20 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(08-23-2016 01:20 PM)99Monarch Wrote:  For NC State, ours are Upper Sideline 12, Row P. I bought these off StubHub a couple months ago.

I think sec 12 is home section as well.

[Image: Carter_Finley_Stadium_Map_629.jpg?id=11616]
08-23-2016 02:41 PM
Grommet Offline
Shamma Lamma Ding Dong

Lord, I hope they treat y'all better than they treat UNC fans. Just in case, bring an umbrella if you;re on the lower level.
08-23-2016 04:31 PM
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(08-23-2016 04:31 PM)Grommet Wrote:  Lord, I hope they treat y'all better than they treat UNC fans. Just in case, bring an umbrella if you;re on the lower level.

I haven't made the trip last time but heard our guys were treated well. AFAIK No one comes close to WVU folks as far as mistreating the visiting fans.
08-23-2016 04:48 PM
ODU2K1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
NC State will be pretty chill. The fans were super nice last time. I would highly suggest trying to score a parking pass for the stadium or arena lots. I picked one off eBay last trip down for like $25/35 and it was much closer than the fairgrounds.
08-23-2016 05:07 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

I Root For: .ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(08-23-2016 04:48 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(08-23-2016 04:31 PM)Grommet Wrote:  Lord, I hope they treat y'all better than they treat UNC fans. Just in case, bring an umbrella if you;re on the lower level.

I haven't made the trip last time but heard our guys were treated well. AFAIK No one comes close to WVU folks as far as mistreating the visiting fans.

I have been to just a few away games with the Monarchs. Ranking in order -1 being the most cordial with weight on how they treated us walking around and the invitations to join the enemy at their tailgate events. Most were very receptive and welcoming. I must say the worst was by far Towson, where the students bombarded a group of ODU fans with paper cups filled with coke (we were in the middle of that sticky mess). Everyone has a different prospective and circumstances surround your visit. At the Maryland game, we had friends that are Maryland Alumni and fans, that group obviously treated us very well because of our association and friendship. The same could be said for NC State, we meet friends and had a great time. The ushers went out of their way at the UNC game and the transportation to get to and from the stadium was terrific, and yes I have a few issues that can make it difficult, but they were unbelievably helpful.

1). ECU
2) Maryland
3) UNC
4) NC State
5) W&M
6) Richmond
7) JMU
8) Norfolk State
9) Hampton
10) Towson
08-23-2016 05:17 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

The rankings reflect how much of a threat we are to win the game. The graciousness is really just condescending. If the fans thought we might win they'd be far less friendly IMHO
08-23-2016 06:23 PM
Beans N Cornbread Offline
2nd String

At away games in larger stadiums I learned my lesson to find the cheapest ticket and then sit wherever you want
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2016 08:49 PM by Beans N Cornbread.)
08-23-2016 07:00 PM
Advertisement

owynn Offline
2nd String

We went in 2014. The fan base was nothing short of nice. One guy even welcomed us to Raleigh as we walked on the concourse. We're going with my wife's aunt and uncle again who live down there, and their neighbor (big NC State fan/alum) has invited us to his tailgate. Should be fun times.
08-23-2016 07:05 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

I have been to every home game and 15 away games. The best treatment was from ECU fans after we lost. Second was the pregame with UNC fans who most were talking about how great of a FCS team we were. I left town quick never speaking to any UNC fans. The worst home game for me was the playoff game vs. Norfolk State. There was a group of NSU fans who didnt respect anyone in ODU gear and were sitting in the wrong seats. NPD/ NSD had to get involved so that the people with tickets to them seats could sit.
08-23-2016 07:52 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(08-23-2016 05:17 PM)ODU Oldtimer Wrote:  
(08-23-2016 04:48 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

I have been to just a few away games with the Monarchs. Ranking in order -1 being the most cordial with weight on how they treated us walking around and the invitations to join the enemy at their tailgate events. Most were very receptive and welcoming. I must say the worst was by far Towson, where the students bombarded a group of ODU fans with paper cups filled with coke (we were in the middle of that sticky mess). Everyone has a different prospective and circumstances surround your visit. At the Maryland game, we had friends that are Maryland Alumni and fans, that group obviously treated us very well because of our association and friendship. The same could be said for NC State, we meet friends and had a great time. The ushers went out of their way at the UNC game and the transportation to get to and from the stadium was terrific, and yes I have a few issues that can make it difficult, but they were unbelievably helpful.

1). ECU
2) Maryland
3) UNC
4) NC State
5) W&M
6) Richmond
7) JMU
8) Norfolk State
9) Hampton
10) Towson

(08-23-2016 07:52 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  I have been to every home game and 15 away games. The best treatment was from ECU fans after we lost. Second was the pregame with UNC fans who most were talking about how great of a FCS team we were. I left town quick never speaking to any UNC fans. The worst home game for me was the playoff game vs. Norfolk State. There was a group of NSU fans who didnt respect anyone in ODU gear and were sitting in the wrong seats. NPD/ NSD had to get involved so that the people with tickets to them seats could sit.

I Agree with ECU being the nicest to the games i have been. A lot of fans on and off campus were gracious in greeting us and welcoming to Greenville.
08-23-2016 08:20 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I just saw this on ODUsports.com. Is anybody taking the bus or still considering taking the bus to the NC State game?

http://www.odusports.com/HomePage.dbml?D...31100&KEY=
08-25-2016 08:03 AM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

(08-25-2016 08:03 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  I just saw this on ODUsports.com. Is anybody taking the bus or still considering taking the bus to the NC State game?

I saw on venture tour site for around $95 with ticket. I reminded myself I would never take another bus trip after the ECU game. Horrible experience even with a bottle of crown royal. Two 50 something year old brothers got drunk started fighting with each other, older lady puked all over the restroom, we lost AC and no wifi going down. On the return trip we had to wait for one of the players mom for hour and 15 minutes to find her happy butt back to the bus before we could leave.
08-25-2016 12:04 PM
Advertisement

ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

(08-25-2016 12:04 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  
(08-25-2016 08:03 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  I just saw this on ODUsports.com. Is anybody taking the bus or still considering taking the bus to the NC State game?

I saw on venture tour site for around $95 with ticket. I reminded myself I would never take another bus trip after the ECU game. Horrible experience even with a bottle of crown royal. Two 50 something year old brothers got drunk started fighting with each other, older lady puked all over the restroom, we lost AC and no wifi going down. On the return trip we had to wait for one of the players mom for hour and 15 minutes to find her happy butt back to the bus before we could leave.

Thanks. So -- I think I will let this opportunity slide on by, hook the laptop up to the TV and watch this one on ESPN-3.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2016 01:10 PM by ODU AGGIE.)
08-25-2016 12:46 PM
RoanokeMonarch Offline
1st String

(08-25-2016 12:04 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  

To be fair and reflect the other side, I and friends took the bus to ECU also. I actually drove from Roanoke to Norfolk, just to take the bus. We had a great time. Yes, we lost, but traveling with friends, it was great fun. We talked and laughed both going down and coming back. I may have been on the same bus as AimHigh, we had to wait long after all the other buses left. But, it was okay. She finally found the bus, all was well. You can't let other folks cause you to have a bad time. At least, I don't. Live is too short....
So, taking the bus is a easy way to go to an away game, instead of driving. I drove to NC State last time and will again next month. It's easier for me personally, since I live on the other side of Raleigh. But, if I lived in Tidewater and wanted to go to the game, but didn't want to drive, I would certainly take the bus trip again.
Go Monarchs!!! 04-cheers
08-28-2016 12:04 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

I Root For: .ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
A few years back took the Venture tour bus to JMU, was a great trip and they treated us like royalty.
08-28-2016 08:00 PM
Quagmire Offline
Special Teams

Watching App State vs Tennessee. App State, as expected, is very very good.

Our hands will be full considering they will have 9 days rest to our 6 (not including the travel day).
09-01-2016 07:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.