Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Slaves Were Immigrants Who Came Here And Worked Really Hard ‘For Less
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Slaves Were Immigrants Who Came Here And Worked Really Hard ‘For Less
Ben Carson: Slaves Were Immigrants Who Came Here And Worked Really Hard ‘For Less

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben-...be1467634f

"Ben Carson made his debut as secretary of Housing and Urban Development Monday by telling agency employees about the virtues of the “can-do” American society. Carson said this value system was best exemplified by slaves, whom he characterized as immigrants who came to the United States with very little and worked very hard.

“That’s what America is about,” Carson said. “A land of dreams and opportunity. There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great grandsons, great granddaughters might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land.”

What kind of nonsense is this? I don't know where to begin. I did't realize slaves came to America on their on freewill. And worked hard for less? I didn't realized they got paid. Is a slave an immigrant?
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 09:21 PM by pcm0103.)
03-06-2017 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
RE: Slaves Were Immigrants Who Came Here And Worked Really Hard ‘For Less
It was his turn among the Cabinet members and Trump staffers to make an incredibly stupid comment and take off some heat on the boss.
03-06-2017 09:22 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(03-06-2017 09:22 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  It was his turn among the Cabinet members and Trump staffers to make an incredibly stupid comment and take off some heat on the boss.

LOL......
03-06-2017 09:23 PM
LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
(03-06-2017 09:15 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  What kind of nonsense is this? I don't know where to begin. I did't realize slaves came to America on their on freewill. And worked hard for less? I didn't realized they got paid. Is a slave an immigrant?

What amazes me is how the progressives will find anything connected to the Trump administration as offensive. Damn, you people just can't find enough things to complain about.

Really, you lost. You're irrelevant. You need to wake the **** up.
03-06-2017 09:32 PM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(03-06-2017 09:32 PM)LeFlâneur Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 09:15 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  What kind of nonsense is this? I don't know where to begin. I did't realize slaves came to America on their on freewill. And worked hard for less? I didn't realized they got paid. Is a slave an immigrant?

What amazes me is how the progressives will find anything connected to the Trump administration as offensive. Damn, you people just can't find enough things to complain about.

Excuse me? Thats because it is offensive. I didn't post it because its connected to his administration. If so I would of said look at what Ben Carson who was picked by Trump said. That's the problem with you cons. Always trying to twist something around. And I will complain about what the hell i want to complain about, starting with this nonsense this man just stated. What amazes me is how you can even open your mouth to say what you just said. You're irrelevant for even trying to turn this post into something that its not. How about you wake your a** up and walk out of this thread. If you don't like it then get the hell on!
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 09:58 PM by pcm0103.)
03-06-2017 09:39 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

Putting on my Trumper cap (similar fit to the Obama cap, but with weirder embroidery):

So what? One of his cabinet members teetered upon absurdity again. I realize this and know that it's going to happen over and over. Luckily, we as Trump supporters are in a position to never have to acknowledge it. We'll just call you whiners and move on to a more tasteful thread that praises him.

Taking it off:

I don't find much offense in this. It's just another loopy statement by a loopy person. If he says that the Pyramids were for storing grain and that Joseph was in charge of that, then this is a statement that I would expect him to make. We all know a person like him. Smart as a whip, but you really hang around him to hear the impending dumb statement. Complete a surgery in the morning and talk about the earth being flat in the afternoon.

Those slaves on ships, while they DID eventually start to hope that the future generations could live better than them through the groundwork they were laying, were on their second transaction and were about to go through at least one more in the coming weeks. I think lumping them in with other immigrants is dumb.
03-06-2017 10:11 PM
Advertisement

South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Are just a as offended by the African's which sold their brethren into slavery for some Hooch?
03-06-2017 10:39 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-06-2017 10:39 PM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Are just a as offended by the African's which sold their brethren into slavery for some Hooch?

They weren't brethren. It might be the most diverse continent in the world and this was before colonialism. They had no reason to care. Guns and supplies in exchange for enemies that you have almost zero in common with was a good deal. They ended up paying dearly for it at the end of the day when they were in turn made slaves on their own land.
03-06-2017 10:50 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(03-06-2017 09:39 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  

Excuse me? Thats because it is offensive. I didn't post it because its connected to his administration. If so I would of said look at what Ben Carson who was picked by Trump said. That's the problem with you cons. Always trying to twist something around. And I will complain about what the hell i want to complain about, starting with this nonsense this man just stated. What amazes me is how you can even open your mouth to say what you just said. You're irrelevant for even trying to turn this post into something that its not. How about you wake your a** up and walk out of this thread. If you don't like it then get the hell on!

Flex those keyboard muscles, son. Flex 'em!!
03-06-2017 11:07 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
He should've said, slaves in the americas were much better off than they were prior as slaves in Africa, and left it at that.
03-06-2017 11:18 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-06-2017 11:18 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  He should've said, slaves in the americas were much better off than they were prior as slaves in Africa, and left it at that.

I agree. Or just not bring slaves in it.
03-06-2017 11:20 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
What a ******* stupid statement. Period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
03-06-2017 11:44 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(03-06-2017 11:44 PM)fsquid Wrote:  What a ******* stupid statement. Period.

comma, exclamation point! question mark? semi-colon; colon:
03-06-2017 11:57 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(03-06-2017 09:15 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  I didn't realize slaves came to America on their own freewill.
They didn't. The problem here is the idea that "immigration" refers ONLY to a voluntary/autonomous act on the part of an individual person. I don't understand where that idea came from, but I disagree with it.

Quote:And worked hard for less? I didn't realize they got paid.
Some slave-owners would use cash-payments or other material rewards as a way to try and incentivize more productivity. That is not to say that the payments reflected market-value.

Quote:Is a slave an immigrant?
It depends if they spend their whole life in one country, or not.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 12:13 AM by Native Georgian.)
03-07-2017 12:04 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Ben Carson is raciss.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
03-07-2017 06:01 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Obviously...It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know how stupid that comment was.
03-07-2017 06:25 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Looks like he corrected himself via social media. He's a smart man but don't let the guy ad lib or you get facepaln comments like that.

03-07-2017 06:26 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

You sound angry. And that's the problem with progressives. You are desperately floundering around for something to make you angry. I suggest you look up the definition of immigrant. Slaves, whether they were African or Irish, fall into the definition.

What the comment really reminded me of was a speech some guy gave, "I have a dream..."
03-07-2017 08:08 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(03-07-2017 08:08 AM)bullet Wrote:  

You sound angry. And that's the problem with progressives. You are desperately floundering around for something to make you angry. I suggest you look up the definition of immigrant. Slaves, whether they were African or Irish, fall into the definition.

What the comment really reminded me of was a speech some guy gave, "I have a dream..."
And that's the problem with cons, always assuming. You assume I am angry at what Ben said but if you would take the time to read my post, you will clearly see I am upset with the poster and his response on what I said about Bens comment.

You see I don't have to go floundering around to find things to make me angry when it is presented to me on a silver plate. And if his speech reminds you of Dr. Martin Luther King then i highly recommend you reread both speeches for a better understanding.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 08:47 AM by pcm0103.)
03-07-2017 08:44 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-07-2017 08:44 AM)pcm0103 Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 08:08 AM)bullet Wrote:  

And that's the problem with cons, always assuming. You assume I am angry at what Ben said but if you would take the time to read my post, you will clearly see I am upset with the poster and his response on what I said about Bens comment.

You see I don't have to go floundering around to find things to make me angry when it is presented to me on a silver plate. And if his speech reminds you of Dr. Martin Luther King then i highly recommend you reread both speeches for a better understanding.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You are using ****. You WERE angry.
03-07-2017 09:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.