Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lost Another One
Bookmark and Share
JunctaJuvant Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: X-mas Cookies
Lost Another One
I went to UC during the early 90's. Two things I vividly remember: those great basketball teams and the grunge music scene. Sad to hear that we lost another one, Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave. Kurt Cobain had depression. Lane Staley and Scott Weiland were drug addicts. But this one just doesn't make sense.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 07:54 AM by JunctaJuvant.)
05-18-2017 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eroc Online
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
RE: Lost Another One
(05-18-2017 07:23 AM)JunctaJuvant Wrote:  I went to UC during the early 90's. Two things I vividly remember: those great basketball teams and the grunge music scene. Sad to hear that we lost another one, Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave. Kurt Cobain had depression. Lane Staley was a drug addict. But this one just doesn't make sense.

Say hello 2 heaven is part of the soundtrack of my life. This is incredibly sad.

05-18-2017 07:32 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
If UC had like a high school reunion for the graduating class of 1995, Soundgarten's Superunknown would have been the theme album.

It sucks outliving artists you grew up listening to.

Suicide is the ultimate long term solution to short term problems.

05-18-2017 09:46 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Saw Chris Cornell and Audioslave more than a decade ago at Riverband. There were a ton of bands there: Incubus, Jane's Addiction, Queens of the Stone Age and Jurassic 5 to name a few. Nobody rocked harder than Audioslave that day and nobody got the reception Chris Cornell did.

05-18-2017 10:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
The best seats I've ever had for a show was second row at the 1992 Lollapalooza at Riverbend - Pearl Jam, Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Ice Cube, Ministry, and Jesus and Mary Chain. Pretty much solidified grunge as the formative soundtrack of my youth. RIP, Chris. You were a great one.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 10:23 AM by geef.)
05-18-2017 10:23 AM
Advertisement

SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

Donators
Just look at the early and mid 90's bands that I grew up with. Nirvana, STP, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains. Only Eddie Veddar is still with us of the frontman.

05-18-2017 02:27 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Awful news. Just sad. Apparently he hanged himself in his hotel room. I feel so bad for his wife and two children. Chris Cornell had one of the best voices in modern hard rock but he was also a great songwriter and musician. He could hit power vocal screams with ease and also sing beautifully in a softer tone. He will be missed.

05-18-2017 07:58 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RIP Chris.

05-18-2017 08:02 PM
SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

Donators
Leave It to Cody Jinks to Give a Proper Country Tribute to Chris Cornell
May 19, 2017

Quote:If Sturgill Simpson is today’s country music equivalent to Kurt Cobain, then perhaps a similar parallel can be drawn between Cody Jinks and Soundgarden/Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell. It’s no longer a matter of if, but when Cody’s name is included as a default in the conversation with guys like Sturgill, Isbell, and Stapleton for who is leading the pack in a new, independent era in country and roots music.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/leave-...s-cornell/

05-20-2017 01:10 PM
SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

Donators

05-20-2017 01:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.