RE: Pat Forde calls for death penalty for Louisville hoops
Hes a Kentucky fan. Always was.
09-26-2017 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Even still, it might happen. NCAA's reaction will be interesting. Pitino is done for life though... Yikes
09-26-2017 05:57 PM
Insane_Baboon Offline
1st String

I Root For: VT & UCF
If Louisville gets the death penalty (big if, I know), does the ACC look to replace them?
09-26-2017 06:56 PM
mike012779 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
Even with a death penalty Louisville is still better then BC in basketball , so I doubt it
09-26-2017 07:00 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

And threatening the university... Goodness, this is not good. Very sorry, UofL fans, about what is undoubtedly coming... At least Pitino probably won't ever coach again.

QUOTE - As for any possibility of Rick Pitino being fired, Pence (Pitino's lawyer) said he had heard nothing and, "That would be fairly reckless of the university."
09-26-2017 07:06 PM
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
(09-26-2017 06:56 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  If Louisville gets the death penalty (big if, I know), does the ACC look to replace them?

No. If the spread incidents spread to multiple sports, the ACC might be receptive to a mutual departure (i.e. waving exit fees, releasing them from the GoR).
09-26-2017 07:06 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
(09-26-2017 06:56 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  If Louisville gets the death penalty (big if, I know), does the ACC look to replace them?

Right now, we're only talking about men's basketball. It'd be a 14 team basketball conference for 2? years (based on SMU) and 14 team football conference. No need to do anything.
09-26-2017 07:11 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
What a shock – Louisville is mired in corruption. What?! Who could’ve possibly seen this coming? I don’t know the details yet but I do know that Pitino definitely had nothing to do with any of this. It had to all be the fault of that cab driver in Kansas City.

And Miami is also cheating again? No way! I refuse to believe that.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017 08:04 PM by Dr. Isaly von Yinzer.)
09-26-2017 07:51 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-26-2017 07:51 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  What a shock – Louisville is mired in corruption. What?! Who could’ve possibly seen this coming? I don’t know the details yet but I do know that Pitino definitely had nothing to do with any of this. It had to all be the fault of that cab driver in Kansas City.

And Miami is also cheating again? No way! I refuse to believe that.

There was only a passing reference to Miami, in that a coach was somehow involved with a couple of the subjects. I don't think we will be hurt very much by this
09-26-2017 08:32 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(09-26-2017 05:22 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Hes a Kentucky fan. Always was.

I know right? Don't mind him getting courtside seats for Pat at few years back and writing a book for Pitino.
[Image: 9780061626630-us.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017 09:08 PM by KNIGHTTIME.)
09-26-2017 09:04 PM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(09-26-2017 09:04 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  

I know right? Don't mind him getting courtside seats for Pat at few years back and writing a book for Pitino.

He was assigned by the Louisville Courier Journal to cover Louisville. He often admitted publicly He was a Kentucky fan first. Rick Bozich on WDRB covers Louisville but is an Indiana fan.
09-26-2017 10:27 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
I doubt it happens because of how much it punished schools other than SMU the last time the NCAA used it.

That being said, this situation truly would deserve it by NCAA rules which differs from when everyone was calling for it for Penn State.
09-26-2017 11:16 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(09-26-2017 11:16 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  I doubt it happens because of how much it punished schools other than SMU the last time the NCAA used it.

That being said, this situation truly would deserve it by NCAA rules which differs from when everyone was calling for it for Penn State.

IMO, KJ gonna sing very loudly. Watch out B10. Cloudy today for us but tomorrow promises to be Sonny. I wonder if an Auburn coach will turn on who knew what at ESPN? I hate it for my school but hopefully it turns out for the best for college sports. I am thrilled to find out that football is above all this mess! After all, if it wasn't, surely the FBI would be/get involved.
09-27-2017 12:15 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(09-27-2017 12:15 AM)Dasville Wrote:  
(09-26-2017 11:16 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  I doubt it happens because of how much it punished schools other than SMU the last time the NCAA used it.

IMO, KJ gonna sing very loudly. Watch out B10. Cloudy today for us but tomorrow promises to be Sonny. I wonder if an Auburn coach will turn on who knew what at ESPN? I hate it for my school but hopefully it turns out for the best for college sports. I am thrilled to find out that football is above all this mess! After all, if it wasn't, surely the FBI would be/get involved.

Football isn't above this and I imagine when all is said and done the schools who sold out for the shoe brands there will be caught up in this as well.
09-27-2017 12:42 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(09-26-2017 10:27 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
(09-26-2017 09:04 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  

He was assigned by the Louisville Courier Journal to cover Louisville. He often admitted publicly He was a Kentucky fan first. Rick Bozich on WDRB covers Louisville but is an Indiana fan.

Please...he wrote a book for him. He had direct communication with him. He was always courtside. He even helped Pitino land Kevin Ware. The kid that Louisville tossed ucf under the bus when they buy him gifts and whores. Louisville has been dirty for a while. Remember that elite class with literally the top players from south Florida that went to Louisville football? Those guys were recruited by Clint Hurtt which Louisville knew was dirty. This is the tip of the iceberg for a corrupt athletic program. None of the recent accomplishments are legit. All are based on cheating.
09-27-2017 07:27 AM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Petino should be fired yesterday.
09-27-2017 07:55 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-26-2017 07:06 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  

No. If the spread incidents spread to multiple sports, the ACC might be receptive to a mutual departure (i.e. waving exit fees, releasing them from the GoR).

Sunbelt...
09-27-2017 07:58 AM
H.U.S.T.L.E. Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: VT / JMU
(09-27-2017 12:42 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Football isn't above this and I imagine when all is said and done the schools who sold out for the shoe brands there will be caught up in this as well.

While there is certainly big money funneled by the apparel companies into football, their influence is much more ingrained in the grassroots levels of basketball as the potential profits are much easier to project.

When you've got elite basketball prospects only staying in school for 1 year, the opportunity for endorsements comes much earlier. It's also easier to market a basketball player, as they're one of ten players on the court at any one time and their likeness isn't covered up for large portions of the time they're on camera during a game.

There's a reason apparel companies have targeted basketball more than football - it's easier to project future star professionals (and thus, easier ROI) in basketball than football given the sheer numbers differences in the two sports.
09-27-2017 08:01 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(09-27-2017 12:42 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Thank you Dicky V!
09-27-2017 02:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.