Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNC sanctions day will be Friday the 13th
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
http://collegebasketball.ap.org/article/...ase-friday

Quote:The NCAA infractions committee panel handling North Carolina's multi-year academic case plans to release its ruling Friday, three people with knowledge of the investigation said.

The people said the NCAA notified parties involved in the case Thursday morning. They spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because neither the school nor the NCAA have commented publicly on the release.
10-12-2017 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
RE: UNC sanctions day will be Friday the 13th
If that's the case it would only be fitting if Jason Voorhees carried out the sentencing......

03-nerner
10-12-2017 12:14 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
We anticipate an unfavorable ruling (the NCAA has broken so many of their own rules to get this far to be fair). We will appeal and if turned down, we will have to fight it out in court.
10-12-2017 12:24 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(10-12-2017 12:24 PM)XLance Wrote:  We anticipate an unfavorable ruling (the NCAA has broken so many of their own rules to get this far to be fair). We will appeal and if turned down, we will have to fight it out in court.

That you are building up the punishment is hillarious. UNC is a fighter!

Long live the fighters!

10-12-2017 12:31 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(10-12-2017 11:35 AM)Wedge Wrote:  http://collegebasketball.ap.org/article/...ase-friday

Quote:The NCAA infractions committee panel handling North Carolina's multi-year academic case plans to release its ruling Friday, three people with knowledge of the investigation said.

The people said the NCAA notified parties involved in the case Thursday morning. They spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because neither the school nor the NCAA have commented publicly on the release.

Is there a message with that date?

It could be bad for UNC or bad for the NCAA.
10-12-2017 12:42 PM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
(10-12-2017 12:24 PM)XLance Wrote:  We anticipate an unfavorable ruling (the NCAA has broken so many of their own rules to get this far to be fair). We will appeal and if turned down, we will have to fight it out in court.

Yeah how dare they try and punish a program that steered athletes to no show classes?
10-12-2017 02:05 PM
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota

Fight the good fight!
10-12-2017 02:53 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(10-12-2017 12:14 PM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  If that's the case it would only be fitting if Jason Voorhees carried out the sentencing......

03-nerner

Memes involving him and UNC will take over the internet forever!
10-12-2017 08:48 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Aw Friday the 13th, the day the Knights Templar met their demise. They killed in an effort to find and protect the grail. It would be fitting indeed for the Knights Chapel to meet their demise on this day. They have lied and perpetrated fraud in an effort to find and protect banners. The symmetry would be wonderful!
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 09:46 PM by JRsec.)
10-12-2017 09:45 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-12-2017 12:42 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 11:35 AM)Wedge Wrote:  http://collegebasketball.ap.org/article/...ase-friday

I think we have the answer. The beginning of the end of the NCAA. Whether they officially disappear or not, they are now irrelevant.
10-13-2017 11:07 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(10-13-2017 11:07 AM)bullet Wrote:  

I think we have the answer. The beginning of the end of the NCAA. Whether they officially disappear or not, they are now irrelevant.

This is absolutely true. Why should any school accept a sanction from them now?
10-13-2017 02:20 PM
Advertisement

RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
(10-13-2017 02:20 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

This is absolutely true. Why should any school accept a sanction from them now?

Well because they are still the authority that has been set up by the members themselves. Every other school would go along with the sanction. If say UofL is banned from post season play and they say "Nah we don't accept that" they aren't just going to show up at some NCAA game and try to play. If they have scholarships taken away and then they say "Nah we aren't going to do that." The other schools will back up the NCAA and either not play them or threaten to kick them out of the conference/NCAA.
10-13-2017 02:27 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California

Myron Medcalf at ESPN wrote this:

Quote:After nearly four years of an intense and combative back-and-forth with North Carolina -- the school had repeatedly challenged the NCAA's jurisdiction throughout the investigation -- the committee on infractions cleared the Tar Heels. That's a devastating development for the NCAA, which was already facing questions and concerns about its authority, necessity and future in Division I athletics after the FBI's investigation.
10-13-2017 02:46 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2017 02:46 PM)Wedge Wrote:  

Quote:After nearly four years of an intense and combative back-and-forth with North Carolina -- the school had repeatedly challenged the NCAA's jurisdiction throughout the investigation -- the committee on infractions cleared the Tar Heels. That's a devastating development for the NCAA, which was already facing questions and concerns about its authority, necessity and future in Division I athletics after the FBI's investigation.

Three of the 6 people on the COI had legal backgrounds. They knew that the NCAA had no legal standing and could put the NCAA in financial jeopardy with any other verdict.
10-13-2017 06:20 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Put the NCAA aside for a moment, SACS is just as worthless & they undeniably had the power & right to pull NC accreditation & yet only gave them a year probation. It's all a sham! Neither has a shred of credibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-15-2017 12:59 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
(10-13-2017 06:20 PM)XLance Wrote:  

Three of the 6 people on the COI had legal backgrounds. They knew that the NCAA had no legal standing and could put the NCAA in financial jeopardy with any other verdict.

I beg to differ X but the Crowder email alone proved a falsification of grades, the NCAA has & has used that authority in the past. Not to mention the former players speaking out.

10-15-2017 01:03 PM
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-15-2017 01:03 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(10-13-2017 06:20 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 12:42 PM)bullet Wrote:  Is there a message with that date?

I beg to differ X but the Crowder email alone proved a falsification of grades, the NCAA has & has used that authority in the past. Not to mention the former players speaking out.

Differ all you want.
The only "former players" that spoke out were ones that were trying to get some financial gain from the University and even then it was a minute handful vs. the total number involved.
10-15-2017 02:12 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-15-2017 12:59 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Put the NCAA aside for a moment, SACS is just as worthless & they undeniably had the power & right to pull NC accreditation & yet only gave them a year probation. It's all a sham! Neither has a shred of credibility.

They should have given them more than a year, but yanking the probation is pretty close to a death penalty. No student loans. Its a pretty extreme measure.
10-15-2017 09:36 PM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
(10-15-2017 09:36 PM)bullet Wrote:  Its a pretty extreme measure.

In the spectrum of extreme measures, it fails to make a blip. And, it's amazing the differences between two- and four-year schools...community colleges are getting those threats far more frequently these days; usually done by panels comprised of four-year school administrators.

UNC Chapel Hill is one school among probably way too many in this country to begin with. You shouldn't pause because of what impact this has on students and the institution. You shouldn't pause because you owe it to so many other schools who don't pull this **** that it's NEVER tolerated and all of higher education suffers if it slides.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017 10:36 PM by The Cutter of Bish.)
10-15-2017 10:33 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(10-15-2017 12:59 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Put the NCAA aside for a moment, SACS is just as worthless & they undeniably had the power & right to pull NC accreditation & yet only gave them a year probation. It's all a sham! Neither has a shred of credibility.

That is SOP for all regional accreditation associations. They have done the same thing to other schools. They just don't pull accreditation right away.
10-16-2017 07:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.