Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Navy at Notre Dame
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Navy at Notre Dame
I think the Irish probably just have too much talent to blow it, but the kind of start-to-finish beat-down ND suffered in Miami tonight can sometimes get in a team’s head and affect its performance the following week.

Here’s hoping! 04-cheers
11-11-2017 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
RE: Navy at Notre Dame
(11-11-2017 11:38 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I think the Irish probably just have too much talent to blow it, but the kind of start-to-finish beat-down ND suffered in Miami tonight can sometimes get in a team’s head and affect its performance the following week.

Here’s hoping! 04-cheers

It will be revenge and ND wanting a big V over Navy.
11-11-2017 11:56 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(11-11-2017 11:56 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 11:38 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I think the Irish probably just have too much talent to blow it, but the kind of start-to-finish beat-down ND suffered in Miami tonight can sometimes get in a team’s head and affect its performance the following week.

Here’s hoping! 04-cheers

they already proved they have a big V playing miami
11-12-2017 12:06 AM
STL_Wave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Would've been better for ND to eek out a win and lose big to Navy in a trap game.
11-12-2017 01:33 AM
ObiwanGoat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Navy
I like Navy's chances if we can take care of the ball. Our D will have a tough time stopping them but our option can really use another opponents anger and over emotional state to our advantage. Too much emotion can wipe out discipline play which is required to stop the triple option.
11-14-2017 11:50 AM
coogrfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
What does your QB situation look like for Saturday?
11-14-2017 02:07 PM
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(11-14-2017 02:07 PM)coogrfan Wrote:  What does your QB situation look like for Saturday?

Looks great! We have three guys the head coach and OC like, and at least one of them is uninjured!
11-14-2017 03:14 PM
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(11-14-2017 03:14 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 02:07 PM)coogrfan Wrote:  What does your QB situation look like for Saturday?

Looks great! We have three guys the head coach and OC like, and at least one of them is uninjured!

How many spares in the stands, just in case?
11-14-2017 03:17 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(11-14-2017 03:17 PM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  

We won't have that luxury on the road.

There are another 5 guys still listed as "QB" on the full roster. If Abey AND Perry (Perry is the guy who came out of the stands in game one in 2016, moved to slotback to get him on the field, and then moved back to QB last week) are both too hurt to dress, freshman Reggie Hayes was the #3 behind Garrett Lewis. After Hayes - freshman Dalen Morris has gotten some run and sophomore Jacob Harrison probably behind him.
11-14-2017 03:26 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(11-12-2017 12:06 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 11:56 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  

Here’s hoping! 04-cheers

they already proved they have a big V playing miami

03-lmfao

Reason #16 why I nominated you for being a mod of the Cincinnati Board.
11-14-2017 03:30 PM
ObiwanGoat Offline
Water Engineer

(11-14-2017 03:26 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

There are another 5 guys still listed as "QB" on the full roster. If Abey AND Perry (Perry is the guy who came out of the stands in game one in 2016, moved to slotback to get him on the field, and then moved back to QB last week) are both too hurt to dress, freshman Reggie Hayes was the #3 behind Garrett Lewis. After Hayes - freshman Dalen Morris has gotten some run and sophomore Jacob Harrison probably behind him.

I would like to see a full game of Lewis. He seems to be the only QB who is making the correct reads so far. I don't know if Coach Jasper thinks his knee can't take the beating or what. He seems to read the triple option the best and does not force the ball when passing. He finds the open receiver and lets not forget he does a great flop on the one yard line. 03-lmfao

Beside it would be a great audition for the Army game.
11-14-2017 04:22 PM
Advertisement

sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Go Naval Academy!
11-14-2017 10:41 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(11-14-2017 04:22 PM)ObiwanGoat Wrote:  

I would like to see a full game of Lewis. He seems to be the only QB who is making the correct reads so far. I don't know if Coach Jasper thinks his knee can't take the beating or what. He seems to read the triple option the best and does not force the ball when passing. He finds the open receiver and lets not forget he does a great flop on the one yard line. 03-lmfao

Most popular guy in any college town INCLUDING Annapolis...the backup QB.
The reads and decisions are the primary factor by which Jasper and Niumat make the decision on qb, and he still hasn't overtaken Abey's on their eyes.
A lot easier to pass against prevent defense (UCF AND Temple).
11-14-2017 10:50 PM
ObiwanGoat Offline
Water Engineer

(11-14-2017 10:50 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 03:14 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  Looks great! We have three guys the head coach and OC like, and at least one of them is uninjured!

The reads and decisions are the primary factor by which Jasper and Niumat make the decision on qb, and he still hasn't overtaken Abey's on their eyes.

True but then again we have had some great tales of backup QBs becoming legendary. Kaipo, Dobbs, Bryant, and Reynolds all stepped in as backups and continued to win games.

I have been cheering for Abey since the Temple game last year but I don't think he is improving. He does well running the keeper but he doesn't see the field on pass plays. His implosion lost us the Memphis game. Sure Lewis was passing against the prevent D in some cases but he was able to seek out the open receiver. His last TD against Temple was a heck of a pass. He also had a great touch pass in that game when he chose not to run. Abey focuses on 1 receiver just like against Army last year and either forces the ball or tucks and runs.

Beside the ND game is a throwaway game. No one is expecting us to win. Give Lewis the start and Abey and Perry can begin to heal for Army. If Lewis does not impress, we know who we have to play for Army. If Lewis excels, tell Abey to beef up and play fullback next year.
11-15-2017 10:48 AM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2017 10:48 AM)ObiwanGoat Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 10:50 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(11-14-2017 03:17 PM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  How many spares in the stands, just in case?

True but then again we have had some great tales of backup QBs becoming legendary. Kaipo, Dobbs, Bryant, and Reynolds all stepped in as backups and continued to win games.

I have been cheering for Abey since the Temple game last year but I don't think he is improving. He does well running the keeper but he doesn't see the field on pass plays. His implosion lost us the Memphis game. Sure Lewis was passing against the prevent D in some cases but he was able to seek out the open receiver. His last TD against Temple was a heck of a pass. He also had a great touch pass in that game when he chose not to run. Abey focuses on 1 receiver just like against Army last year and either forces the ball or tucks and runs.

Beside the ND game is a throwaway game. No one is expecting us to win. Give Lewis the start and Abey and Perry can begin to heal for Army. If Lewis does not impress, we know who we have to play for Army. If Lewis excels, tell Abey to beef up and play fullback next year.

Fair points.
I haven't been to a practice yet this year, so I'll default to the trust the coaches position. At risk of stating the obvious Ivin Jasper is a key reason we've had the backups step up and perform.

I expect Navy to win against ND.
11-15-2017 03:22 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Too bad Miami crushed ND last week. Was looking forward to Navy spoiling their season Saturday.
11-15-2017 03:24 PM
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

Yeah, I liked the "trap game" set up between Miami and Stanford. Now they're just angry leprechauns. I mean they were probably already gonna be looking to avenge last year, so the trap potential was already slipping, now they're more angry. Except they're big, fast, strong leprechauns.
11-15-2017 03:26 PM
ObiwanGoat Offline
Water Engineer

(11-15-2017 03:26 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  Yeah, I liked the "trap game" set up between Miami and Stanford. Now they're just angry leprechauns. I mean they were probably already gonna be looking to avenge last year, so the trap potential was already slipping, now they're more angry. Except they're big, fast, strong leprechauns.

Back in the stone ages I played some college ball at the FCS level. We faced several options teams. Anger does not always help in defending the option. I hope ND is running around foaming out of the mouth. We need to play Will Worth ball like last year. 3-4 yards per carry and eat up the clock.

For the record that same anger however could help the ND offense.

The trap effect will kick in the longer we can keep it close.
11-15-2017 05:15 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

Navy board has a locker room pic showing lockers/uniforms set up for Abey, Lewis, Perry, AND Hayes.
11-17-2017 03:24 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Go Navy! Always except one game a season.
11-17-2017 03:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.