Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CSUB vs Georgia Southern Game thread
Bookmark and Share
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
MyBB CSUB vs Georgia Southern Game thread
There already is some animosity between CSUB and GaSo going into this night's game.
According to one GaSo fan Coach Barns had some comments about playing in Statesboro: "That we’re in the middle of nowhere and saying the only reason we were put on their schedule is to fill a Home spot and basically gave the overall impression that coming to Statesboro to play Georgia Southern was beneath him and his team."

Such comments should get the GaSo team fired up to take on CSUB. Should hopefully be a good game.
11-13-2017 06:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Clarity Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
RE: CSUB vs Georgia Southern Game thread
Lol. That is not true at all. He was talking about how hard it is to get teams to play in Bakersfield. Teams just don't want to play a successful team, they are scared of the upset. They had some soft commits for 2018 but after the NIT run they dropped out. He couldn't get another home game this year without making it a home and home with Georgia Southern. It's ridiculous to say that he thinks it's beneath the team. He is referring to how hard scheduling is and a team from Bakersfield traveling across the entire country to Statesboro Georgia. That's a ton of travel! No team wants to have to make that journey.

http://www.bakersfield.com/sports/why-is...64f79.html
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017 06:50 PM by Clarity.)
11-13-2017 06:45 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(11-13-2017 06:45 PM)Clarity Wrote:  Lol. That is not true at all. He was talking about how hard it is to get teams to play in Bakersfield. Teams just don't want to play a successful team, they are scared of the upset. They had some soft commits for 2018 but after the NIT run they dropped out. He couldn't get another home game this year without making it a home and home with Georgia Southern. It's ridiculous to say that he thinks it's beneath the team. He is referring to how hard scheduling is and a team from Bakersfield traveling across the entire country to Statesboro Georgia. That's a ton of travel! No team wants to have to make that journey.

http://www.bakersfield.com/sports/why-is...64f79.html

Well that is apparently the mentality of the GaSo fans. It seems that there is also some tension due to the fact Coach Barns used to coach over at GaSo. GaSo did go 18-15 las season with a post game appearance so the game will be interesting. I'm sure the players would like to upset their former coach as well.
11-13-2017 07:05 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Barnes coached at Georgia State not Georgia Southern.
11-13-2017 07:27 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(11-13-2017 07:27 PM)Clarity Wrote:  Barnes coached at Georgia State not Georgia Southern.

My bad, misread the history. First few minutes don't look good for CSUB.
11-13-2017 07:40 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Georgia Southern is a really good team. They will most likely win 25 games and win the Sun Belt. They had two 3's one an open look from their Center and one a step back fade that you can't stop. Had a slow start against Whittier as well.
11-13-2017 07:46 PM
Advertisement

Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Nothing falling for CSUB, everything falling for Southern.
11-13-2017 07:49 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

The announcers were saying they are favorites to win the Sun Belt. They didn't do so well last season, losing in the first round of the Sun Belt tournament. Still Bakersfield looking really sloppy in the first ten minutes, down 15-6. They need to get rolling on both offense and defense.
11-13-2017 07:52 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
The Roadrunner are not playing smart basketball.
11-13-2017 08:16 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(11-13-2017 08:16 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  The Roadrunner are not playing smart basketball.

Reminds me of the CSUB vs NMSU game at Bakersfield. Home team dominating. Did losing those seniors really harm CSUB that much?
11-13-2017 08:23 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Just a god awful half of basketball. Nothing much more to say. One thing though **** that dirty piece of **** on Southern who set that disgusting screen on Davis. That's how people get seriously injured. Should've been a flagrant.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017 08:27 PM by Clarity.)
11-13-2017 08:27 PM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

The GASO point guard Tookie Brown is making it difficult for CSUB to apply defensive pressure. GASO is the more aggressive team. And, CSUB is still fouling too much.
11-13-2017 08:30 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(11-13-2017 08:27 PM)Clarity Wrote:  Just a god awful half of basketball. Nothing much more to say. One thing though **** that dirty piece of **** on Southern who set that disgusting screen on Davis. That's how people get seriously injured. Should've been a flagrant.

Dude I agree that should have been a flagrant. Does CSUB normally foul this much?
11-13-2017 08:32 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Yes it goes with their defense which is usually a lot better so it's not really a problem when they're on but now it does stand out. Southern is just a legit team, they beat Wake Forest on Friday. Barnes better chew into these guys at half.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017 08:38 PM by Clarity.)
11-13-2017 08:36 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

(11-13-2017 08:32 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 08:27 PM)Clarity Wrote:  Just a god awful half of basketball. Nothing much more to say. One thing though **** that dirty piece of **** on Southern who set that disgusting screen on Davis. That's how people get seriously injured. Should've been a flagrant.

Dude I agree that should have been a flagrant. Does CSUB normally foul this much?

Only six D1 teams fouled more than CSUB last season. They dish out fouls like candy. That was in part the cause of their doom against NMSU in the WAC Tourney Championship.
11-13-2017 08:40 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(11-13-2017 08:40 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 08:32 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  

Only six D1 teams fouled more than CSUB last season. They dish out fouls like candy. That was in part the cause of their doom against NMSU in the WAC Tourney Championship.

Oh I figured that with their defense as good as it was, they didn't foul as much.
11-13-2017 08:57 PM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

As bad as CSUB is playing tonight, I will be surprised if they don't return the favor and beat GASO when they come to Bakersfield. CSUB is not this bad a team.
11-13-2017 09:06 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

Wow. Awful game for Bakersfield.
11-13-2017 09:26 PM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(11-13-2017 06:40 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  There already is some animosity between CSUB and GaSo going into this night's game.
According to one GaSo fan Coach Barns had some comments about playing in Statesboro: "That we’re in the middle of nowhere and saying the only reason we were put on their schedule is to fill a Home spot and basically gave the overall impression that coming to Statesboro to play Georgia Southern was beneath him and his team."

Such comments should get the GaSo team fired up to take on CSUB. Should hopefully be a good game.

Unfortunately, according to the tweets I was following, it was anything but for the 'Runners.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017 09:29 PM by RunnerBall.)
11-13-2017 09:29 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Embarrassing, lazy and pathetic effort. This team is more than talented to hang with a good Georgia Southern team. Cross country travel is not good and I expect a different showing in the return game. I'll allow this one even though they looked terrible. Anymore games like this and I will start to worry. I still think they will get it together by WAC play but wow there's more to work on than I thought. Still not throwing the season in the trash yet. They are better than this. I hope this and Arizona Thursday doesn't destroy their confidence. On to the next one.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017 09:33 PM by Clarity.)
11-13-2017 09:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.